Elton

Last Resort

21 posts in this topic

My dear actualizers, I just keep falling back again and again to tabbaco addictions,I am aware of how homeostasis works,I am mindfull about the triggers that causes me to go back to it,I practice self acceptance its hard to love this part of me most of the time, but still I try to accept it as much as I can. It should happen this way because it has happened, I want a support system, please help me, give me some love and compassion,I'm not afraid to reach out I feel lonely sometimes I feel empty, I know its the root cause but I want to take full responsibility and I want a support system,I want some true friends, I want some connection, I know I'm asking for too much

in this orange world all I want is some green.

Edited by Elton
Missed out ALL I want

1 hour ago, Elton said:

I just keep falling back again and again to tobacco addictions

Hi @Elton.  Thank you for sharing.  Nicotine addiction is one of the most challenging addictions to overcome.  You might find this video of Leo's helpful. 

http://www.actualized.org/articles/overcoming-addiction

1 hour ago, Elton said:

I want a support system, please help me, give me some love and compassion,I'm not afraid to reach out I feel lonely sometimes I feel empty, I know its the root cause but I want to take full responsibility and I want a support system,I want some true friends, I want some connection, I know I'm asking for too much

This might be something of interest related to this thought... 

@Elton hey, keep going with acknowledging your feelings, it's a massive help in and of itself 

we are all life and by that nature we're all connected, and life expresses itself in a whole manner of ways so anytime you feel lacking in something and you turn to tobacco just observe as you already do and don't see it as a step back, it's a step forward, all actions you take are going forward, and when you love yourself as you take that step and any other kind step, you are turning it into growth, you rise with it not against it, you are complete and whole

And then all that causes you discomfort just naturally sheds away without any resistant strain

:) 

@Elton Thank you for sharing. Try this next time you get a craving. Close your eyes, sit with it, and observe it objectively. Just keep in mind that you will not die, and that the sensations of craving will pass. 

Start implementing meditation of 20min everyday into your life. This is a big one as you will start to take your attention inwards. Set a timer and start. 

@Elton

Hi Elton,

I've heard tobacco and little "green" well together?

Anyway, moving on...:$

I myself used to smoke - both types of posion.  I tried a lot of different ways to quit the habit but nothing worked until I was ready.  I had to be at the end of my tollerance with the drugs, completely over them, how they made me feel and what I knew they were doing to my body.  

Only then could I really go through with quitting.  But this time something in me had changed: my attitude.  My new attitude was that I wasn't really quitting anything, I was gaining!  Gaining my health and life back!

I took a month off work and went cold turkey. It was hard, very hard, but I managed it.  The thought that got me through it was this:

I would rather feel the deprivation of not having a cigarette any day over the feeling of knowing deep down that I was slowly killing myself for the sake of relieving a fictitious and temporary craving.

Have a think about that and when you are ready to give up you will find the strength inside you.  

Wishing you the best

Mal

@Elton We have quite similar thoughts. You are not alone ^_^

I also see you a good many times here in the forum. You are literally a noticeable part of the forum for me. So wouldn't be the same here without you. :)

On 6/9/2016 at 0:07 PM, Elton said:

My dear actualizers, I just keep falling back again and again to tabbaco addictions,I am aware of how homeostasis works,I am mindfull about the triggers that causes me to go back to it,I practice self acceptance its hard to love this part of me most of the time, but still I try to accept it as much as I can. It should happen this way because it has happened, I want a support system, please help me, give me some love and compassion,I'm not afraid to reach out I feel lonely sometimes I feel empty, I know its the root cause but I want to take full responsibility and I want a support system,I want some true friends, I want some connection, I know I'm asking for too much

in this orange world all I want is some green.

stop worrying about the tobacco, its just a habit, and addiction, you have many such addictions and you dont realize it.  if you want it, if you need it do it until you no longer desire it, stop fighting with yourself.  dont quit for others it will end in failure, dont quit because its bad for you , it will mean nothing.   you need to explore your own being on a deeper level  and when you do that things will change on their own, it wont be a struggle, addictions and habits will begin to flow away from you.  you will not feel empty, you wont need love, you wont need a support system, and you wont feel lonely.  take the time to get to know the real you inside of that body, it is limitless, boundless, all powerful, all knowing, and it is love when fully realized.  take your eyes off your body and your addictions and put them on the life source that is possessing your body and giving it life, and everything will change.  liberation from these things is not on the outside it comes from within,  trying to deal with the symptoms of anything is no cure, it only delays things and often the problem gets bigger because it isnt being addressed in the right place.

@Elton I want the same thing

Remember that everything that is meant to be, for it is <3

I too have my addictions, such as alcohol and gaming, you are not alone I am here

Look up Mirror by Justin Timberlake

It makes me cry and maybe you just need to cry 

I hope you the best and if you wish to further talk to me, I am here

27 minutes ago, Elton said:

@Kelley White @Natasha @Saarah @JustinS @Mal @Anna @charlie2dogs @DizIzMikey thank you soo much guys for I feel so good as I read all your comments  :-) 

Sometimes it's difficult to find the strength from within, but remember we are just plasters (sorry if that insults any of you guys :D you plasters) 

For now just go party with all your newfound goodness! Mission accomplished 

@Elton Hi Elton, I'm sure you now at least know , you're not alone :) ..

