Raptorsin7

Starting A Blog

29 posts in this topic

As part of my life purpose i'm going to start a blog. I'm curious has anyone here started a successful blog, as in it generates revenue and has high traffic, and does anyone have resources for how to start a blog. Stuff like website design, getting traffic, what makes for a good website design.

I know what i'm going to do from a content stand point but getting the blog up and running is my main concern right now. 

Any insights would be appreciated. Any questions are welcome too.

What are your knowledge in web development?

Edited by Raphael

I have started a blog. It's not successful though. I can still give you some tips that I've heard around.

- Make sure that the platform that you choose can support a lot of traffic.

- The best design is simple but also personal to you.

- Share what you write. Provide links so that people can access your site as easily as possible.

Are you going to start a YouTube channel and streaming alongside at the same time? Or just blog first? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Raphael I have no experience. I've heard word press is very good.

@Pallero Thanks for the insight.

@LfcCharlie4 Eventually yes. At first it will just be a blog/website so I can write articles and do coaching. But eventually I'll start doing twitch, and then take content from twitch and put it on my youtube channel.

@LfcCharlie4 Actually not sure about youtube/twitch. I prefer keeping a low profile. Fame is toxic. Website and playing should be enough to get attention and money etc. The content will speak for itself. The website and gaming are a must. But youtube/twitch and actually opening myself to the world like that is a maybe.

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7 This is a good advice, the question is how you get you blog going.

I have a blog as well, but it was under construction for 3 years. I don't mean the structure of the web page, you can get a wordpress blog in an afternoon. The content was the problem. I had to develop myself and get clarity about the topic. You seem to know what you want, so go for it ; )

Think about the end consumer of your content and how you can create value for him. All else is a distraction.

9 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

the question is how you get you blog going.

I already started it with word press. The design and everything is set, now I just need to work on content before I open it up and start getting traffic.

The blog is going to be about video games, and basically how games can be used an object of meditation to help people find more happiness in their lives.

Most gamers, myself included, play games out of boredom and to feel good. But gaming culture is toxic and people end up just making themselves more miserable playing. I was stuck in this pattern for many years playing games. Given that people are already addicted to games. I can write techniques on how to use games to develop mindfulness, emotional awareness etc.

Basically spreading love and god through video games. I view myself as a missionary going into the warzone that is the toxicity of online video games.

@supremeyingyang Yeah it will encompass anything that helps gamers find good feeling through gaming. 

It will start with just performance tips, how to play better, why tiliting is bad etc.

Then i'll see what people want.

I'll probably discuss nootropics at first rather then more basic diet tips.

I guess most gamer will be drawn in with performance tricks like better nutrition, whole food or meditation. That is the perfect frame from my perspective..

@supremeyingyang Yeah the main focus will be performance.

I'm currently training in league of legends. I will have more credibility the better I am, and the higher rank I am.

@Raptorsin7

lol... I know a person who wrote his bachelor thesis about lol . So you wanna get so good that everyone ask like : How ? And then you present the blog ?  That's actually a damn fine strategy

@supremeyingyang Basically yeah haha. Thank you, I think it's brilliant as well.

It all came to me from doing long hours in the float tank, and using my dream board to find my life purpose. 

Well go for it, I'm sure you can earn a living trough that. But it'll take some years to manifest

@Raptorsin7 Just so you know, my knowledge is that the field is heavily saturated and is in quite a late stage of its development (hence saturation). That does not mean you can't make it work, but I'm just giving you a heads up that a lot has changed since the "golden days" and probably the idea you have for how things will go. I went through a similar phase with some projects of mine. Read the market. That will help you in the long run.

@Ero What i'm planning on doing is untouched. No one is using christ consciousness to master league of legends and spread knowledge about how to feel better using games and spiritual concepts.

These ideas came to me through intense meditation in a float tank. That's why i'm so confident. I didn't do anything. All of this to me through just emptying my mind and being open to insight.

@Raptorsin7

There was never a better time to launch a blog on gaming (with the shutdown). Every Gamer is at home and plays Games non-stop!!! You could write a burner article about how to play healthy in times of corona as a kick off of your blog. This can give you the attention to launch the blog and to help people:)

If you need some technical help to launch it, I can help you.

Edited by supremeyingyang

@supremeyingyang  This is very true man. Thanks for the insight. I've been focusing hard on playing the game over the past month or so, but maybe I should switch focus to writing. There's a lot to write about, and the spreading conscious information about the virus could be important.

I'll think about your suggestion. I have exams in the next few weeks so after exams i'll reassess how I want to approach my work over the summer.