The Don

A Recipe For Happiness On The Self-Actualization Path

9 posts in this topic

Hello.

For those out there who study the topic of happiness, I have something for you. It's something that has the potential to transform your entire life. It's not something that has to be believed. It's something established. It's something proven. And nonetheless, it's a scientific fact.

Here we go: GRATITUDE is what makes people happy.

There is also scientific proof in case you're looking for it. Another example, here.

Bear in mind that nothing happens overnight. It takes time to embody a concept.

If you have a journal, write down right after you wake up three things you're grateful for. There could be many examples but think about three things that have sustained you in life. This allows you to start every morning in a state of positivity which is the key to living a good & healthy life.

Write in your journal every day a few things that you're grateful for. This has to be a daily habit in order to take effect. It's simple, it costs nothing and works.

Me on the road less traveled.

although gratitude is a great thing, watch out you don't misuse it as a coping mechanism in your life.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey

“Be Grateful with everything you have and you will be successful in everything you do.” – Conor McGregor.

“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Tony Robbins

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

It is important to have gratitude for what we already have, but it does not exclude the fun of discovering new layers of life. In the end, the quality of your life is determined in your relationships. Family, friends or romantic, even with strangers. If you mastered your relations you live a extraordinary life. Not to mention you can be grateful for your relations too, and the love you give and the love you get raises you to Heaven on Earth.

3 hours ago, Metatron said:

It is important to have gratitude for what we already have, but it does not exclude the fun of discovering new layers of life. In the end, the quality of your life is determined in your relationships. Family, friends or romantic, even with strangers. If you mastered your relations you live a extraordinary life. Not to mention you can be grateful for your relations too, and the love you give and the love you get raises you to Heaven on Earth.

What do you mean?

Interacting with other people is important?

Your relationship with other people are important?

Me on the road less traveled.

We are the root of our five closest people who surround us. Practicing mercy and canceling judgement purifies the heart. Clear heart means quasi heaven on Earth.

@The Don Were you unhappy before practicing gratitude and then you became happy after doing it? Or were you happy first and then you start practicing gratitude and then you became happier?

@The Don Great find!

It truly does work! Another proven method is to let go. Let go of needing reality to be a certain way. Lets go of putting your requirements on people, animals, nature, companies or society in general. Let go of validation, control and protection. Become a superconductor for life. Being without resistence.

You dont even need to feel happy! If you feel the need to be happy. Let that need go.

Another one is to love everything. Unconditionally. This also ties in with letting go. You lost your job? Love that! Someone calls you an asshole? Love that he did that! Life is amazing. Everything is love.

Everytime something shitty happens in your life its the universe testing you.

Universe: makes you sick "Is he still loving this?"

You: *sick as fuck* but still loving every moment of it!

Universe: "hmm" makes you go bankrupt *eagerly awaiting your reaction*

You: Ah shit now Im depressed!

Universe: :x

Seems like the universe is a bit like a cat.

On 30/11/2019 at 5:54 PM, hamedsf said:

although gratitude is a great thing, watch out you don't misuse it as a coping mechanism in your life.

I've never heard this before, can you elaborate on what you mean by "don't misuse it to cope"?

Gratitude is a great harmless proactive positive coping mechanism, especially for depression, stress and trauma

How would one "misuse" it?

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm