Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DreamScape

Lucid Dreaming/Astral Projection

19 posts in this topic

Creating a Journal for Lucid dreaming/dreaming in general & Astral projection. I had been interested in this for FOREVER but I am deciding to start this now.

I am going to write down the dream and the content within it. I cannot do either at the moment, but will write down the progression that I have getting there. Also, with a reflection section and a questions that I have for myself section to deepen the excitement and contemplation. 

Also I'm doing a bunch of shadow work, and that seems to be reflected in my dreams. 

I'm excited!

Inspired by @seeking_brilliance and my own general motivation and inspiration. 

Also, feel free to leave any comments about your experience, questions, tips, etc etc. :D 

Genesis 27:27-29

@DreamScape let me know if you need any help finding a method

Also, do you ever wake up in sleep paralysis? That is a special backdoor to astral and Lucid dreaming. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance I think so, once I woke up, body asleep mind awake, although there was nothing haunting me lol. I was about to astral project but i had a lot of fear so I wasn't able to. 

Thanks! I'm going off of the book "Lucid dreams in 30 days: the creative sleep program". I've also started recording dreams in a dream journal.

It's been years since I have done lucid dreaming. But two tips I have that worked really well for me. First, if you flip a light switch in your dream it will not work. You can use this to easily identify that you are in a dream. The second one is to start spinning if you feel yourself about to leave the dream and you want to stay in. The spinning will really help you maintain the lucid dream even when it is seemingly going to end. 

I have used lucid dreaming to spend time with a a deceased family member and float in space. It is really an interesting thing that you can explore. 

Edited by Average Investor

@Average Investor Thanks for the tips! I'll keep them in mind. 

That's pretty cool also. My reason: Creative outlet. Also, to have more time to work on myself. I haven't done much research into dream work but I'm sure that there's stuff to do. 

1/18 - 1/19. 

Dreams, no lucidity. 

I had a dream about me being with 3 friends and us going to the shop. It was like a video game, in that when we navigated the world it was like a Pokemon game, in that you'd be in 3rd person. In the shop, it was first person. So we went into the shop. I was looking at a camera but I decided not to buy, while one of my friends bought a galaxy phone. But then, there was a malicious character that wanted to steal our stuff at the house. But for some reason, I stopped playing myself and played him going into my friends house and then eventually going toward the main character's (mine's). I remember going back towards my house, eventually going there, and when we were inside I KNEW that he was coming/was coming near but I didn't tell my friends because I thought they would think I would be weird for playing as two characters. 

Reflection: I'm not too sure on this one. Maybe its due to reluctance on my end toward talking about nondual concepts?

There was another dream, I don't remember the content of it but it somehow showed me how to remove subconscious negativity. You do it by changing the unconscious, and the conscious is changed by the subconscious.

Another dream that night: I was walking toward one of my old schools, and a wild dog started to come after me by my old school. Also, one of my old stoner friends was on my mind. I know that I was doing something before that happened, but I cannot recall. 

Reflection: Fear of dogs. 

1/19 - 1/20. 

Dreams, no lucidity. Astral projection?

I had a dream where I was walking toward my dads old house, and the world looked different. It's hard to describe, but it was like a beautiful filter over the world. After that, I saw myself at the end of the driveway looking toward the house when I saw an old man looking at me. He just blankly stared at me. This is actually kind of weird now that I think about it, because he has been in dreams before just looking at me. I wonder what kind of significance this could have? 

Reflection: I'm not sure what this could mean. 

Another dream/astral projection??: Well, in this one I astral projected I think. Astral projected in a dream? I woke up in a BED (I usually sleep on a couch) in the astral realm, flying. and I remember deciding to go through the bed, and I did until I reached the bottom of it. I remember how it felt to go through it and how the bottom bed springs felt. After that, I went all the way up (the house I was in was two story, although my house is one story) and out of the house altogether. Then I woke up. When I try to stay in the astral realm (which I did) it seems like my astral body can't help but fuse with my physical one and wake up. 

Reflection: Not really sure what to say. 

Questions: Was I astral projecting or dreaming? 

LOL this one's a great one. So I was at work and someone brought a blunt. I smoked it (more than I should've at work. The managers were talking about work stuff but I was too high to pay attention to it. Sooo, I went outside out of fear. Someone (who's face I don't recognize) came out and tried to help me. He had water with him AND the blunt, and I wanted water to wash my eyes out. Then he said that I didn't need water, while burning out the blunt in the water (the blunt ashes infected the water) and he said that I need to connect with my ego so it could take control, then I'd be fine. LIKE LMAO WTF. (I am going through the Awakening process)

Reflection: My ego trying to seduce me toward following what it has to say? (probably because authenticity is dangerous to it, and being authentic about weed would be dangerous, especially in a work environment). But yeah I also got caught for smoking weed before and there is a level of fear and shame that comes with that. 

I had two more, but my handwriting was really bad in my dream journal (physical copy) so I can barely read it. :S oh well. 

Yeah, I woke up a lot during the night lol. 

Edited by DreamScape

30 minutes ago, DreamScape said:

LOL this one's a great one. So I was at work and someone brought a blunt. I smoked it (more than I should've at work. The managers were talking about work stuff but I was too high to pay attention to it. Sooo, I went outside out of fear. Someone (who's face I don't recognize) came out and tried to help me. He had water with him AND the blunt, and I wanted water to wash my eyes out. Then he said that I didn't need water, while burning out the blunt in the water (the blunt ashes infected the water) and he said that I need to connect with my ego so it could take control, then I'd be fine. LIKE LMAO WTF. (I am going through the Awakening process)

Yeah maybe he meant that the ego will protect you at work and is OK to trust a healthy ego. A healthy ego wouldn't smoke at work to begin with lol

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance I'm not sure. I don't want to do that haha. I know it'll protect me but I seek awakening, which = letting go of shame. I think this was my ego trying to protect itself. 

the blunt wouldn't have been there in the first place IRL lol. 

