LfcCharlie4

Self Love and The Practicality of It

10 posts in this topic

This is probably one of if not Leo's best video yet, going over how Self Love is the root solution to the majority if not all problems we as humans face n an individual and collective level. 

He is not saying it in some kind of hippie way that then means you no longer become practical about your problems and find the solutions to them. 

No, instead he is saying first realize the issue is caused in most cases by a lack of self love at the deepest level no matter the issue, and when you expand your sense of self and deepen your love it will help you understand and solve these problems. 

However, he isn't saying don't go and get into the practical side of things and take the action you require. 

Let's take diet and health as an example, expanding your sense of love would mean you want to treat your body with the utmost respect and by doing that you would realize to love your body and meet it's nutritional needs. Of course just saying I love my body and continuing to eat McDonalds 3 times a day isn't going to cut it, instead what he is saying is to expand this love, realize what you need to do to go and fix the problem and then go and fucking do it!

This might mean going to read a whole bunch of nutrition books, learning to build a healthier relationship to food, starting a new exercise routine etc etc, but what it stems from is increasing your love and expanding your sense of self to heal the root issue and then on a more 'surface' level doing what is practical and taking the required action. 

This is a very deep topic so I thought showing how it is actually practical to everyday life and of course on a collective level would help show how awakening and enlightenment can actually be used to facilitate change in others areas of life in positive ways, and also show that just because you awaken does not instantly mean your life will be perfect in all areas, a great video of Leo's to understand this is this one. 

This video goes into detail how each sub field can have specific techniques and teachings that help you with whatever issues you face, for example there is different strategies for overcoming OCD compared to depression etc, but at their roots increasing Self-Love will deal with the systemic causes and then the surface level techniques and teachings will help you fully overcome the issues. 

I hope I made sense but I just thought it was a good idea to clear this up and stop people being half-hearted with the whole Self-Love, and to prevent spiritual bypassing which happens a lot of the time in this sort of work. 

In summary, increasing Self-Love will help with the root and systemic issues you face in your life and then studying your own unique situation and doing what needs to be done on a practical level whatever that may be while increasing Self-Love will then help you improve your life 10000 fold.

Also, we could get a discussion going down below on how Self-Love can practically help you in your own life, and on collective levels as well as what practical steps you need to take to overcome these issues and what practical steps collectively we need to take to overcome these issues that will be a result of increased Self-Love. 

Thanks for an amazing video Leo, your work is deepening every week and it's great to see!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Yes, practical teachings are still important. It's not enough to literally only have one teaching. The devil is in the details. People need help with implementation of high-level abstractions like Self-Love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura yeah and I got that from your video as you was referencing such a deep teaching, I just worry those newer will neglect the fundamentals of PD as I see occasionally on here, when in reality Self-Love amongst your other deepest teachings can be incredibly practical. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I just worry those newer will neglect the fundamentals of PD as I see occasionally on here

Yes, this is a predictable trap. But people can't grow without making mistakes. So I consider it par for the course.

The highest teachings appear very impractical, yet when actualized are the most practical.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes, you need a deep personal development foundation before you can even understand what love and self is. Many misunderstand the teaching and end up trapped in their egos. However, it is also important to speak the truth in its pure form even when people might not understand it, because when the time is right this information will be the key to their awakening. 

6 hours ago, sausagehead said:

Where’s a practical guide for increasing self love?

Look at all the people who you hate and figure out how to love them ;)

@sausagehead Start with reading some of these authors- Ramaji, Ramana Maharshi, Nisgardatta Maharaj, Rupert Spira etc

Either start working with a teacher 1-1, PM me if you wanna know my teachers, or use Psyches or some sort of technique to help yourself awakening.

As a result of deep awakenings into love your love will deepen naturally, and compassion will flow out of you effortlessly.