Danioover9000

Advice on keeping a date?

93 posts in this topic

For most of my life I've been single and plagued with feelings of loneliness. It sometimes felt depressive, like I wasn't destined for intimacy. I've traveled the world once.

However, for some reason, despite my looks and behavior, I've somehow dated a woman and she's now a girlfriend to me.

Now I'm wondering how to manage the relationship? Just act normally or do I live like a single person?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

For most of my life I've been single and plagued with feelings of loneliness. It sometimes felt depressive, like I wasn't destined for intimacy. I've traveled the world once.

However, for some reason, despite my looks and behavior, I've somehow dated a woman and she's now a girlfriend to me.

Now I'm wondering how to manage the relationship? Just act normally or do I live like a single person?

Just enjoy yourself and learn from your mistakes.

27 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

Just enjoy yourself and learn from your mistakes.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I've somehow dated a woman and she's now a girlfriend to me.

Congrats! 

Just act normal and have fun. ?❤

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Thanks.

You're welcome :)

Try always being positive to her. 

Men are naturally inclined to bring negativity into relationships. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

I'd be careful to try not to stereotype.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Anna1 said:

I'd be careful to try not to stereotype.

Not trying to stereotype but just saying from experience. But I can see why it can be considered stereotyping... 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Not trying to stereotype but just saying from experience. But I can see why it can be considered stereotyping... 

Maybe the men you've experienced so far have been like this, but not "all" men are like this... that's all I'm saying.

Any time ppl talk in absolutes about a group of ppl it's usually not accurate. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

47 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Actually a man you were with did a bunch of things and you interpreted the things as negativity

So it was: men did bunch of stuff -> entered your brain -> your brain chemicals converted bunch of stuff into 'negativity'

So actually you brought the negativity into the relationship, not the man. 

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Actually a man you were with did a bunch of things and you interpreted the things as negativity

So it was: men did bunch of stuff -> entered your brain -> your brain chemicals converted bunch of stuff into 'negativity'

So actually you brought the negativity into the relationship, not the man. 

That's a very simplistic interpretation. Things don't work that way in reality. People who behave like jerks are jerks. There's no brain chemical spin on it. Done. 

Just now, Preety_India said:

That's a very simplistic interpretation. Things don't work that way in reality. People who behave like jerks are jerks. There's no brain chemical spin on it. Done. 

thankyou for that but already know what victim mentality is, I don't need you to give me an example. 

Just now, electroBeam said:

thankyou for that but already know what victim mentality is, I don't need you to give me an example. 

Some people are aggressors. I don't need to give you an example. 

15 hours ago, Anna1 said:

Congrats! 

Just act normal and have fun. ?❤

Your welcome.

11 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Thanks for the advice.

I used to think women are in it for the money and luxuries men provide, the protection they offer and how naturally women drain men's lives. After I traveled the world, women to me are far more complicated and diverse than I thought to be.

11 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I used to think women are in it for the money and luxuries men provide, the protection they offer and how naturally women drain men's lives. 

11 hours ago, Preety_India said:

12 hours ago, Preety_India said:

So you're already having a negative attitude towards women even before you go halfway through your relationship with the woman. I wasn't very wrong when I said that. 

Be careful with your prejudice and projection regarding women. Can turn the tone of your relationship if you don't know how to blunt those sharp edges. 

But it's nice to see that you are acknowledging that women can be diverse and complicated. 

Just one advice. Don't judge too much beforehand. You never know how your perception is radically transforming the relationship right before your eyes. 

Relationships are fragile. Tread with caution. 

19 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Keep staying normal like u always be,no need to make up any constructed acting otherwise in the future is gonna collapse.. :) stay true stay authentic love her but love u before anything ❤️ Be sure to not go crazy over a relationship,commit with her but be sure to keep progressing in ur own life and self development..and I wish U the best happiness u can get ❤️

54 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I used to think women are in it for the money and luxuries men provide,

Interesting, but I make more money then my man. So, wrong there!

55 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

the protection they offer

A can of pepper spray does the job too. Lol

56 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

how naturally women drain men's lives.

Only if you're attracted to the emotional energy sucker woman, but this it not all women, many women are very independent and self sufficient.

59 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

women to me are far more complicated and diverse than I thought to be.

Yes, we are, that's why stereotyping is ridiculous, of women or men. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

So you're already having a negative attitude towards women even before you go halfway through your relationship with the woman. I wasn't very wrong when I said that. 

Be careful with your prejudice and projection regarding women. Can turn the tone of your relationship if you don't know how to blunt those sharp edges. 

But it's nice to see that you are acknowledging that women can be diverse and complicated. 

Just one advice. Don't judge too much beforehand. You never know how your perception is radically transforming the relationship right before your eyes. 

Relationships are fragile. Tread with caution. 

Thanks for the reply.

I had a negative attitude that started when a woman sexually victimized me in my childhood. I've sought help for that and have made some progress. Now it isn't as bad as it used to be. I don't know what I did to deserve such hatred, but it's something I'm working on recovering.

I'm aware of some prejudice and projection around women I make, especially the one that traumatized me in the past.

It's thanks to traveling and meditation I now have a newer view of women.

Thanks for letting me know about judging. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Again, thanks for the pieces of advice you're providing. 

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

Thanks for the reply.

I had a negative attitude that started when a woman sexually victimized me in my childhood. I've sought help for that and have made some progress. Now it isn't as bad as it used to be. I don't know what I did to deserve such hatred, but it's something I'm working on recovering.

I'm aware of some prejudice and projection around women I make, especially the one that traumatized me in the past.

It's thanks to traveling and meditation I now have a newer view of women.

Thanks for letting me know about judging. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Again, thanks for the pieces of advice you're providing. 

You're welcome.