Nickyy

74 year old fruitarian dies while dry fasting

47 posts in this topic

Anyone got anymore info on this?

Any other coverage on YouTube?

I have heard that dry fasting is like you avoid water completely. It is considered dangerous. 

Not much info 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Maybe some in the raw vegan community will say that he was ready to "ascend" , and that's why he "died"?

12 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

@Preety_India Maybe some in the raw vegan community will say that he was ready to "ascend" , and that's why he "died"?

I think they might say that he ate the forbidden fruit. 

Ashton Kutcher was hospitalized after eating only fruit for one month.

It will definitely contribute to high sugar levels. 

Apart from that maybe acidity 

I have never tried any crazy yo yo dieting 

Happy to be alive 

@Preety_India I don't think the problem lies in eating only fruit. There are two very healthy guys who run a website called Mastering Diabetes, who have been eating fruit for 15 years to control type 1 diabetes.

I think the problem lies in the magical thinking of new age narcissism, which is rampant among the raw vegan community who try these things without integrating it with scientific fact.

I've warned of the dangers of fasting and asserted that it must be done under medical supervision.

This tragic story of this guy dying of organ failure while dry fasting should serve as a warning to all who are contemplating trying anything that comes out of this raw vegan health community. 

11 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

@Preety_India I don't think the problem lies in eating only fruit. There are two very healthy guys who run a website called Mastering Diabetes, who have been eating fruit for 15 years to control type 1 diabetes.

I think the problem lies in the magical thinking of new age narcissism, which is rampant among the raw vegan community who try these things without integrating it with scientific fact.

I've warned of the dangers of fasting and asserted that it must be done under medical supervision.

This tragic story of this guy dying of organ failure while dry fasting should serve as a warning to all who are contemplating trying anything that comes out of this raw vegan health community. 

You really meant to say that I can eat just fruit and I won't get diabetes. What do you suggest. Because I've been thinking about it since a long time and I'm pre-diabetes so I was a bit scared to try that. What do you think 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

You really meant to say that I can eat just fruit and I won't get diabetes. What do you suggest. Because I've been thinking about it since a long time and I'm pre-diabetes so I was a bit scared to try that. What do you think 

You are pre diabetic? You can reverse it eating a wfpb diet. But you have to research it thoroughly and speak to your doctor. You can find a lot of studies online that support the diet reversing pre diabetes. I suggest you geek out on this channel and take a long time to consider it.

I'm not telling you what to do here, I'm merely showing you a YouTube channel, what you decide to do from here on in is your responsibility. 

You’re right about one thing, be it, the problem lies in thinking. It’s interesting to see the perceptions of this sad incident shared by the various agendas and systems of belief out there all using only the info they see fit for their point. Definitely was a big scare for the vegan communities, and new detox folk imo 

there’s plenty of better videos to get more details on the facts about this but I’ll Just share what his wife had to say and let you all do your own research: 

From his wife:

"We’re so sorry to announce the passing of our dear father & husband Robert Lockhart who transitioned yesterday the 29th of November at 6:06pm at age 75. We can understand the disbelief of many who knew him, as he was so full of life. His daughters Tulani Lockhart, Meah Robertson and his wife Ree Anna cared for him for the weeks leading up to his death. We’ve had many messages from his friends, loved ones and the community sharing their love and support, thank you so much to everyone for their kindness. Rob was a great man who loved to help and mentor others. His long standing career over 45 years as an excellent Chiropractor impacted many. His great passion however was his diet, nature cure and being an advocate of healthy living. Both in eating raw foods, educating about physical activity and the human frame. We all know he was the best at handstands! We’d like to clarify the chain of events that lead to his body shutting down, as it wasn’t just one thing. As you may or may not be aware Rob has eaten only a raw food diet for nearly 40 years. Over the last 10 years he significantly decreased his intake of water, drinking only minimal coconut water or freshly squeezed juice, quoting that he got all the water he needed from the high intake of mainly fruits he was eating. In the last 5 years he commenced “dry fasting” for periods of time which meant no food or fluids including water for extended periods, up to 48 hours. He would also intermittently fast each day no food no water for roughly 19 hours with a 5 hour eating window. The doctors believe this had done significant damage to his kidneys over the years as scans & tests performed showed atrophy, scarring and significantly reduced function. Rob’s immune system was suffering and he picked up a chest infection from a bacteria called Melioidosis, this is found in the soil in tropical climates. He was a avid planter of rare fruits and was constantly tending to his trees & orchid. This contributed to a bad cough and mucous on the lungs which he said “I’m just eliminating, don’t worry”. He then proceeded to do a dry fast of 72 hours no food no fluids, which pushed his body too far which he admitted. In the subsequent weeks he was quite debilitated. His kidneys started to shut down, which then meant he couldn’t clear the fluid from his lungs, and his electrolyte balance was thrown out. Having a proper balance of electrolytes including potassium ensures the heart beats properly. Combined with his lungs not getting adequate oxygen due to the infection which was later diagnosed as pneumonia also put more pressure on his heart. After much coaxing he reluctantly went to hospital for treatment as he was on the verge of complete kidney failure and a cardiac arrest at home. He accepted testing and treatment in hospital. Their quality of care & respect for Robert was amazing and blessed us with another 2 weeks with him. Last Saturday he suffered with two massive cardiac arrests then was placed in ICU on life support. We were all hoping he would recover, however over the week unfortunately he didn’t regain consciousness (although we believe he could hear us at times) there were no significant signs of neurological activity. His organs including lungs, kidneys, liver and heart continued to fail. In the last week they had him on dialysis, a ventilator and medication to keep his heart beating. His condition continued to deteriorate and we were advised that there was no treatment options to fix his enlarged heart (cardiomyopathy) and leaking valves with an ejection fraction of 15-20% at most with medication stimulation. Out of respect for his wishes we (Tulani, Rheana, Meah and the doctors) made a joint decision to let him go peacefully without being plugged into any machines or medications. It has been a very hard time. However we believe he was in the end happy to be set free. We hope that everyone can respect him and his memory lovingly without judgment or blame. We’ll be having a celebration of life for Rob next Sunday the 8th of December at 1:00pm, 66 Johanna Road Trinity Park. If you’d like to come to say your goodbyes you’re more than welcome. To honor Rob we’ll have a big fruit party (no alcohol please). Feel free to message Meah Robertson, Tulani Lockhart or Ree Anna if you’d like any additional information. Much love Meah, Tulani and Rheana ❤️"

