Rasheed

Fitness Question: Muscle; 6 Pack;

14 posts in this topic

• What is the best way to build muscle and also, get the six pack, simultaenously? How to do it?

☆ While beginning at 'Skinny Fat' ~  Skinny person with high percentage body fat level? 

☆ Is this bad, because skinny dude will get even skinnier? Is there a way to get a muscle mass, and 6 pack simultaneously?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Its a long journey of packing on a lot of muscle mass and strength and staying lean. Takes years for most to get a quality one. You don't necessarily have to "bulk and cut" to get one, even though that is the most mainstream "bodybuilding" way. You have to consistently add strength and dense muscle (full body strength/power movements and bodyweight control) with exceptional diet and lifestyle factors and over time you will develop that physique. I'm talking having a 6 pack while strong and conditioned, not a skinny guy who doesn't workout and his abs are visible. 

Skinnyfat is the worst physique in terms of lacking strength and general robustness. But since this is the case a skinnyfat person will see a lot of progress immediately, putting on muscle and burning fat (body recomposition) but then things will start to even out and you run into the law of diminishing returns, the more well trained you are the harder it is to get visible positive changes. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

14 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Its a long journey of packing on a lot of muscle mass and strength and staying lean. Takes years for most to get a quality one. You don't necessarily have to "bulk and cut" to get one, even though that is the most mainstream "bodybuilding" way. You have to consistently add strength and dense muscle (full body strength/power movements and bodyweight control) with exceptional diet and lifestyle factors and over time you will develop that physique. I'm talking having a 6 pack while strong and conditioned, not a skinny guy who doesn't workout and his abs are visible. 

Skinnyfat is the worst physique in terms of lacking strength and general robustness. But since this is the case a skinnyfat person will see a lot of progress immediately, putting on muscle and burning fat (body recomposition) but then things will start to even out and you run into the law of diminishing returns, the more well trained you are the harder it is to get visible positive changes. 

Thanks.

I think that law works on everything. Better someone is at something, of course it is hard to get better.

• How to get out of being a skinny fat? 
  • What’s the best way to build muscle and burn fat, at the same time?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

5 hours ago, Rasheed said:

• How to get out of being a skinny fat? 
  • What’s the best way to build muscle and burn fat, at the same time?

6 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

You have to consistently add strength and dense muscle (full body strength/power movements and bodyweight control) with exceptional diet and lifestyle factors and over time

7 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

It has been demonstrated that you dont need strenght training in order to build muscle.

hypertrophy can be triggered by:

-Typical strenght low reps multiarticular workout.

-Low weights high time under tension training.

Mechanical tension breaks fibers in strenght training, but its no necessary, accumulative stress to the muscle cell (low weight high reps) also is damage and has the same metabolic effect.

12 hours ago, Moreira said:

It has been demonstrated that you dont need strenght training in order to build muscle.

hypertrophy can be triggered by:

-Typical strenght low reps multiarticular workout.

-Low weights high time under tension training.

Mechanical tension breaks fibers in strenght training, but its no necessary, accumulative stress to the muscle cell (low weight high reps) also is damage and has the same metabolic effect.

Low weight high reps is still on the spectrum of strength training, its still adding strength, lol.

And no, it doesn't have the same metabolic effect. You don't have to lift heavy weights (relative to your own strength/body mass) to get an attractive physique but it is undeniably a different stimulus for you nervous system. A complete training protocol uses low and high rep schemes as well as other conditioning exercises/isometrics/mobility work, ect. 

There is no reason not to lift heavy unless you personally don't want to or you aren't able to hold proper form/technique under load which leads to injury, as well as not being mobile enough to load the big lifts safely. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

9 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Low weight high reps is still on the spectrum of strength training, its still adding strength, lol.

And no, it doesn't have the same metabolic effect. You don't have to lift heavy weights (relative to your own strength/body mass) to get an attractive physique but it is undeniably a different stimulus for you nervous system. A complete training protocol uses low and high rep schemes as well as other conditioning exercises/isometrics/mobility work, ect. 

There is no reason not to lift heavy unless you personally don't want to or you aren't able to hold proper form/technique under load which leads to injury, as well as not being mobile enough to load the big lifts safely. 

My reason to no lift heavy, is that strenght training produces high damage also in cartilage and joint areas. As far as they arent very vascularized zones the recovery i poor and this will lead to chronic pain which I find unnecessary.  Im turning 37 and the body doesnt recover when I was 18.

12 hours ago, Moreira said:

My reason to no lift heavy, is that strenght training produces high damage also in cartilage and joint areas. As far as they arent very vascularized zones the recovery i poor and this will lead to chronic pain which I find unnecessary.  Im turning 37 and the body doesnt recover when I was 18.

Well, let me relay to you this perspective 

-Just like muscles need mechanical breakdown to recover and grow stronger, same with joints, tendons, ect. When they are stressed in a safe way they also grow back stronger and more resilient. 

I have dealt with chronic pain from lifting heavy in the past, but it was because of my own ignorance of

-not listening to my body, improper load/frequency (going too heavy or too much volume)

-being uneducated on proper from/technique

-not having the joint mobility or muscle flexibility to get into quality positions (this one is huge) Especially when it comes to barbell movements. Lacking rotation in the shoulder or hip joints, having a hunched over T-Spine where your scapula is unorganized to support a stable shoulder, not breathing/bracing properly, ect. all lead to serious problems. 

