seeking_brilliance

?Vivid and Lucid Dream Journal ?

124 posts in this topic

Last night, I was running a bit late for work and my brother was driving me.  I also didn't have any shoes so we stopped at a dollar general. Well the dollar general just happened to have a hair salon, and Matt Smith (Dr who) just happened to be doing haircuts that day as a special thing.  I peeked around the corner and there he was relaxing in his salon chair, with no clients. He came up and greeted me, and I was like 'you probably don't remember me' and then I tried to name a few places we've met before (in other dreams) 

Anyway he said he was free now and was leaving soon, so I go back out to the car to ask my brother if I have time to get a haircut. Obviously I was going to make time, because, matt smith.  

When I got back in, Matt was in a swimming pool with other men, it was somewhere in the salon.  He then got out and was getting dressed to come and do my haircut. Then all of a sudden I find out that it was not really matt Smith, but someone pretending to be him under a glimmer spell. It was in fact Chuck who put him there to trick me. (chuck is no other than God himself in Supernatural).  Back out in the store now, they are putting on a big play. Chuck is in the front row and I go up to him. In supernatural he's been going around snapping people out of existence. So knowing I couldn't escape him, I said "OK, just so it. ' I close my eyes and he snaps me, but when I open my eyes, nothing has changed. That's when it hits me.. And I call him out on it.. 

' you're so stupid!! Don't you know you can snap me out of existence, but existence is so infinite I just return to an alternate reality that is exactly the same, and in a way you can't really get rid of me??' 

He didn't like that, and I left. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I was with an old friend who I hadn't seen in a while. We were offered a drug and he took some, and then it was time to go and I refused to get in the car with him and he refused to let me drive. We ended up getting heavily distracted and then when it was time to go he seemed back to normal, so I went with him.  Not far down the road an idiot was speeding to pass a freight truck and we ended up in a crash anyway. The truck crashed into and ontop of us, and then everything suddenly paused. I start to wonder if I'm dead, and I notice that the experience never stopped. The dream dissolved and suddenly I was awake in bed. 

Very powerful experience. 

Last night I spontaneously realized I was dreaming. Too lazy to do anything about it, I just decided to continue with the story line already playing out.  I was part of a team, like a ragtag investigation team or some stuff... And we were actually on our way to a meeting where higher ups would vote on whether to disband us or not.  The team was waiting out in a lobby and I came up to the huddle and said 'hey we're dreaming!' 

We were standing in front of a vending machine, so to prove that it was a dream, I made some candy fly up and out of the machine. Then we went and looked in on the meeting and I willed the old men to say 'yes' (to keeping us). 

Lost lucidity shortly after. 

@seeking_brilliance Beautiful journal and music. I like it. It´s interesting how you terrorise your dream characters with the fact that they are just your creation :) No wonder, you get no guides :) 

I had a very vivid about my friend a month or so ago. I need to tell her story at first. She is one of the most intelligent and sensitive people I´ve ever met. But she is prone to all kind of addictions. When I learned her she was addicted to knowledge and made plans for Harvard. Later on she fell in love and became addicted to a boyfriend. And to sex. She tried a cigarette and became a chain-smoker. Alcohol has become a daily routine. The drugs was a matter of time.

Last time I saw her, it was about 12 years ago, she was clean for a year after treatment of psychosis and drug addiction in a hospital. Shortly afterwards she married an Italian and moved to Rome. From our common friends I heard, that she divorced and moved to Mallorca, where she worked as entertainer and was again on drugs. It was the last thing I heard about her some 8 years ago. Once during our conversation she told, that it seemed to her that she took a pleasure in destroying herself and she could do nothing about it.

And here is a dream

I dreamt, she lived now in USA and I was visiting her with my parents. We were on the airplane and then at her place, she wasn´t at home. Her flat was small – just kitchen and the living room, bit it was somehow absolutely perfect. Every single piece of furniture, every subtle tint of color were matching perfectly. Everything was just in its place. Since she wasn´t at home we went for a walk. It was a small cozy town situated around a lake which was a center of everything. The citizens of the town were very relaxed, they walked around the lake or skated on the surface of lake, though it was warm and there was no ice.

After we´ve passed the lake, we discovered, that the town is on the hill. An ocean came into view. Dark blue waters underneath of juicy green slope covered with fir trees.

We returned into the flat and shortly afterwards my friend came. She had wet hairs and a towel around her body:

- Oh, I´m just coming from the beach, 2 bus stops from here.

Normally she would give a hug and ask a lot of question, but this time she was relaxed and detached. She went into the kitchen to prepare a dinner. The door remained open. A little boy came into the corridor and stammered: Irina, Irina  (it´s her name).

- Here is a child for you!

I shouted into the kitchen. She came out and hugged the boy. His mother arrived, all apologetic:

- Sorry, but he escaped again, I haven´t noticed

And off was she with a little boy.

