Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
actualizing25

Awakening through the path of Yoga

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I wanted to ask, whether it is possible to achieve full enlightement just with the practice of Yoga(Kriya, Kundalini). So without any contemplation, meditation, self-inquiry etc. whatsoever.

thanks guys

I hope I will get an answer from Leo :)

I would say no. Kundalini, all that supernatural good stuff, been there. 

Was I awoke at that time? No. 

It was intense meditation and self-inquiry combined by the gift of weed. 

You can have your head spinned around by God and be unawake as fuck. 

@actualizing25 Of course, but in the end it depends on you, how you organize your practice, how you learn from mistakes, how honest you are with yourself and most importantly your desire for truth. Just doing Yoga for x amount of years doesn't really mean anything if you think it will magically make you enlightened one day. You have to be consciously brave and keep withdrawing from external desires over and over again. A practice like yoga can help create a space in you, where you can rest and withdraw from the seduction of the external world, but will you? Do you really want to?

@Highest But different things work for different people. And isn't the purpose of Yoga to achieve enlightenment and union with god? So these practices have to be made in a way that if you do them long enough and consistent enough that one day you can actually experience union and enlightenment.

@Esoteric So if I just do the practices, it will bring me nowhere? But isn't it the purpose of Yoga or meditation to actually do the spirtual practices so that if you do them long enough, it will bring you some results.

It should be possible. Yoga and self-inquiry should merge into one once you get deep enough into either.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura So would it be "sufficient" if I put my entire focus on Yoga to achieve enlightenment? Because out of all the practices I resonate the best with Yoga. Mainly Kriya and Kundalini

3 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

@Leo Gura So would it be "sufficient" if I put my entire focus on Yoga to achieve enlightenment? Because out of all the practices I resonate the best with Yoga. Mainly Kriya and Kundalini

Do it and tell us later. You can't know everything beforehand. This is very different from physics, math, chemistry etc.

unborn Truth

2 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

@Esoteric So if I just do the practices, it will bring me nowhere? But isn't it the purpose of Yoga or meditation to actually do the spirtual practices so that if you do them long enough, it will bring you some results.

@actualizing25 Yes, what I am saying is do the practices with commitment and dedication. There are people who meditate for decades with very slow progress, don't be one of them. Just because you sit on the cushion for years doesn't automatically give you amazing results, you also have to do the actual work.

1 hour ago, actualizing25 said:

You want some authority figure to give you a guarantee. Well, awakening doesn't work like that.

@Leo Gura I know that there isnt any guarantee to get enlightened, but I just wanted to know if I could use just Yoga to experience mystical states and try to work my way up to awakening . Thank you for your answers Leo .@Leo Gura

Edited by actualizing25

3 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

Most of the people end up doing self-inquiry too just a result of any of other practices lol. (I did at least, and I was never interested in doing self-inquiry)

You'll also trascend self-inquiry at one point it will become useless after it was useful to get you to the next stage

@actualizing25 Whether something works for you depends on how seriously you go about it. The magic is less in the technique and more in your dedication to it. You are the bottleneck.

On 21/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, actualizing25 said:

@Highest But different things work for different people. And isn't the purpose of Yoga to achieve enlightenment and union with god? So these practices have to be made in a way that if you do them long enough and consistent enough that one day you can actually experience union and enlightenment.

Indeed, different things work for different people. I wasn't talking about Yoga, was talking about supernatural spiritual stuff like Kundalini, OBE, Astral projection, having your head spinned around by God, seeing everything as One energy to the point of not being able to see the difference between it and everything else.

From my direct experience, you can be unawake and simultaneously experience all of this and much more. 

Reality is a Miracle. Magical. 

If you are just looking to do poses and master the physical aspects of yoga it wont do much.  However if your goals are sincere and you practice the true nature of yoga then it would eventually bring you to the path of enlightenment.  

Most people into yoga just want to focus on the physical parts of it and some superficial inner peace or clarity.    
This goes for most people in any type of practice.  Wanting any deep type of enlightenment requires so much from an individual that most do not really want to go there.  The fact of the matter is enlightenment isn't as hard to experience than most people think, its all a matter of DESIRE. Being willing to lose everything for truth takes balls of steel metaphorically speaking.  @actualizing25