Heaven

I became a silent person

9 posts in this topic

I am in the path of Self actualization for four years and I feel that the more I grow the less I’m interested to engage in conversations with my family, friends and co-workers.

I feel like I have to force it and think about topics to talk about instead of flowing with the present moment..

I don’t give power to my thoughts as I used to do before so nothing feels important to talk about.

I enjoy being..

anyone can relate with that?
Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Heaven said:

I am in the path of Self actualization for four years and I feel that the more I grow the less I’m interested to engage in conversations with my family, friends and co-workers.

I feel like I have to force it and think about topics to talk about instead of flowing with the present moment..

I don’t give power to my thoughts as I used to do before so nothing feels important to talk about.

I enjoy being..

anyone can relate with that?
Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks

I've been going through the same phenomena and while its good for me (less monkey mind means more peace), my girlfriend is complaining that I'm not intellectually stimulating enough for her because I don't talk a lot (she is a smart type). At intellectual social groups and work, I've noticed that smart people tend to assume I'm dumb because I don't talk a lot. They just think if I don't talk I must not have any real meaning or substance going on in my head. I've noticed that 'geniuses' and smart people have an impression that spiritual people are just dumb or intellectually simple/primitive people with made up beliefs, because they don't talk much about topics. If only they knew what they were missing.

I've also started to value intelligence (intellectual IQ sort of intelligence) less and less, and now find value in communities, people and things which are more simple, peaceful, loving and caring. Intelligence to me doesn't mean anything anymore. I find that highly intuitive, loving, wise, simple people are the most charismatic to me now. I value open mindedness, alternative states of consciousness, intuitive much more highly then intelligence, and I don't judge people anymore based on how smart or successful they are, just appreciate people whether they are smart and successful or not. And I don't need to hang around smart or successful people anymore to be happy. Hanging around open minded spiritual people is better then not, but its not a huge deal for me anymore.

I've always naturally been someone who doesn't enjoy talking, this path I believe has just increased it significantly. My parents are ok with it because they know I'm this way. 

Yeah, I am feeling more and more isolated as I self-actualize. I can't relate with most people as I can read them easily and instantly see their level of presence, of peace, at what they pay attention to (usual negative shit or the beauty of life), if they are followers or leaders etc. 

Most people I meet in person look like a fucking zombie to me, it's like they are hypnotized and can't seem to get out of their heads to really notice what's in front of them. They usually vibrate pretty low, have petty concerns, are full of neurosis, rarely look in the eyes etc. 

I can't relate with any family member and 99% of the people I know and meet. I became super introverted because of this and usually speak with very short and vague answers as any more complex explanation usually confuses and trigger people. It's common that they think I am dumb, out of touch with reality and a religious fanatic.

One of my goals right now is to find and partner with some self-actualized people and when I found those people, it's a like breathing fresh air again, best feeling ever.

I think that's just the natural outcome when you do this work. A big part of this is to realize what really matters and how much we tell us that something is important even though we know better. Changing yourself for the truth, being more truthful, is the goal of all this. 

The same happened to me. I don't talk much, I don't explain much anymore. I even lost interested in most people. (This was more because I dropped the imagined "need" to stay in contact with them, stopped believing they are important) But I still enjoy a good conversation with my best friends, but I pick only people as best friends that are open minded and have more interesting thoughts. It just is completely irrelevant to always react or explain everything to people from that you know, won't understand a thing. Also I realized that it is okay that they don't understand. 

You will also see that they can't help you with problems anymore. They don't understand. So talking to people as a form of handling problems becomes impossible. Their problems are things you've probably outgrown. You have been there, nothing new. 

I still love to talk about my interests and passions, my understanding of things. The person I talk to just has to be on a similiar level of developement. 

Another funny thing is, my brother is sometimes kinda "fucked up" by my inner peace. Because I rarely get stressed or something and he's clearly clueless why. 

It's like people are addicted to talking man. I operate a garage where it's me and one other person for the most of the shift, and some people are brill...they just chill and relax. Other people are so charged and feel like they need to have conversations constantly and I feel like passing them a blunt and (in the most hippie American accent) saying "maaaaannnnn, chill out duuuudeee" lol. I've found an interesting phenomenon though, if you become 100% comfortable with being quiet right in front of a person, it automatically makes a lot of people feel the same way. I just summon the inner peace and look blankly at the person while I'm radiating my peace and happiness. It's brill ♥️

Edited by Aaron p

Intelligence is just memorisation wearing a fancy dress. @electroBeam i also value different things. I love innovation, self supporting, original thinking. There is also a way to think that increases your ability to increase your ability to think. (Not a typo). Learning how to learn is vastly important. I once heard a random guy say "school teaches us *what* to think but it doesn't teach us *how* to think." Less free thinking, more memorisation. Do not question the rules. I hate that. 

Me too. I almost never talk unless its necessary.

I dont see nothing wrong with it, but I'm worried if this would create me some disease. A far as Hamer german medicine explanins that cancers and diseases are unsolved phychologica conflicts so strong than affect every cell of the body.

My mother says I'm quiet since my father left home and abandoned us. I dont think so, its my inner nature.

5 hours ago, electroBeam said:

my girlfriend is complaining that I'm not intellectually stimulating enough for her because I don't talk a lot (she is a smart type).

@electroBeam  Sounds like someone needs a certain set of ego death xD

17 hours ago, lain said:

You will also see that they can't help you with problems anymore. They don't understand. So talking to people as a form of handling problems becomes impossible. Their problems are things you've probably outgrown. You have been there, nothing new. 

Wow this is a big one..

I never ask for help cuz I know the prob is not with the thing but in me.

thank you guys for sharing ur stories?