Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nak Khid

Proper Non-Dualist speech

47 posts in this topic

1.  "we", "us", "our", "ourselves"  
are the only  acceptable pronouns

2. The dualist  terms "I", "self" , "you",  "me" , "his" , "her", "she", "he"  and personal names cannot be used

______________________________________________________________________________________

So look at any paragraph. If we see one of the dualist words replace it with one of the acceptable Non-dualist pronouns
and we will have moved closer toward truth

Edited by Nak Khid

From this moment on or should we go back over our content and remedy retrospectively? So just by rearranging some pronouns we move closer to the Truth. What Truth? Your Truth? Leo's Truth? :)

I understand what you are doing here but can you tell me why you want to change all the pronouns? In your own words please... It kind of makes it really hard to communicate... 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

33 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I understand what you are doing here but can you tell me why you want to change all the pronouns? In your own words please... It kind of makes it really hard to communicate... 

We are using the separation words here using the delusional pronouns.   It only seems hard because we're not used to it
A simple answer to our question,  those pronouns indicate separation

39 minutes ago, Bill W said:

From this moment on or should we go back over our content and remedy retrospectively? So just by rearranging some pronouns we move closer to the Truth. What Truth? Your Truth? Leo's Truth? :)

Thankfully, correct speech here (except for the second to last word) , retroactive changes at our discretion

Re-articulated version more melodious

Are we talking about doing this from this moment on or also making retroactive changes and will this lead us closer to the truth?

Yes if we have the time but from this moment on just as well. This will lead us closer to the truth

Edited by Nak Khid

sounds like you are trying to force a non-dualist state of mind. A true non-dualist uses common pronouns, and just "knows" the meanings behind them.  We talk and communicate in stories, and for there to be a rich story which is easy to understand and follow, you can't be so strict on the pronouns.  

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

25 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

sounds like you are trying to force a non-dualist state of mind. A true non-dualist uses common pronouns, and just "knows" the meanings behind them.  We talk and communicate in stories, and for there to be a rich story which is easy to understand and follow, you can't be so strict on the pronouns.  

That might give us comfort  but it's due to growing up on dualism. Tt is hard to let go of the bad habit of false speech and instead update the language to ingrate with the truth
Give it a try instead of clinging to old fashioned traditional ways

Edited by Nak Khid

Just now, seeking_brilliance said:

ok so tell me what you did today and how you are feeling using only those pronouns. 

We still get caught in these meaningless questions.  We should be asking "what did we do today?"

1 minute ago, seeking_brilliance said:

And why can't we ask, "what did I do today?" in the context of what was experienced through @Nak Khid perspective? Whew that's a mouthful 

We can't because Nonduality is recognition that we are all one and separate entities "you" and "I" are delusions

It’s so interesting to observe an intellectual approach vs direct experience. During and soon after my first psychedelic trip, there was no “me” or “you”. Not in an intellectual way, in a direct experience way. I was left dumbfounded. I remember trying to write a trip report and using terms like “me” and “I” seemed misleading, it didn’t feel right. I remember trying to interact with others on the forum and was confused why those that seemed to know nonduality through direct experience were using personal pronouns. It was one of my initial questions to Leo. 

To approach nondual pronoun usage from an intellectual mindset is so strange to me. I’m not saying it’s bad or wrong, it’s just weird to me because the direct experience realization is so beyond intellect.

4 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

1.  "we", "us", "our", "ourselves"  
are the only  acceptable pronouns

2. The dualist  terms "I"  , "you",  "me" , "his" , "her", "she", "he"  and personal names cannot be used

______________________________________________________________________________________

So look at any paragraph. If we see one of the dualist words replace it with one of the acceptable Non-dualist pronouns
and we will have moved closer toward truth

LOL.  This isn't going to move you closer to Truth I'm afraid.  

You'll need to transcend all language for that.  Language really breaks down when trying to accurately capture Truth.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

LOL.  This isn't going to move you closer to Truth I'm afraid.  

You'll need to transcend all language for that.  Language really breaks down when trying to accurately capture Truth.  

There we go again with the separation

Stuck in our old unenlightened ways we take language for granted and let it hypnotize us into believing in "you"

5 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

There we go again with the separation

Stuck in our old unenlightened ways we take language for granted and let it hypnotize us into believing in "you"

**repeat**

Language really breaks down when trying to accurately capture Truth.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Nak Khid Go for the direct experience. These types of intellectual constructs will always fall short.

As long as we are living and breathing we are experiencing

59 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

was confused why those that seemed to know nonduality through direct experience were using personal pronouns. It was one of my initial questions to Leo. 

To approach nondual pronoun usage from an intellectual mindset is so strange to me. I’m not saying it’s bad or wrong, it’s just weird to me because the direct experience realization is so beyond intellect.

We were handed a formula

But didn't understand it so we could apply to the most fundamental of what we are doing here now, writing these things.  The fundamental thing being mindful of the words we use

5 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

The best stories have interesting, loveable characters. 

that's why they're stories