VeganAwake

Non-duality explained by a Master... includes Duality is an illusion!!

41 posts in this topic

This recognition has already changed my life... it's incredible ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Non-duality aka the Infinite One, the One and Only aka God, is all there is. All duality is included in the One, nothing outside it, nothing that is not it. And I am that One. So totally One, no illusion can touch it, it can only be included within me, like everything else. 

If God wasn't infinite, God wouldn't be God. To be infinite means to be God. To be God means to be infinite. 

This topic cracks me up so much because it's so easy to understand but difficult at the same time ❤

The separation from oneness never occurred it was an illusion.

Nonduality is all there ever has been and ever will be.

If Oneness is already the case, twoness could never be...

The ten thousand waves in the ocean were never something apart from the ocean. So you could say they're included but that doesn't make sense because they were never apart.

The apartness is the illusion....

Duality is an illusion...❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Yeah, it's all One indivisible whole. In the ultimate absolute sense, all is One. But don't overestimate the power of illusion, reality is made out of it and not many can see through it. 

When I personally say all is One, I take into account literally Everything, including illusions, dualities, seperation and apartness. It doesn't matter if these things are "real" or not. It's the conscious understanding that all these IS the One who is All. 

Oneness doesn't look like One giant  being or reality which looks identical to everything, where everything looks identical and the same. No, it IS exactly THIS reality. 

Oneness=Manyness, Manyness=Oneness. 

They say I am not this, not that. This is the beginning step. After going full circle, I am this, I am that. I am the One who is All! When you identify yourself as the One, conscious that you are the One (God), everything can become the One. But this requires that you accept the actuality of individuality and manyness, by consciously including it in yourself as the One. 

You cannot turn everything into One. You cannot turn everything to become you. But you can become conscious that All is I. Not in your mind, but literally you become conscious of it. Everything in your direct experience, everything in your visual field becomes One where "you" are not in the picture anymore, not as you used to be at least. 

I speak from direct experience of course, I'm not making this up. I'm trying to get to this level of consciousness, I have already begun but it's a long path to take. But I feel it's my path. This requires sacrifice, at the same time it doesn't. You must align yourself to God's will, ignoring the ego at all costs. Even if it means annihilation of your very individuality. I haven't seriously begun this path, I have some things to clear up first. I'm conscious that this is no game. 

36 minutes ago, Highest said:

@VeganAwake Yeah, it's all One indivisible whole. In the ultimate absolute sense, all is One.

Correct... you are on track ?

"non-duality" is not a thing. It's a negative term

It's like the term "atheist"  which describes

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

This topic cracks me up so much because it's so easy to understand but difficult at the same time ❤

The separation from oneness never occurred it was an illusion.

Nonduality is all there ever has been and ever will be.

If Oneness is already the case, twoness could never be...

The ten thousand waves in the ocean were never something apart from the ocean. So you could say they're included but that doesn't make sense because they were never apart.

The apartness is the illusion....

Duality is an illusion...❤

Non-duality isn't oneness

it's a negative term.  It just means "not duality"
It's like if you asked someone what their favorite vegetable was and they said "definitely not broccoli "

12 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

"non-duality" is not a thing. It's a negative term

It's like the term "atheist"  which describes

Non-duality isn't oneness

it's a negative term.  It just means "not duality"
It's like if you asked someone what their favorite vegetable was and they said "definitely not broccoli "

There are aspects of duality here.

"Broccoli vs. Not Broccoli" is a duality. Negative term vs Positive term is a duality. There is transcendence to this.

It's not an intellectual thing. . . . A good exercise is to go into one's kitchen and see One Everything in the room. NOT a collection of all individual things. Rather, One Everything. There is no separate thing in the room. There is no thing. . . . No Thing = Nothing = Everything. 

It means not two essentially.  A duality is distinction, creating separation.  So you can think of it as non-distinction. 

Interestingly enough negative is the opposite of positive so even that is a duality that collapses. 

Also note that language is inherently dualistic so you can't get to total non-duality with words.  Non-duality and duality is a duality that must collapse.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

There are aspects of duality here.

"Broccoli vs. Not Broccoli" is a duality. Negative term vs Positive term is a duality. There is transcendence to this.

It's not an intellectual thing. . . . A good exercise is to go into one's kitchen and see One Everything in the room. NOT a collection of all individual things. Rather, One Everything. There is no separate thing in the room. There is no thing. . . . No Thing = Nothing = Everything. 

Yeah, I've had this similar experience of One everything in the room. Difficult to explain. Like the whole room dissolves into one indivisible One. That's where the duality of subject and object dissolve, even "I" dissolves. The most I have been able to hold on to this is like 4 min. 

This is the state I tried to explain above and that I'm considering to seriously reach until it becomes permanent or at least most of the time. 