My best advice to seek out and address these issues, I can recommend books to you if you like. Do whatever movements you can do safely. You don't need to lift heavy, but you don't have to be afraid of ever going heavy again, often times progressively trying to get back to lifting heavier (in a gradual way) can fix the pain, the body is super resilient. 

6 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Well, let me relay to you this perspective 

-Just like muscles need mechanical breakdown to recover and grow stronger, same with joints, tendons, ect. When they are stressed in a safe way they also grow back stronger and more resilient. 

I have dealt with chronic pain from lifting heavy in the past, but it was because of my own ignorance of

-not listening to my body, improper load/frequency (going too heavy or too much volume)

-being uneducated on proper from/technique

-not having the joint mobility or muscle flexibility to get into quality positions (this one is huge) Especially when it comes to barbell movements. Lacking rotation in the shoulder or hip joints, having a hunched over T-Spine where your scapula is unorganized to support a stable shoulder, not breathing/bracing properly, ect. all lead to serious problems. 

My best advice to seek out and address these issues, I can recommend books to you if you like. Do whatever movements you can do safely. You don't need to lift heavy, but you don't have to be afraid of ever going heavy again, often times progressively trying to get back to lifting heavier (in a gradual way) can fix the pain, the body is super resilient. 

Can you recommend books on training, weightlifting?

@Rasheed Hey man let me help you out no books needed at the moment. 

Get yourself a jumping rope. Everyday go outside take an hour of time and do

2min jumping rope (really at first try to get into a rythm and jump efficiently)

10 pushups 

2min jumping rope

10pushups

10squads

10 scissorcrunches .

10 lunges etc.

repeat until your heavy breathing.

Something like that. Very straight forward but hard.

At first, you start with bodyweight. Why? Because you need to bild structure, stability and a fundament first.
The most common mistake of fitness newbies is that they start from 0 to a 100, and real quick injury happens. 
Youll get the best results with maybe more little but consistent excercise. As long as you are sweating, it is aerobic exercise. 

Do that for a month before anything else. 

THEN AFTER EVERY WORKOUT MAX 1hr later you eat Carbohydrates and Protein and fat!!

* Rice with Chicken and oil sauce

* Beans with meat 

whatever it is, something like that. 
You also need to eat raw stuff (e.g. raw carrots ) to get your enzymes. Enzymes arent there in cooked stuff. 

Thats more than enough information for the go, with that you can execute for months and go crazy. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

13 hours ago, UDT said:

@Rasheed Hey man let me help you out no books needed at the moment. 

Get yourself a jumping rope. Everyday go outside take an hour of time and do

2min jumping rope (really at first try to get into a rythm and jump efficiently)

10 pushups 

2min jumping rope

10pushups

10squads

10 scissorcrunches .

10 lunges etc.

repeat until your heavy breathing.

Something like that. Very straight forward but hard.

At first, you start with bodyweight. Why? Because you need to bild structure, stability and a fundament first.
The most common mistake of fitness newbies is that they start from 0 to a 100, and real quick injury happens. 
Youll get the best results with maybe more little but consistent excercise. As long as you are sweating, it is aerobic exercise. 

Do that for a month before anything else. 

THEN AFTER EVERY WORKOUT MAX 1hr later you eat Carbohydrates and Protein and fat!!

* Rice with Chicken and oil sauce

* Beans with meat 

whatever it is, something like that. 
You also need to eat raw stuff (e.g. raw carrots ) to get your enzymes. Enzymes arent there in cooked stuff. 

Thats more than enough information for the go, with that you can execute for months and go crazy. 

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. 

On 20/12/2019 at 11:05 AM, Rasheed said:
  • What is the best way to build muscle and also, get the six pack, simultaenously? How to do it?

☆ While beginning at 'Skinny Fat' ~  Skinny person with high percentage body fat level? 

☆ Is this bad, because skinny dude will get even skinnier? Is there a way to get a muscle mass, and 6 pack simultaneously?

You can't serve two Masters. 

Get lean. Lose weight. You can gradually gain size but get the abs first. Do it in incremental segments. 

My favourite youtube channel is AthleanX Jeff Cavalier. He's like almost fifty and he looks like statue of hercules. Former nfl strength trainer abd physio. World class. 

He doesn't do cardio but he's a outlier, kept body fat to 5%, natural, and spent a lifetime training it. He has maybe a single cheat meal a year. 

The lowest I've ever been is 8-10% at which point, you have abs visual and no flex. 

Lastly, abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. Good luck! 

Cut first and get shredded, take up some form of cardio for the health gains also, can be a sport you like or any sort of cardio you enjoy. 

im guessing you will want to stay lean post cut, so only lean bulk, there’s no rush to get huge unless you want to compete or whatever, also try to stick to healthy and natural foods in your diet, easy to get side tracked and chase gains at the cost of your health. 

Kinobody has easy to follow 3 days a week programmes for both cutting and bulking, also employs intermittent fasting which makes weight loss effortless. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 1/8/2020 at 6:41 PM, LfcCharlie4 said:

Cut first and get shredded, take up some form of cardio for the health gains also, can be a sport you like or any sort of cardio you enjoy. 

im guessing you will want to stay lean post cut, so only lean bulk, there’s no rush to get huge unless you want to compete or whatever, also try to stick to healthy and natural foods in your diet, easy to get side tracked and chase gains at the cost of your health. 

Kinobody has easy to follow 3 days a week programmes for both cutting and bulking, also employs intermittent fasting which makes weight loss effortless. 

Thanks.