Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Isn't anything possible out of nothing?

35 posts in this topic

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nickyy I'm not saying don't judge anything ever. But judging woman based on their physical appearance and then going off about it in a thread is different than judging someone's content for their level of spiritual development. 

What are you refering to specifically? 

@Nickyy There was a thread that got locked for objectifying woman

Ok, yeah I know which one you're talking about.

Seems the standards here are getting more green. Greens only mission in life is to force everyone to conform to green

If this was truly a yellow centred forum we would allow people to express themselves as they are but offer insight into how it's holding them back.

Instead there is more and more homogeneous conformity to one values structure, less debate.

@Nickyy Certain behaviors aren't tolerated it's all about where the bar is. If some stage blue guy came to the forum and just constantly went off about white people are superior to black people it wouldn't be tolerated. Sure if we were all stage yellow we could just let him to do his thing and give him guidance and hope he figures it out himself. I much prefer cutting the nonsense so we can spend most of our time focusing on our own development.

@Raptorsin7 It's not like arch is a troll, a few detours on a thread should be allowed for a long term contributor. 

How else are people supposed to learn if they aren't allowed to speak their truth ?

@Nickyy Certain behaviors aren't tolerated it's all about where the bar is. If some stage blue guy came to the forum and just constantly went off about white people are superior to black people it wouldn't be tolerated. Sure if we were all stage yellow we could just let him to do his thing and give him guidance and hope he figures it out himself. I much prefer cutting the nonsense so we can spend most of our time focusing on our own development.

That's the problem. You think it's nonsense. I think what you are saying is nonsense.

No offense.

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

There may be a problem if that's all the blue guy did. But people just locking threads because of arbitrary kneejerk reactions without contemplating the nuances of the whole picture is not very intelligent.

Some potential for change gets lost every time a mod just acts impulsively and shuts a thread. 

Nobody with a big picture outlook shuts fertile and honest expression down. It's supposed to be managed, not suppressed. 

@Raptorsin7 @Nickyy

The concept I was discussing was about how judgemental behavior is not justifiable because in my opinion, people are in a constant state of Flux or dynamic change. 

Let's say if I judge someone and said that they are not as intelligent or if I mocked them and said they are not good at sports or any particular skill like driving. 

But there is a problem with my judgemental behavior because my decision to brand a person as bad or inferior {judgement is usually in the negative context} means I have permanently stamped them with my perspective therefore limiting their possible future potential in my eyes and in the eyes of others as well as that person. The person now needs to accept that this who he/she is. Can you see the flaw here. That person is less likely to work on their personal growth because they are made to believe that what they are has already been decided. That's why I wrote about infinite possibilities and something evolving out of nothing.

Because if I judge my partner as an addict, his chances of recovery and growth have been dismissed by me and I have created a situation of despair for him by making him feel that there is no hope for him in my eyes. 

That was the point of the post. That judgement(and here I mean being judgemental) arises from deep rooted negativity and is a shadow in itself that has not been resolved in both the speaker and the listener. 

Thus by judging we invalidate the infinite possibilities of growth in a human. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

All problems of beliefs and understanding come from the belief that human are self determined.

We are god programmation. 

Accumulated determined knowledge.

To know about a subject we had to experience it.

We never choosed our school. Parents. Country. Tongue. Cultural context. People around. Etc etc..

Why understanding in mind would be différent ?

We are all pnj believing being characters.

Indeed there is nothing to hate or love.

The Big mindfuck.

Incel are god will. And people who dismay them aswell.

Now It doesn't mean you can't change people. But ultimately people change by themself. If the matrix want it.

@Preety_India thats right because you are attaching them to a particular identity.  Aligning with Truth requires one to not cling tightly to any particular identity or perspective but rather to be able to jump between perspectives.   That is how they can grow, change, and evolve.

That said just because you label a person doesn't necessarily mean it will trap them but is indeed a low conscious act on your part and it could since the person may be fairly undeveloped and therfore vulnerable.

As for what @Nickyy was saying - Reality (duality that is) as you guys know, is a absolutely relative.  All there is are perspectives.  It is completely subjective.  And i think that's where he is going with this. 

