Ayla

Optical Illusions

19 posts in this topic

What is it that is happening so that you can switch from seeing one image to seeing another? 

Is that any different from seeing SELF to NO-SELF? How? 

:)

220px-Two_silhouette_profile_or_a_white_vase.jpg

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla it's probably the same thing :-) for now we're all stuck on only seeing the ornament, once we gain a more whole bigger picture experience we'll see the two faces and then have both perspectives in our grasp 

I like this coaching style of thread that questions you to make you come up with your own answers so you can become aware of why you think certain things as opposed to simply taking in information :) 

@Ayla @Saarah  I tend to see more the face first. Then with effort I see the ornament.

I was thinking that maybe I have to look at the empty spaces between everything to see if I can see reality.

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse yeah I actually saw the faces first but I was thinking since the ego is like this one entity or idea that should be the ornament and then enlightenment is when you see the whole picture which is the faces that are more far out :) 

23 minutes ago, Saarah said:

@abrakamowse yeah I actually saw the faces first but I was thinking since the ego is like this one entity or idea that should be the ornament and then enlightenment is when you see the whole picture which is the faces that are more far out :) 

Yeah, I was thinking the same but I tried and failed miserably

Lmao

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Up-Down.jpg

35 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Up-Down.jpg

Since self-realization is about a shift in perspective, I would say the up IS the down xD

23 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Since self-realization is about a shift in perspective, I would say the up IS the down xD

True hehehehe

the first 2 things that came to mind when i seen no self was '' i cant believe how simply this is '' and '' this is the way it has always been, i just never seen it ''

On 6/14/2016 at 9:31 PM, Natasha said:

I really like cats. 

Grail Couple.jpg

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

On June 13, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Ayla said:

What is it that is happening so that you can switch from seeing one image to seeing another? 

Is that any different from seeing SELF to NO-SELF? How? 

220px-Two_silhouette_profile_or_a_white_vase.jpg

I would think similar in the sense that you go from identifying with the self in the mirror that you imagine does all of your experiences, to being the awareness that both contains and imbues all things within the field of awareness. It is being able to hold both of those perspective without knowing which one is "correct" in the same way as in the image. The faces and chalice are both valid interpretations. But I would say that it's different in this way too. Because the existential 'being the awareness' realization is more true than the 'identifying with the small self' paradigm. So, it would be more of a perfect analogy if, within the image, there was a more true interpretation. For example, instead of seeing 'faces' or 'chalice' , you literally see it for what it is, two black shapes and a white shape on a flat surface. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I was being a lot more literal in my initial post. I was trying to get you to recognize the "switch" that is taking place so that you can see from the same picture into a different perspective. 

Usually, you can see one perspective: let's say the 2 faces (the duality). Something has to happen in your perspective so that you can see the chalice (non-duality). The more you "exercise that shifting", the more it will become obvious which "muscle" you need to use so that you can observe no-self. 

Because, exactly like the two perspectives on this picture, self and no-self are both there, "right in front of your eyes", but if you don't actually "switch", no amount of information will get you to see it. 

So from that perspective, maybe more pictures like this, would be helpful... or not

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

9 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

I really like cats. 

You ARE a cat ^..^