Bridge to Infinity

What is consciousness?

13 posts in this topic

I would like to clarify my understanding of consciousness. 

Here it is in my perspective:

Consciousness is different from brain activity. The brain activity results in what we call ego. The thing observing that brain activity is consciousness however consciousness is not only observing brain activity instead, it is observing everything. It is a field that stretches out to infinity and it is the one creating and then watching its creation. My ego is its creation and the one observing it is consciousness. I only exist because I am consciousness.

Who i call me, is simply brain activity, but i am mistaken, i am the observer of the brain activity and i am not just observing my brain activity rather i am observing the whole existence itself but me as an ego will never know that because i am limited to brain activity. 

If im wrong tell me, i am virtually speaking out of my ass here, i took lsd a couple of times and some mushrooms, but i couldn't make sense of those experiences. These conclusions i came to just trying to make sense of Leo's stuff as well as a couple of other teachers like J.Krishnamurti and Sadhguru, as well as ken wilber and Peter Ralston. 

Don't split consciousness and ego.

Ego is a form that consciousness takes, but that still means it is also consciousness.

As long as you can say that something is conscious of something else, you're perpetuating the illusion that there can be something else than you that exist.

There is just you.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin could you say the ego is consciousness but the one observing the ego is not the ego itself its consciousness

@Bridge to Infinity

What is consiousness?

It's like a sand castle asking what Sand is.

Or a piece of gold jewelry asking what Gold is.

Consiousness is what the substance of reality is made up of.

Consiousness is so there is.

Just like with sand, you can make an infinite # of objects. All are made of sand but the resulting object/distinction is not sand...

"Bridge to infinity" is a Sand Castle who is asking what Sand is.

It is YOU!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@TylerJ yeah but who is that? i am a thought right? thats the ego right?

Edited by Bridge to Infinity

The Self encapsulates everything, you are the Self on an absolute level, everything in the world is the Self, in fact the world doesn't exist only the Self does, but you might not be ready tp here that yet, I wasn't for a long time and it doesn't mean you can't function like a normal Human. 

Just rest and breathe, this is it, everything you've been searching for is right here.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Bridge to Infinity those thoughts arise in awareness and are made from the same substance. Just as everything is made out of awareness. They are not the ego’s thoughts. The ego is the identification to the thoughts. Meaning that I (consciousness/awareness) am identified to mind = ego.

Try to find something that is not consciousness.

Sailing on the ceiling