But there is also Absolute Truth - and there is aligning with Truth.   The more conscious one is, the more selfless they become - and the more aligned with the Truth they become.   If someone wants a girl for their physical appearance only (i did for many of my early years) they are still very unconscious as it is purely about themselves at that point.   But i think that's pretty obvious anyway.  I see@Raptorsin7 point as well, which is that if we allowed those posts to go unchecked then people may see it and think its cool or wise to do that.   At the same time i think these things should be pointed out before locking and if the individual becomes belligerent or the post has run its course and is serving only unhealthy purpose then it should be locked.  So everyone makes good points.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Aeris said:

We never choosed our school. Parents. Country. Tongue. Cultural context. People around. Etc etc..

There's another good reason why judging others is so meaningless. 

We are not in full control of our will. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

if you can accept yourself as being nothing than sure, anything may be possible :ph34r:

How about 'greater purpose judgement'? A challenge going beyond our own personal bias. It really looks more like a question like if i were you how would i question my own belief or position? Sometimes these greater purpose judgments can be disguised as attacks but are only used in an attempt to breach a hard/irrational understanding. Often people misinterpret the greater purpose judgments often made by mods in closing thread subject matter because of their VP (imo) 

Edited by DrewNows

@Nickyy I'm not saying he should be banned. But he should just be made aware of how his behavior affects others, and how we have to do better as a forum community. I like arc this goes for me too. There are times where i just shit post because i'm procrastinating and if someone called me out it wouldn't be the worst.

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Raptorsin7 @Nickyy

The concept I was discussing was about how judgemental behavior is not justifiable because in my opinion, people are in a constant state of Flux or dynamic change. 

Let's say if I judge someone and said that they are not as intelligent or if I mocked them and said they are not good at sports or any particular skill like driving. 

But there is a problem with my judgemental behavior because my decision to brand a person as bad or inferior {judgement is usually in the negative context} means I have permanently stamped them with my perspective therefore limiting their possible future potential in my eyes and in the eyes of others as well as that person. The person now needs to accept that this who he/she is. Can you see the flaw here. That person is less likely to work on their personal growth because they are made to believe that what they are has already been decided. That's why I wrote about infinite possibilities and something evolving out of nothing.

Because if I judge my partner as an addict, his chances of recovery and growth have been dismissed by me and I have created a situation of despair for him by making him feel that there is no hope for him in my eyes. 

That was the point of the post. That judgement(and here I mean being judgemental) arises from deep rooted negativity and is a shadow in itself that has not been resolved in both the speaker and the listener. 

Thus by judging we invalidate the infinite possibilities of growth in a human. 

Yes, you create a conceptual prison for both yourself and for them by being prematurely judgemental.

However, taking judgement to the next level means to make assessment based on behaviour rather than define a person completely (as in what raptor suggests).

But you can relax this even further by putting it all into a bigger picture perspective and judging behaviour based on context, taking a longer time frame view.

For example I would let arc be himself for years while meeting him where he his because I have a crystal ball and can see massive growth in allowing but planting seeds that may not even sprout for decades.

Delaying gratification, but not having idiot compassion and allowing a person to blindly walk over you - just merely keeping an eye on expressions and if it's obvious that it's getting out of hand and there is no self reflection going on then yeah mobilize capacity to draw clear boundaries 

But I think the mods are too quick sometimes to draw boundaries, there is a fear that chaos will prevail (which is not true). 

Edited by Nickyy

6 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nickyy I'm not saying he should be banned. But he should just be made aware of how his behavior affects others, and how we have to do better as a forum community. I like arc this goes for me too. There are times where i just shit post because i'm procrastinating and if someone called me out it wouldn't be the worst.

I already said this, I said it's good to let people do what why do, but make them aware of how it's holding them back.

But to lock a thread is to put a fire extinguisher on an inquiry that could have generated lots more discussion later. 

There could have been tons of comments on objectification so that orange can start to see its own mentality from a detached view. But it wasn't allowed because there is too much fear of chaos . So the thread is ground to a halt instead of delicately managed.

Alternatively I wonder what would have happened had someone started a new thread about objectification and tagged arc in it?

I wonder if that would be seen as trolling and splintering by the mods?

Mods have to realize to that their perspective is also partial and subject to evolving.

Edited by Nickyy