charles1

Was Plotinus ( Roman Philosopher ) Enlightened ?

25 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because the religion of science has take over the entire domain of truth-seeking and defined itself as anti-mystical.

What a shame ! When you know how first empirical christians ( Ockhamists  ) and first Renaissance scientist ( like Da Vinci )  were so critical of faith, nor for faith sake but because they saw it as an obstacle to True Knowledge ( since you could think outside the box ) . They fall back in the same trap ! 

Who's fault is it ? Is this the result of a particularly stubborn hyper-rational philosopher ( like Descartes ) ? Or is it more because of the human nature, that needs faith in something ?

The question is : Is Open-mindedness enough to escape it ? 

How to be sure we're not in the same position ? 

21 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Nahm @Leo Gura @VeganAwake @Jkhv1 @Haumea2018 I’m interested to hear your guys thoughts on the statement “Non-Duality isn’t enlightenment” 

as well as the many many other quotes this guy has said, I genuinely am intrigued to hear others opinions, as I might be being biased :) 

(And anyone else, I genuinely can’t remember many usernames to tag, preferably those with awakening experiences/ awakenings) 

He definitely says some interesting things, I generally don't rule out anything anyone says because it usually comes back to bite me in the butt..

I find a kernel of Truth in every statement if understood from a certain angle.

Non-duality is simply what IS.

When the illusion of the self completely dissolves it's recognized we Are The Source itself and separate from nothing. 

Here is my opinion of what Awakening is:

Completely seeing through the illusion of the self.

Recognizing we are the absolute experiencing ourselves.

Now in my opinion realization is not liberation. Here's my opinion of what enlightenment is:

Completely recognizing the mechanism that creates suffering. At this point the ignorance is dispelled; the tricks of the Mind are completely seen through. Unconditional love is embodied because the mechanism of suffering and feelings of separation is understood. Like Jesus said: "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do".

Things are not taken personal anymore because the cause of suffering is completely understood.

It's a complete embodying and clearing up of what's recognized during the big Awakening. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

13 hours ago, Haumea2018 said:

Full enlightenment is a paradoxical state,.....Until you experience the state, it means little.

So of course, non-duality is a relative label, i.e. compared to the empirical ego, "body-bounded-me vs. the rest of creation" mundane duality, it is an experience of non-duality.  All labels are dualistic by nature, since you can append a minus/not symbol to any label.

Max Planck once said, “Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

The paradigms of science are attached to empirical evidence,...which René Descartes was on the threshold of debunking when he said, “All that I have tried to understand to the present time has been affected by my senses; now I know these senses are deceivers, and it is prudent to be distrustful after one has been deceived once.”  

To observe a thing solely by way of the senses is to perceive an object-ive, crystallized, segregated reality that undermines all solutions. This is why physicists have yet to define light. Their ability to know has been impaired through belief systems, such as the concept of empirical knowledge. Empiricism is derived from an ego-governed intellect, which filters observation and impedes direct experience. Experience born of belief, can only be experienced through the condition that belief. Yet science is motivated to believe what they do through empirical data.

"It is impossible for the senses to penetrate any EFFECT to ascertain its CAUSE for the cause of illusion is not within effect. For this reason the entire mass of so-called empirical knowledge which science has gained by reasoning through the senses is invalid."  Walter Russell

"The senses do not grasp reality in any way"

HAUMEA writes "Until you experience the state, it means little."

A Sentient Being cannot grasp reality in any way.  The 6 senses can ONLY perceive the PAST.  No one can see, taste, touch, smell, hear, or think in the Present.

There is no Present in Time.  

When you arrive at the Fulcrum or Tao, which is Undivided Light, in the East called the Clear Light of Vajra,...similar to having arrived at the so-called Speed of Light,...all energy, mass, time ceases.   The Dream is a projection of the One Lever, and is not, as Ego wants, part of the Absolute.  When the Dream ceases its motion, the One Lever also ceases.   However,...only Spiritual Beings (a Conscious Awareness accessible to all) can realized that.

"Relative and absolute, These the two truths are declared to be. The absolute is not within the reach of intellect, For the intellect is grounded in the relative." -Shantideva

The "relative" is a perception of the senses.

"As man unfolds from sensed man to spiritual man he gradually becomes aware of the two-way motion of all effect" - Walter Russell.

3non meditation 3758.jpg

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta

@V-8 I would like you to answer from your direct experience instead of quotes, your current direct experience of reality:)

and whether you are happy? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

A Sentient Being cannot grasp reality in any way.  The 6 senses can ONLY perceive the PAST.  No one can see, taste, touch, smell, hear, or think in the Present.

@V-8, I'm afraid such a categorical statement is self-refuting, since if a sentient being cannot grasp reality in any way, he cannot draw conclusions such as "A Sentient Being cannot grasp reality in any way."

Edited by Haumea2018