My first thought after awakening “It was a paradise”. Because this place was not just beautiful it was perfect in every single aspect.

@Hulia I'm very glad you dreamed up a paradise for your friend. You still love her ? with any luck, hopefully your astral worlds collided and could have an effect on her subtle energies. (I made that up, but, hey why not?) 

@Keyhole what did I just watch? ?

Since I wasn´t in the hurry today in the morning I took time to stay in the bed and try to recall my dreams. Now I know, why I´m not remembering them. There  is nothing special to remember. In the 1st episode I was trying to integrate 2 new buttons into a program. I tried hard and long and waisted a lot of my dreming energy but of course never succeded, because you cannot integrate hardware into a software. (Yesterday evening I watched Leo´s video about structure and content).

In the next episode my colleague tried to persuade me not to travel through Aserbaidshan. I didn´t quite catch  her reasons. But it has something to do with the narrow mountain roads and climate. 

- Is it too cold? - I asked her

- Oh no!

- Is it too cold in the night and too hot in the daytime?

- Oh no, no!

Then it is too hot all the time, - I decided for myself without asking her. I didn´t want to get into the situation of the 1st episode. 

That´s all! No mystical worlds, no entertaining guides.. 

Edited by Hulia

@Hulia I am in the same boat. My dreams used to be so fantastical. Now they are getting boring and too mundane to bother writing down. I think this phase will pass. But while it's here, all the more reason to lucid dream, because you won't be afraid of missing out on one of those awesome stories you probably miss.  Then, when the good unlucid stories pick up, you can lax off the lucid practices. That's what I've been doing over past few years. Keeps it all fresh, in a way. 

When lucid, you can possibly even find the dream maker and ask for all those wonderful dreams again. The possibilities are infinite. 

Today I hadn´t to recall to recall my dream. It came up effortlessly. It was still boring about the work and the colleagues. But! There were colors in it and some beautiful scenes. Poplar fluffs flying against the window of accounting department. The accountants were as pleased as me with the view. Someone´s voice told me: They are not the accountants, they are the book keepers. Was this nagging an awkward birth of a guide?  :) 

I dreamt, I was in my native city. I was trying to take a bus. But there was a crowd of people and they all were in a hurry. A bus driver too. All of them were so hectic and earnest. I thought: It´s not so important for me to take this bus as it seems for them. I´ll walk! It was a pleasant southern summer evening with a pink sky above me. I´ll walk the main street up to the university as I did a lot of times, when I was young, and try to enjoy the walk as I did back then. So I walked the street. It was empty: no people, no traffic. Simultaneously I took part at the online meeting at work. They were discussing the old time, the knights and such stuff. Suddenly my boss asked me, what was my opinion on Lancerot, was he real?

- I think so, the name sounds familiar to me. But it was so long ago that I learned history. I cannot be quite sure.

I was a little unnerved: why don´t they ask me something that is more relevant for our work, these management-freaks?

I registered once more, that the street was empty and it was getting darker. Suddenly it struck me: Curfew! That´s why they all were in hurry and so earnest. It was crazy of me to think about enjoying the walk at this time at this city! I still had time till 22:00 o´clock, but there were no buses around to take. I walked quicker. What if I meet a soldier, a warrior? They should be everywhere here. They´ll see at my face, how much I hate them and they won´t like me either. You don’t want somebody with a gun not to like you, do you? I was overwhelmed by panic. This panic caused the space to bend. I saw from above, how the parallel streets meet in one point. In the point where I was. I looked around and I saw no city any more. I saw everywhere the heaps of black soil (or coal?) with the ponds in between. It was like a maze. I could only walk on the narrow strings of soil (or coal) between the multiple water ponds. Without any direction.

Later I was standing in front of a wide river, which flows through my other native city. Somebody told me, that the water is retreating, the river is not as wide as it used to be. So what, - I thought, - it is still wider than it used to be, before the water power plant was built.  

Last night I dreamed that Micheal and I went looking for a house to buy. It was actually one we've looked at before in a previous dream, and I always love when I can revisit dream locations. The house was really run down, and the door to the side room was unlocked so we went in. I was like... 'fine, if there's enough rooms to have a painting room, that's all I need to be happy.' 

We went down a hallway and I looked in one of the bedrooms. It was dark in there and still set up like someone was living there. I couldn't tell if someone was in the bed, but it felt creepy and I was ready to leave. As we were leaving, homeless people keep coming up to the house and then running away. Lol 

On 31.12.2020 at 1:32 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

Last night I dreamed that Micheal and I went looking for a house to buy. It was actually one we've looked at before in a previous dream, and I always love when I can revisit dream locations. The house was really run down, and the door to the side room was unlocked so we went in. I was like... 'fine, if there's enough rooms to have a painting room, that's all I need to be happy.' 

