Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nirvanalight

Buried or cremated after we die?

8 posts in this topic

On one hand I prefer being cremated when I die, but I am afraid that it could have bad consequences regarding my soul/consciousness. Do you think it matters what will happen to our body when we die? Also would matter if we die in space rather than planet earth? 

@Nirvanalight - are you afraid you could have bad consequences regarding your soul/consciousness when you need to discard old shirts and pants?

It really does not matter what happens to the body when it ceases to function.  There is no point in using up a bunch of space in a graveyard, so I told my family cremation and poured in a nearby river.

The death of the body really does not matter to that which I really am.  So it does not matter where the body dies (on Earth, space, Mars, etc.)...nor what happens to the body after it ceases to function.  All is within Consciousness...ever here.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

I don't think it matters. You are not the body, you are the formless taking the form of a body. Matter is the most lesser fundamental thing in existence. 

The thought of going inside a box and decaying away slower grosses me out. 
Also occupying a piece of land and not allow it to be used for anything else is such a waste.  

Ashes spread into the ocean or a body of water makes the most sense to me...if space travel is inexpensive i wouldnt mind being dispersed in space

Are you implying you have an individual soul ?
Because even if it was the case, it would still be the real you (the one true soul) dreaming shit up your arses ?

So it only matter if you're a devoted religious person, because what you believe will be real for you.

If you believe there is hell and that you will be punished if you don't act a certain way.
Sure it matters, you could dream up going to hell in that case ?

Your own intelligence has turned against you !

800px-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Yes I am induvidual soul and after death will get 72 hippie virgins. Females only. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

If you are selfish, you wouldn't mind spreading your dead body into the environment. (Burning is not good for the environment). 

Your body is meant to decay with the earth, as it is made from the earth. That is the most natural way to dispose your dead body. (Buried in earth without a casket). 

But in my religion, we believe that you could feel pain /your senses becomes sharper when you died. So we are not allowed to burn any sentient beings body. Dead or living. 

5 hours ago, Tanz said:

The thought of going inside a box and decaying away slower grosses me out. 
Also occupying a piece of land and not allow it to be used for anything else is such a waste.  

Ashes spread into the ocean or a body of water makes the most sense to me...if space travel is inexpensive i wouldnt mind being dispersed in space

Why would you wanna go too far? Your dead body will spoilt the space with it's smell...