Bryanbrax

What spiral dynamics stage am i

9 posts in this topic

Based on my posts on this forum what do you guys think is my stage.

Am asking because im not really sure i can just rely on my perspective.

The type of post you make reflect who you are as a person.

:D

Study the model and do your own assessments. No one can do this work for you but you.

also your posts are so neutral any stage could have written them

Alternative perspective: Consider burning the whole model. Why do you want to know which "stage" you are on?

If you were blue or below, or even straight-up orange, it seems unlikely that you'd be taking Actualized.org as seriously as you appear to be taking it. If you were turquoise or straight-up yellow, it seems unlikely that you'd be asking the question.

As an estimate, I'd therefore go for green, probably with elements of orange as western culture leans so far that way, possibly some yellow.

I think that what a person does for their occupation and their interests outside of work are a strong indicator of what stage they're at, regardless of what they self-report. People are complicated "things" though and you may have aspects or qualities that a simple analysis would overlook.

Please take my response with a pinch of salt. There's plenty of truth in what the other replies are saying about working it out for yourself.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

@Dan502

That's a mistake in your thinking.

You can be mental masturbator, watching Leo's videos and writing forum posts all day and still be beta - blue pilled, dogmatic about women and money man living in momma's basement guy (aka stage blue).

I know - because I was that guy and just reading a lot / watching self-development Youtube videos / posting forum posts doesn't make you green - that's just your ego telling you that. 

@Bryanbrax

If you want to determine what stage you are REALLY at (not just in your mind, because f.e you developed spiritual ego and therefore money is bad), answer yourself these questions : 

- Do I have financial freedom, that gives me freedom to live a life that is aligned to my purpose? Or am I still living in wage slavery?

- Do I have a girlfriend, that matches my looks and personality standards or I'm single, saying to myself, that I'm above that and I don't need sex or a girl to feel better about myself?

- Do I have the looks that I want, that make me feel really confident guy.

- Am I a guy, that people admire and look up to, as a leader and someone to rely on? 

These are things, that you can label as shallow or something you are above - but trust me - these are things that you need, doesn't matter what your life purpose is going to be.

If you don't have them - you are not green yet, you are there just mentally, that's your ego saying you that. 

You can't just skip spiral dynamics stages, life doesn't work like that. 

You certainly don't express your values a lot, but based on what I saw: Green

The post quoted above is basically Green in a nutshell.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@28 cm unbuffed  Just achieving things - for examples financial freedom - A. Doesnt necessarily makes you above orange and B. Doesn't prevent you from being above orange if you have not achived it yet.

It is more about your thinking development and not about if you have done every stage "mission" (there is some overlap but not necessarily at all).

Combining orange with money or yellow with non-neediness of other people is way to simplified.

SD is a stractural model (and not content based). the content we see is second order and just a side effect, that sometimes matches more to the classical associations we have about those colors and sometimes not.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

I cringe i little when others should assess where a person is in the spiral. But the idea of wanting feedback is noble. Although, that feedback is better off coming from someone who knows you in person. 

You could probably get tested to find out. I don't know about any spiral dynamics tests and I don't think that knowing for sure carry much value. In either case you could redirect the drive to know into reading up on the spiral and the healthy/unhealthy traits of each stage and assess yourself for the simple reason to address all the unhealthy stuff you find on that stage AND below - as you are likely to self-assess yourself above where you actually are - as well as revisiting the healty traits of each stage - and of course - pursue the emerging qualities of the stage you are in to ensure continuous growth. 

If you want to pay some money, the only thing I know of is the Harthill Sentence Completion test that tells you your LDP (Leadership Development Profile) based on your reasoning/sense making that you apply to the questions you need to answer. The leadership profiles reflect the stages of the spiral dynamics model, not 100% match in different stages but in how your mindset/cognition is working for you is the same. 

Unfortunately not "cheap" but everything is relative. 

https://harthill.co.uk/the-LDF-profile/getting-own-ldp/

Questions that you probably should ask yourself is why is it important to know - exactly why do you "need" to know? What difference does it make once you do know? What can you do when you know that you can't do already, today, right now? 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today.