We went down a hallway and I looked in one of the bedrooms. It was dark in there and still set up like someone was living there. I couldn't tell if someone was in the bed, but it felt creepy and I was ready to leave. As we were leaving, homeless people keep coming up to the house and then running away. Lol 

This is exactly what I dreamed many times some years ago (if you are inerested know). Me and my husband looking for a house to buy. It was actually one we've looked at before in a previous dream, and I always love when I can revisit dream locations. The house was really run down. It was always rather big house (I wondered every time in my dream, why to buy such a big house) in the middle of nowhere. A big house with a lot of bedrooms. I went from one bedroom to another, till I noticed a creepy presence of ghosts and then I left. 

Sometimes there was also another type of house in my dreams repeatedly. A house that somehow already belonged to my or to somebody who belonged to me. It was a rather small house at the end of the street, the last one. With a round living room. Wooden walls and a window which was overlooking some kind of water: a pond, a lake, a river. 

@Hulia God, I love dreams ? that's a pure heart statement if there ever were one. 

I had been really upset lately because I haven't visited my old favourite dream locations in what feels like a year or so, but I had another favourite location come up a few nights ago, so I'm really happy.  

The other location I visited was behind the house I grew up in. Over the years, this dream narrative developed that my parents had built this apartment complex back there in the woods. There's a landlord apartment in the bottom right, and then a restaurant and entrance to the complex of the left hand side.  Once you get past the restaurant and into the building, it's extremely haunted past that point. But also extremely interesting and filled with wonder. Theres several floors of basements which are like a flea market, and more demonic  haunted , and the floors above are more like apartments and ghostly. 

There's never really a set number of floors, although some dreams have me going to the top of a high rise and it's more like corporate offices up there.  I really love this location and was so glad to return a few days ago. 

@MyiokoI think I had asked you once about dream locations... I have so many places like this

I'm glad you re-visited a favorite dream location of yours!

I hardly dreamed at all last month, I'm not really sure why but I'm appreciating the dreams I now more. I had a particularly long dream last night and I wonder if it was because I was so clear headed falling asleep.

That haunted past point in your dream sounds very interesting, I relate to the scary-but-wonder filled aspect to that.

If you don't mind me asking, when you re visit dream locations, does it look the same physically each time? You described it in a lot of detail. Or is it the spirit/feeling of the place that remains the same, or shifting around that place?

All of my re-visiting dream places shift in looks, but I just realized that my childhood bedroom in dreams usually looks very close to what it was. Like the closet, desk, bed and window don't shift around, (but I'll never know what objects I'll find in the closet).

@Myioko they shift in looks, whether it's subtle or really different. But yes the intense nostalgic feeling keeps it all in tact. 

When I was a child I had 2 alarm clocks because the morning sleep is the sweetest sleep. The main alarm clock had a rocket motor. Not only he made the most strange and penetrating noises, he fiercely jumped throughout my desk and fell at the end continuing noisy shivering on the floor. Then the other one joined. I woke up but stayed for a while in bed. And then very often I began to dream that I get up, put on my clothes, wash my face, go into the kitchen, have my breakfast and then just before leaving for the shool I wake up again. It was so strange every time, because it was so real.

I agree... Morning sleep is the sweetest. I used to love to wake up on school mornings and realise I woke up too early and had 20 minutes left to sleep. 

And your Intuition is correct, riding multiple alarms between 4 and 7 am can lead to a string of lucid dreams,  highly vivid dreams, and false awakenings. They make smartphone apps for that. 

I dream now long dreams with a bunch of events and characters. But I don´t remember. This is just a small piece, that I could snatch from the forgetness.

There was a kind of guide, he gave me a pile of pictures, that I had to show to the peolpe in the elevator dependent on the floor they are getting out. I was simalteneously in the elevator feverishly trying to guess the right button for the right floor to get a nice picture and outside waiting for the elevator to stop and open the doors. The elevator stopped, the door opened, there were 2 men inside. I showed them 2 pictures of the hell. THey began to scream and retch. I found it funny that I could produce such a big show with 2 shabby pictures of moderate quality. 

I dreamed, I was going to marry. There are always a lot of different traditions and rituals connected to wedding. And so the caring guests or relatives have brought me a bathtub. The ritual was to drive in a bathtub through the city on a wedding day.

- OK, I thought,  I shouldn´t do it in the same way as I do in the bathroom, if I put on a swimsuit, why not?

- You really want to do it?? In the cold water? – told me the voice. This should be a guide, because this is what he is doing all the time in my dreams: nagging and making fun of me.

I put my hand into the water, I saw also a duvet in the tub by the way, the water was very warm. But it might get colder till the wedding begins, - I thought and refused. And almost immediately regretted. Because some other woman snapped at the tub from me and was inspired by the perspective to drive through the whole city in it. Haven´t I lost a precious chance?

Meanwhile a fiancé did his ritual. It was to make a whole round on the wheel of a mill. But he stuck with his trousers on the mill blade in the highest point and was hanging there helplessly.