Maybe in cases of danger, like that, trust the ego? idk. seeking awakening = no ego though, and acceptance of danger. 

Great journal. I’d love to learn more about lucid dreaming.

Thats awesome that you are already remember dreams each night. I go through periods in which there is no dream recall. Regarding lucidity, are you doing reality checks during waking hours?

I have multiple days worth of dreams, I'm just gonna write it all in one reply.

1/21-1/22 Night.

A dream that I think I'm on a plane? I kept planing ways to get people to like me. 

Reflection: Nothing to reflect about. 

1/22-1/23 Night. 

I was playing on the game boy and me and my stepbrother were in the same room. I wanted to play more than one game but he got mad and ripped the game away. I got mad and started yelling and being upset. he went to tell on me. My stepmom came down and I told her what happened (to defend myself). She said that someone is going to come and we need to tell them. 

Another: I went to this one house full of a group of people and they were *my handwriting was so bad that I lost this part*. They had set up a bunch of recording equipment. They were stoner type people. The mom came home and I was sitting there while she *watched?* us all. She went after *someone* first. Then, the son of her went after her. They eventually went upstairs where the mother was killing the son. I was standing there by the door as I heard it. I got really scared at that part and bolted away outside. Also, somehow I got a bloody knife on my hand but idk why I had it. I'm pretty sure I was clueless as to why I had it in the dream also. So I ran and ran until the end of the street while I kept looking behind me. Nobody seemed to be following me. I found a barn and was hiding in there for a min. I was gonna hide my knife but decided not to because what if they found it? so then I went to keep going toward my home when I woke up. 

Reflection: Well I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the trauma of my mom and me wanting to leave her and escape her. T

Questions: Why do I have the knife? 

1/23-1/24 Night. 

Dream 1: A dream that I spilled my lava lamp. My cat was next to me. The shower head also broke. 

Dream 2: My grandma providing me with 150 dollars. She wanted me (and advocated) for me to use it for fun. 

Dream 3: I accidentally hit a car from driving too far to the right on the road. It was into their driveway. They were really wealthy and had a huge family. There was a point where I saw one of the workers at my work there, and we started dancing together.

Dream 4: I was with a group of people talking about psychedelics and spirituality.

It seems that most of these dreams are just reflections of my inner mind, or unconscious as I filter through and heal. 

Also, I was trying to use a dream concept called Dream Incubation: influencing your dreams through the thoughts and images you have just before falling asleep. It seems that I don't need to worry about doing that, though since I already know what my dreams will consist of. Although, I may still experiment with this idea. 

Also, I have been using the idea from @Serotoninluv of reality checks. I have been doing them sporadically but I keep forgetting. 

ImprovisationI am going to lucid dream before I astral project. 

3 minutes ago, DreamScape said:

Also, I have been using the idea from @Serotoninluv of reality checks. I have been doing them sporadically but I keep forgetting. 

Find one that works for you. Each person has one or two that works best. The most commonly effective ones are: the hand/finger, looking at a watch/clock, blowing nose (my best one) and searching for odd things.

One of the keys is to do them many times during the day. Perhaps once every 2 hrs. Another key is to make it as real/genuine as possible. For example, I won't simply think "It's time for a RC. . . Am I dreaming? (hold nose and blow). Nope, I'm awake". Spend about 5-10seconds getting in the right mindset. Really wonder if you are awake or dreaming. I may think "if this was a dream, it would be sooo amazing. (look around). The details and colors are amazing!! This is the type of clarity in a dream I had hoped for. . but wait a minute. . . how do I know if it's really a dream?" Then I hold my nose and blow, and think "oh, I'm awake". . . I try to get as close to "not knowing" as possible - rather than just going through the motions. The idea is that after continual practice, you will ask the same question in the dream and do the reality check. . .

You are in a really good place for dream recall. If you get to do a reality check in a dream, that is a big jump up - even if it fails. My early RCs failed. Yet once one holds, it's game on. . . 

41 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

get as close to "not knowing" as possible

Wow!! really good idea. Thanks!!

41 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet once one holds, it's game on. . . 

I'm super excited!

I finally did it! I think.

2/1 - 2/2

So I was having a normal dream when I started to wake up. And I did. But then I realized I was dreaming as I woke up. So as I became conscious I let my body fall back asleep and i kept dreaming. 

Firstly, I was working in some sort of big business. Idk what I was doing but my legs were jacked up. Then I realized that I was dreaming. I realized that I was waking up so I spun in circles to remain in the dream, and it worked. Then I was able to manipulate the dream as I wanted to. I removed all people and went to different places in my memory. I also visualized myself with other people. Also, I tried flying which was pretty cool to experience. While all of this was going on, I was still aware of my body and my thoughts. I would fade back into consciousness (my body) for small increments and start thinking, but then I'd relax myself to go back into the dream. 

I didnt have much lucidity. 

@DreamScape That's what I like to hear! Glad the tip went to good use. 

You definitely did it if you experienced that. You are going to have a good time if you can already go that deep with it. It's hard for most to fly etc at least that early on it.