Jahmaine

Leo who is your target audience?

13 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Generally speaking, who is your target, why do you always assume “you don’t understand” “you don’t get it”? 

And just saying something like “if someone was enlightened already they wouldn’t be watching my video” isn’t really an answer, correlation does not imply causation.  

What if someone, hypothetically, had been following you from the start and done all the exercise, psychedelics, meditating, etc and did get it and was at a level akin to your or beyond? They’re obviously not included in it. Who is it that you’re talking to that doesn’t understand what you’re talking about? 

My own assumption is that you’re speaking as if anyone could watch the video for the first time without any background context, so they could just stumble across the video and have a more concrete understand compared with someone that had been following and would need to watch a lot of other videos, although I know there are a few like that.

Personally I feel like it can turn people off watching your content - that said anyone that’s actually interested in this stuff will be able to look beyond that, which I completely understand and agree with.  

I understand that you could just be stating facts (in a certain context) and it’s your particular style, you also want to be realistic because most people are soo far away from certain understandings and paradigms that you do just need to be blunt like that. 

Im just curious on your own point of view with your work?

Is there a possibility for content for people that might actually understand what you’re saying, that might be enlightened already? The type of content you could go really deep with in which you’re under the assumption that you don’t need to baby step it for newbies like you understandably do in most of your content? 

For example stage turquoise content for stage turquoise people.

Edited by Jahmaine

@Leo Gura you just going to ignore me? Responding everywhere else but don’t want to talk here? Is there an particularly reason for this?

He doesn't answer everyone's questions. Even if he does, it may not be satisfactory.I wouldn't take it personal. Keep on keeping on. 

20 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

He doesn't answer everyone's questions. Even if he does, it may not be satisfactory.I wouldn't take it personal. Keep on keeping on. 

Yeah I know he doesn’t answer everyone’s question, also it need not be satisfactory for me because I’m asking for his point of view, it’s not like I’m asking for advice, if anything it’ll just add another layer of context to understand his work in and as we all know from his video about recontextualisation, context is very important, so I’m just requesting to know the overall framework this is being presented in, a meta perspective if you like. Nothing’s personal, it’s the universe speaking with itself, I was just curious why there’s no response to this, whilst I’m getting notifications for everything else that’s he responding to, it’s not like a critique or personal attack, even if it was I’m sure he’d be open saying how he feels or the moderators would jump in due to nature of the toxicity. It is what it is, if he doesn’t respond he doesn’t respond, just for me personally it’s opens up enquires as to why it’d be the case, which as well is meaningless in the end. Maybe it’s a threshold guardian. 

I might be wrong but I got the strong sense that this was you taking it personal. If I remember correctly you have brought up the issue of Leo assuming his viewers don't understand X topic some time before. Maybe it is worth contemplating why you react against that. Maybe not. Never bothered me one bit at least.

Not trying to shit on you here just a friendly reminder you might want to check up on yourself.

Godspeed.

5 hours ago, loub said:

I might be wrong but I got the strong sense that this was you taking it personal. If I remember correctly you have brought up the issue of Leo assuming his viewers don't understand X topic some time before. Maybe it is worth contemplating why you react against that. Maybe not. Never bothered me one bit at least.

Not trying to shit on you here just a friendly reminder you might want to check up on yourself.

Godspeed.

That’s fair enough, i can see why you’d say that. It’s not a problem for me personally, I’ve been watching Leo for about 5-6 years now so I’m quite used to it, plus my curiosity and appreciation for his depth of knowledge outweighs petty stuff like that, he could be like Dan Pena and I’d still watch (providing I saw value in the content), I personally am not watching it solely for his character, like I said prior, im just curious at who the target audience is since whoever it is he’s under the assumption they don’t understand what he’s saying, so if anything I’m asking where is the content for those that he assumes do understand. 

Also when he says “share with a friend” they can get turned off from a seemingly condescending approach when someone keeps saying “you don’t get it” “you don’t understand” - I know though that people seriously interested in this type of stuff will just look through it anyway.  

Edited by Jahmaine

Even within this post, it’s not personal that he obviously ignored it, because everyone gets a notification when they get tagged in it and I saw him responding to plenty of posts after I posted this, i’m more just pressing on why this question wasn’t be addressed, I don’t feel like the original question is audacious, threatening, rude, toxic, disrespectful or a low consciousness question that’s not worth his time - because it’s not. It’s quite articulate, I’ve shown my current understanding, I displayed my understanding of what I know from him already, I showed consideration to both sides to show that I’m not attacking and that it’s a genuine question. 

If he never responds then I’ll never know and I can just be left to wonder and contemplate for as long as I so desire and that’s that.

10 hours ago, Jahmaine said:

@Leo Gura you just going to ignore me? Responding everywhere else but don’t want to talk here? Is there an particularly reason for this?

Edited by Jahmaine

20 hours ago, Jahmaine said:

For example stage turquoise content for stage turquoise people.

Once someone hits stage turquoise (even if its just spirituality) they're a mystic.  They realize they are there own authority.    So they aren't really gonna need spiritual teachings from another mystic.   They will do their own spiritual exploration.   (I'm talking only in a spiritual context now)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Once someone hits stage turquoise (even if its just spirituality) they're a mystic.  They realize they are there own authority.    So they aren't really gonna need spiritual teachings from another mystic.   They will do their own spiritual exploration.   (I'm talking only in a spiritual context now)

Fair enough, but like I said correlation does not imply causation - meaning just because someone reaches a certain level it doesn’t directly mean that they’ll never view content from another.  By that thought process it’d mean that Eckhart Tolle, Mooji, Dalai Lama, Sadguru and suchlike will never cross reference from each other or look at the content from spiritual masters of the past, because they’re already at a certain level. I’m not saying that any one them do that by the way, I’m just using it as an example. 

@Leo Gura maybe when you’re next in God mode you won’t feel some type of way about responding.

Overthinking people.

he push the button even higher to makes you eat your own butt with your own forces

On 05/02/2020 at 6:30 PM, Jahmaine said:

why do you always assume “you don’t understand” “you don’t get it”?

Surely this is a tactic to make sure that we're not delusional? Mastery doesn't have an end. If you think or even "know" you've reached the end, then most probably you're wrong.

All stories and explanations are false.