abrakamowse

What Are Your Predilect Self Realization Teachers/gurus?

41 posts in this topic

So far the legit ones I've seen are Rupert Spira, Adyashanti, and Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.  Leo is legit too, but he's not as deep as these guys since he's only a few years in.  Leo is certainly awesome though. 

Fake enlightened shit list:  Sadguru.   This guy is the biggest fraud ever lol, fuck that guy.  Some of the pure bullshit that comes out of his mouth is halarious.  I can't believe people buy into that joke. 

Edited by Heart of Space

Leo is no teacher. He is more an instructor to get you started but he is no teacher. And I say this with all respect for him.

For me one of my favorite teachers is Adyashanti.  There are some lesser known I have but it's too intimate to write about them. They almost  all were disciples of Papaji. In my kitchen I have a picture on a postcard of Papaji, Nisargadatta, Ramana and Adya. Says it all which are "my" predilect teachers.

Edited by Toby

Richard Rose, no bull* legit egokiller

On 15.6.2016 at 4:00 PM, MartineF said:

what about Gangaji ?

Were you not also from Germany? Are you in Heidelberg today or Berlin next week at Gangaji's meetings?

Self taught.. I figured out the answers all by myself through years and years of self inquiry.. Now am at the point to where im sure god is answering some of my questions..  

Once i started any form of meditation which i came up with on my own naturally.. I experienced everything quickly.. Theres no imagining the gold light, i can see it.. I started searching for more info and i have found some useful info from members on this forum.. But ive learned most people on the web dont really know what theyre talking about or will only guide you.. They will not tell you the direct path to say opening your third eye.. Either because they dont truly know, want money, or its a secret.. I can tell you in a couple sentences.. But i won't.. Lol..  So my conclusion is if you really want answers, to truly learn from someone else you must go to them physically.. Because the truth/instruction cant be given in a video or book.

Edited by Atom
Spelling

Stay away from the neo-advita gurus.  Papaji had a habit of churning out satsang gurus who only had a few experiences and labeled it full enlightenment. 

None of these guys are enlightened. 

14 minutes ago, Mal said:

Stay away from the neo-advita gurus.  Papaji had a habit of churning out satsang gurus who only had a few experiences and labeled it full enlightenment. 

None of these guys are enlightened. 

Be specific on what teachers you mean by that and be specific on what teachers you like. Otherwise it's just a negative comment without any contribution.

@Toby

Hi Toby,

Its only a negative comment if you don't see the value in it. But yes you're right, my comment has nothing to do with my favourite teachers.

My comment is for further consideration if anybody wanted to check the credentials of these teachers, and as you seem to be pushing these guys C.V.'s to posters here I thought I'd add some food for thought. 

I don't l Iike or dislike any of them because I don't listen to them. So in that respect I have no opinion. 

Mal

@Mal Where exactly did I recommend a teacher that sat with Papaji other than Isaac in another thread? And also you cannot say "these teachers" because they are certainly not all the same.

@Toby

Toby,

My intent was to drop an informative comment into the discussion in order to provoke some who might want to be more thorough when checking out a teacher. 

That's it. 

Don't make it into something that it isn't.

Mal

you gotta add Paul Hedderman for his California zen bitchslapping :)

Cool guys, thanks for those additions.

;)

I just discovered a guy, which I read just some pages of one of his books and I realized he's an awesome master.

I was mind blown with the power of how he points to reality in his book Open Secret.

Wei Wu Wei is his name. He's a Taoist philosopher from UK (Wei Wu Wei is not his real name)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Wu_Wei

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

26 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Cool guys, thanks for those additions.

;)

I just discovered a guy, which I read just some pages of one of his books and I realized he's an awesome master.

I was mind blown with the power of how he points to reality in his book Open Secret.

Wei Wu Wei is his name. He's a Taoist philosopher from UK (Wei Wu Wei is not his real name)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Wu_Wei

Why are you unhappy?

Because 99.9 per cent

Of everything you think,

And of everything you do,

Is for yourself --

And there isn't one.

-Wei Wu Wei

Cool @Khin that's great. You must be learning a lot from him.
:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

On 6/19/2016 at 6:24 AM, abrakamowse said:

Cool @Khin that's great. You must be learning a lot from him.

I know someone that has lived in east Asia for many many years. And he said that the vast majority of monks are not enlightened at all. Just a small minority of them are. Maybe you should question your beliefs more.

@cetus56  That's cool!! I didn't know that.