Do you think this is possible. Well, I know it’s possible. My only concern is this, to be in this state in all situations, is that delusional or something like that? 

Edited by Highest

8 minutes ago, Highest said:

Do you think this is possible. Well, I know it’s possible. My only concern is this, to be in this state in all situations, delusional or something like that? 

That is what we call death, but death is just imagined.

It is actually  God - Formlessness - infinity - Love - Consciousness

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

That is what we call death.  

You said exactly what I felt intuitively bro. Simply that I will lose everyone and even my individuality if I go far enough. Something tells me to go for it, something tells me that this would indeed be death. 

16 minutes ago, Highest said:

You said exactly what I felt intuitively bro. Simply that I will lose everyone and even my individuality if I go far enough. Something tells me to go for it, something tells me that this would indeed be death. 

The self or ego will come back - until the physical body which you are imagining yourself to be expires.   Then you will be pure Infinity eternally. Until you decide to do it all over again ??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Highest This is a big trap. You will still have a personality and still be 'You' on a human level, you will be more you than ever before and be who truly are. 

You will know yourself as The Self, The Absolute etc and rest here but can still live as an individual who has likes and dislikes, and a family etc. 

You can have your cake and eat it. 

This was one of my biggest fears, but post-awakening I am more me than ever before, also Enneagram work helps with this :) 

If someone calls your name you will still turn around!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The self or ego will come back - until the physical body which you are imagining yourself to be expires.   Then you will be Infinite eternally. Until you decide to do it all over again ??

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yeah. I don't know what to do, just live in this state or go higher. I probably will go higher one day, but maybe I should just chill out for a year first or something. The scary part is when I get into this state around my parents, my girlfriend or people in general. The ego gets scared like a little child, thinks that I have suddenly lost something, them or my mind. Then it wants to slip out of that state instantly. 

3 hours ago, Highest said:

Yeah. I don't know what to do, just live in this state or go higher. I probably will go higher one day, but maybe I should just chill out for a year first or something. The scary part is when I get into this state around my parents, my girlfriend or people in general. The ego gets scared like a little child, thinks that I have suddenly lost something, them or my mind. Then it wants to slip out of that state instantly. 

No need to live in a cave hitting non-dual states constantly unless you want to.  Once you die a few times you realize the separation was imaginary the whole time and that you are the whole thing right now.  Its this right here!  There is nowhere to go.  This is it.   As you guys were saying earlier.   

But in regards to your own path it sounds like you still have to die once :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

A good example is when the separate sense of self falls away, its simultaneously realized it never existed in the first place. It was an illusion that seemed to be real.

This illusion is like an overlay placed over the top of reality. It makes everything appear a certain way, but once the overlay(veil) is removed, THIS is waiting with open arms, and its recognized there was never not THIS, it was just a flimsy overlay clouding up Paradise ?

The separation never occurred...

It's always only been THIS and its Absolute Freedom. ❤

There is no purpose and meaning to anything, and there doesn't need to be...

It's discovered that only an illusory lacking separate self needs meaning and purpose and constantly seeks to feel complete. 

This illusory sense of self never finds what its looking for because its perfection seeking perfection within perfection... (running on the hamster wheel). 

There is no separate self...

Paradise is waiting...get off the hamster wheel...time to awaken the kingdom of heaven is at hand.❤

4 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Highest This is a big trap. You will still have a personality and still be 'You' on a human level, you will be more you than ever before and be who truly are. 

You will know yourself as The Self, The Absolute etc and rest here but can still live as an individual who has likes and dislikes, and a family etc. 

You can have your cake and eat it. 

This was one of my biggest fears, but post-awakening I am more me than ever before, also Enneagram work helps with this :) 

If someone calls your name you will still turn around!

Yeah, it also feels like a delusional trap. But I haven't tried it out seriously, so I can't say for sure. I know that, alone and internaly at least, I can go as deep as I can, slip into several different states of consciousness. 

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No need to live in a cave hitting non-dual states constantly unless you want to.  Once you die a few times you realize the separation was imaginary the whole time and that you are the whole thing right now.  Its this right here! As you guys were saying earlier.   

But in regards to your own path it sounds like you still have to die once :)

Yeah, I still have to die. The imaginary part, I have yet to become conscious of. 

Anyways, I will just chill out for now. As you said, there is no need hit non-dual states constantly, never the less try to stay in one constantly. 

55 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

"Broccoli vs. Not Broccoli" is a duality.

No "not broccoli"  is not part of a duality

if it were 

then

non-duality would be part of a duality with duality as in

"Non-duality vs. Duality and likewise

"Broccoli vs. Not Broccoli"

But neither statement means anything, just pretends to.
You can't just put "non" in front of any word and say that is part of duality with the same word without "non" attached
That is a word game not a true example of duality