Parththakkar12

Issue with David Deida's book

29 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Meetjoeblack said:

He did but he prefaced The start calling out limp d low testosterone and spineless cowards.

As I remember, he was calling out these men for purposefully acting new-agey and adopting that overly passive pretense to serve some end or fit some ideal. Not because they naturally had less test or identified more with the feminine. He described a general shift in the attitude of society where women had to become more masculine to compete with men and men tried to fit some new ideal contrary to their true nature. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On 1/30/2020 at 5:18 AM, Parththakkar12 said:

The book says something along the lines that 'The masculine is unchanging presence with the ever-changing flow of the feminine. Therefore, the masculine seeks a state of completion, whereas the feminine seeks to express more energetically/chaotically/meaninglessly when in a state of peace'. It kinda rubbed me the wrong way. What it felt like was that he says that the feminine creates/stands for chaos and anarchy, and expects the masculine to be present with it and somehow restore peace, or something....?

I always have issues when people have standards of what the Divine Masculine should/shouldn't do! What do you think he means here? What am I missing?

It's important not to identify yourself with the Masculine energy or the Feminine energy because everyone has both. Masculine and Feminine exists as a metaphor, and a pretty good one at that. But Masculinity is not equated with manhood and Femininity is not equated with womanhood... it's the other way around. Manhood is equated with masculinity and womanhood is equated with femininity.

So, the principles of the masculine and feminine are in all things and supercede gender.

But more importantly, on the ultimate level everyone has infinite amounts of the masculine and feminine to them.

If you imagine a Yin and Yang sign, which is a symbol of masculine/feminine. Then imagine zooming into the Yin side (black side) and when you zoom in you find even more Yin and Yang signs. Then you zoom in and find even more Yin and Yang signs.

The masculine and feminine are always intertwined. You can't have one without the other. And this is true at all levels. 

So, this is why the masculine principle is all about doing and movement and motion. And it is also about the still and unchanging. It depends on what perspective you're looking from. 

The feminine is all about stillness and being and nature. Yet it is also about chaos.

So, don't identify with any of it. Just let it be.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 2/1/2020 at 10:15 AM, Leo Gura said:

Masculine is more active, seeking to enforce itself on the world.

Feminine is more passive, seeking to soak in the world.

Is this really so hard to understand?

Masculine wants to penetrate, feminine wants to be penetrated.

Deida says the opposite though! He says that the Masculine in the Absolute sense is Consciousness which is stoically present with the Feminine, which is all form. It's the Feminine which is coming at the Masculine in ever-changing ways!! I didn't quite get this, cuz from what I know, masculine energy is forward-moving energy and femininity is receptive as you're saying.

What do you think he means when he says this?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

4 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Deida says the opposite though! He says that the Masculine in the Absolute sense is Consciousness which is stoically present with the Feminine, which is all form. It's the Feminine which is coming at the Masculine in ever-changing ways!! I didn't quite get this, cuz from what I know, masculine energy is forward-moving energy and femininity is receptive as you're saying.

What do you think he means when he says this?

He is speaking from a more metaphysical/spiritual perspective there.

They are not contradictory. The point is that masculinity is grounded and stable while femininity is floaty and more playful.

You can be grounded, stable, and active, and penetrate the world with your energy all at the same time.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Reading this book at the minute! It's pretty direct book that gets to the heart of many of my relationship issues. It's been a grate asset to the foundation of relationship books I have read! 

I appreciate David's perspectives, and as someone who is actively integrating their masculine and feminine sides it has been a surprising map and mirror.It has helped me to make sense of previous failed relationships and gain more insight into myself. I am currently halfway. I can see this masculine feminine interplay already in the relationships that surround me.

(Male) I have been realizing I have the capacity for both my core and sexual centres to shift between masculine and feminine. Dominant and submissive. I still have fear and egoic attachments to letting go of my negative motivation towards my masculine mask. Society shaped this ego to fear its full expressiveness. I know I have masculine and feminine elements and though not its intention has helped me to integrate further into my feminine shadow.

I don't know what a human is, nor a man or a women. The goal is to step into my authentic power. The Avatar should be able to freely express itself in love.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

He is speaking from a more metaphysical/spiritual perspective there.

They are not contradictory. The point is that masculinity is grounded and stable while femininity is floaty and more playful.

You can be grounded, stable, and active, and penetrate the world with your energy all at the same time.

Actually, esoterically speaking, Femininity is related to groundedness and Masculinity related to flight.

It's why many religions have Earth Goddesses and Sky Gods. It's also why the masculine is associated with air and fire while the feminine is associated with Earth and water.

Femininity is about being, stillness, and stability. Masculinity is about doing, activity, and change. 

Femininity is about the body and the emotions. Masculinity is about intellect and spiritual ideals.

Femininity is about substance without movement. Masculinity is about movement without substance.

Femininity is the particle nature of reality. Masculinity is the wave nature of reality. 

Of course, they are both one. Just don't confuse these polar principle in terms of what people in society generally display. Most people are cut off from their natural energetic signature.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Which brings us to the big question xD How to get back in touch with your personal energetic signature, without adopting typical masculine/feminine attributes from your culture? 

Just now, Farnaby said:

@Emerald Which brings us to the big question xD How to get back in touch with your personal energetic signature, without adopting typical masculine/feminine attributes from your culture? 

It's a process of subtraction. You remove what isn't authentic and are left with what is.

But sensitivity is really important to develop to feel into your natural energy. I experienced the divine feminine only when I was receptive enough to it. It's very subtle. I'd imagine it's the same for divine masculine energy as well.

Emotionalmastery.org

5 minutes ago, Emerald said:

It's a process of subtraction. You remove what isn't authentic and are left with what is.

But sensitivity is really important to develop to feel into your natural energy. I experienced the divine feminine only when I was receptive enough to it. It's very subtle. I'd imagine it's the same for divine masculine energy as well.

@Emerald That's what I thought too and what my intuition was telling me. 

I think a good sign that you're connected to your personal energy is that you feel grounded, spontaneous and free.