@Preety_India I would not just do fruit. You can get a lot of nutrition from fruit, but vegetables are quite superior. There is a lot of good starch based options such as beans and quinoa as well. Definitely do the research though. But you would be able to control your diabetes very well with a diet like that. A whole foods plant based diet is what I would research. Removes all processed stuff, oils, sugar, etc. Salt is good to keep around though ideally Himalayan salt. 

There is a fair amount of variations of a vegan diet. I would put the fruit as too extreme just because of the fact that you would likely go into a calorie deficit. Fruit is really awesome though and tastes great. There is a lot of good food you would be missing out on though. 

I have recently started playing around with 18 hour fasts, but I drink water during it. I seem to have a good chunk of energy doing this and giving myself a good window of time to eat. Really helps me with my exercise and meditation in the morning so far it seems. I have seen a lot of positive research around fasting although I am not sure of the point of dry fasting. 

9 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

I have recently started playing around with 18 hour fasts, but I drink water during it. I seem to have a good chunk of energy doing this and giving myself a good window of time to eat. Really helps me with my exercise and meditation in the morning so far it seems. I have seen a lot of positive research around fasting although I am not sure of the point of dry fasting. 

An 18 hour fast is normal, man. Sometimes I eat at 6pm and I can't get hold of anything until lunchtime. It can be done.

Every day?

I'm not so sure. I think it's wise to listen to body signals telling you to eat and drink. 

@Nickyy Yeah, usually right around when it would end my stomach growls a bit. I want to research it a bit more. I just gave it a go and it seems to be pretty good. I had heard it could help you live longer due to less time the body spends breaking down sugars. But I have not really verified that. I know the body can handle much more. But obviously I want it to be beneficial. I had seen a lot of people do extended ones with a lot of good results, but I don't want to do multiple days or anything like that. 

@DrewNows I agree. Shaun is highly biased. But that doesn't stop me using his channel. I like to research holistically to get as comprehensive a view of a situation as possible. 

Thank you for the share 

Edited by Nickyy

1 minute ago, Nickyy said:

@DrewNows I agree. Shaun is highly biased. But that doesn't stop me using his channel.

Makes sense yeah. :D 

The point about dry fasting is important, most people who take it too far dont understand that a well hydrated body isn’t going to result in a dry mouth or feeling thirsty and without proper cellular hydration, it can be very dangerous to abstain from fluid consumption like drinking too much water can lead to health issues, even death 

I’ve done a few near 24 hr dry fasts to experiment 

Breatharian actually means fasting and hearing their knowledge on how to safely fast has been most interesting, also the focus on energy. I dig this guys content

@modmyth Suffering breeds love. If you dry fast you are on the verge of death. Coming that close to death will you bring you closer to god.

wow look what i found, video of Robert Lockhart himself speaking about dry fasting among other things lol 

15 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@modmyth Suffering breeds love. If you dry fast you are on the verge of death. Coming that close to death will you bring you closer to god.

nonsense xD

@modmyth Check out this video on fasting from a dude who lives to fast as a breatharian lol, he explains how and why it is done