So, relating to your tabacco addiction: I know this situation, I stopped so many times, I don't really remember how many.. and it does't bother me. I mean the point is, you've also had the power stopped over and over again, right? And one day you will have stop completely, it's certain if you want it.

The last time I stopped, I helped myself with nicotine shewing gum, in Europe, you can get them in a pharmacy. It helps your physical body to stay calm, you just have to put one in your mouth each time you feel nervous and you get the same feeling as if you just have smoked one. And after a while you don't need them anymore either, almost effortless o.O

How ever, maybe you find another method to stop, just take any assistance you can get,

Just remember: you don't have to make it too hard to yourself because any way to (definitely) stop is a good way

@Elton

Its so hard I’m around this kind of addictive substances all the time cravings just won’t go away I have an addiction I just have to give in to the cravings

Shut up who the hell are you to whine to me shut up already stop boring me with your story don’t give me your little stories like how your around these kind of substances all the time do you think you’re the only one buddy everyone I know and everyone that’s around me and everyone that’s related to me does all this all day these crappy things are everywhere I look I’m no different from you except I don’t give in.

DO I have super human powers? No

Do I not give in because my muscles and arms are bigger than yours? No

Do I not give in because I can bench press more than you? No

Do I not give in because my body fat is lower than yours? No

Do I not give in because I’m physically better and stronger than you? No

I do not give in because I’m mentally stronger than you? That’s all there really is it’s only mental and for me to give in and for you to not give in only we can assume that I’m mentally stronger than you.

How does that make you feel? I don’t know a dam thing about you but I know that mentally I can do something that you can’t do. It sure makes me feel good though. In fact it only motivates me more so thanks for being so mentally week cause it only will make me work harder during my next work out.

Next time your little food craving tends to come out think about this look at that substance and think what do I want more 5 sec and pleasure of enjoyment that I’m going to get on taking this in or the enjoyment of the fact that 24 hours every day 7 days every week I will have the body I want to have that’s what it really comes down to; let me tell you no thing is as good as that feeling feels; your reward to sticking to your commitment are all the results you will get so stop giving in to your cravings and your cravings will go away its really simple as that; now I know what you’re probably thinking… you’re thinking right now who am I ? Who am I to be telling you this? like I never cheat or I never give in or I do not have any cravings…… no I don’t; not at all , not a little, not in moderation , not in anything; the thought of doing anything like that doesn’t even enter my mind . I don’t need those 5 sec I’m stronger than that , call it will power , call it mental strength my goal is my result getting the result doesn’t have the 5 sec of chewing pleasure on it, I live for purpose not for pleasure. I give my body only what it needs to let these results happen.

Does my body need 5 sec of tobacco to get the results? No

Does my mind need it? No

My mind is way too strong to need it and that feels much better than any cigarette whatever taste I love knowing that so it’s exactly as hard it is for you as it is for everybody else you’re not a special little flower

The amount of will power it takes for you to succeed it’s the exact same it takes for everybody else.

What’s the difference ? I have what it mentally takes and you don’t

1 hour ago, Elton said:

it’s exactly as hard it is for you as it is for everybody else you’re not a special little flower

wrong !!

it differs from one person to another (physical reasons, like inclination to addictions) furthermore from one life situation to another and sometimes even from one moment to another.

Trust your innerself and stop listening to this kind of super ego who changes your life in hell.

Some of even teachers have/had habits like that going. It's a myth that acceptance or "enlightenment" would change certain things. They might but there are no guarantees.

@MartineF hey thanks for the concern I've been following that awareness alone is curative, didn't hold my self back from sunday ohh man I'm so aware of tabbaco going in my body have been smoking 10 smks per day its really tough to be aware the whole time while smoking but my head hurts every night, my body pains in the morning, today I wonder where sooooo much of negative thoughts on my job and my family came from I doubt it came from nicotine though.. But man I'm hurting really bad today even yesterday I was hurting but even after I was hurting like one eye was just closing yesterday because of the nicotine why am I continuing to hurt my self and why I put the cigarette in my mouth today.. Fear of emptiness?  I don't know... But I don't think I'm going to smoke tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Elton said:

@MartineF hey thanks for the concern I've been following that awareness alone is curative, didn't hold my self back from sunday ohh man I'm so aware of tabbaco going in my body have been smoking 10 smks per day its really tough to be aware the whole time while smoking but my head hurts every night, my body pains in the morning, today I wonder where sooooo much of negative thoughts on my job and my family came from I doubt it came from nicotine though.. But man I'm hurting really bad today even yesterday I was hurting but even after I was hurting like one eye was just closing yesterday because of the nicotine why am I continuing to hurt my self and why I put the cigarette in my mouth today.. Fear of emptiness?  I don't know... But I don't think I'm going to smoke tomorrow.

Elton, I like this.  It sounds as if you have had enough :) All it takes now is a final choice and awareness of the trigger that pulls you back into it.  Once you become aware of and embrace that trigger then the only thing stopping you is having another cigarette.  In 4 weeks you will be free.

The thing about the cigarette is that it creates the emptiness in conjunction with your mind as a way of keeping you hooked.