Red-White-Light

Non-duality and Christianity

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any insight into Christianity and how it relates to non-duality.

I'm a big fan of biblical stories, however I don't think they should be taken literally.

What are angels, devils, jesus etc?

What is the holy trinity?

In the context of non-duality 

19 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

Does anyone have any insight into Christianity and how it relates to non-duality.

We choose between the “two trees”; the tree of the knowledge of good & evil, or the tree of life. The first, is judgement, both self and other, and believing our dualistic thoughts, living asleep in good & bad, right & wrong, etc. The second is the tree of life; existence (there is only existence), creating (there is only creation). 

I'm a big fan of biblical stories, however I don't think they should be taken literally.

The account of Adam & Eve created of Nothing is unthinkably more “accurate” than “The Big Bang”. The first points to what is transcendent of thought, the second is a thought story that has really gotten away from humans. Science is reality-funding-accolade-centric, rather than human centric. ?

What are angels, devils, jesus etc?

You, and your choosing of eating from the tree of duality, good & bad, vs the tree of life, nonduality. 

What is the holy trinity?

The father, son & Holy Ghost. You, God, and reality. Trinity = there is only One, though it appears otherwise, there are not three, nor two, only One. In the movie The Matrix...if you’re Neo (N e o = One...and you are) what does Trinity represent? ?

In the context of non-duality 

If only. ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What does trinity represents? 

❤️? 

I so wanted God to exist, wanted to be Adam placed  in  Reality. So I can finally see why I got born and what was this. But it turns out.... It is Just fucked up. It ended, hey atleast I am blackhole all the freakin time. 

All you... Oh God damn it. 

Oh God return me back to Formlessesnes your devil destroyed your cute little game. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

If you want to see Christianity in non-dual context you need to see the evolution on mythos-logos and belief. I think i have excatly the thing you looking for, a bit long for our nowdays standarts but definitely worth to check it out. 

I'm not a Christian now, but was raised as one. A bit of artistic licence perhaps but here goes: 

Holy Spirit = Spirit of Wholeness.

"I am the way, the truth and the life, no-one comes to the Father except through me" = Self enquiry, ie realise God through your own "I", not Jesus'. 

"I and the Father are one" = Nonduality.

"I am that I am" = I am That, I am (cf Thou art That, or Tat Tvam Asi from Hinduism). 

This leads me to think that God the Father symbolically represents the absolute reality, Brahman. Jesus represents the individual relative self (I'm rejecting Jesus is uniquely the son of God), and the Holy Spirit represents that which reconciles the relative and absolute realities together. Therefore there's a threefold image, like the pre-Christian Triskelion. 

Edited by silene

Holy communion = common union with the whole.
God loves you even if you don't believe in him = Christian equivalent of 'you're already enlightened whether you realise it or not.'
Sin is separation from God = ego consciousness throws us out of nondual awareness, ie the Garden of Eden)

Edited by silene
spelling

Forgiveness of sin = Letting go. Both in the sense of letting go of the resentment of past immoral actions; also letting go of the relative truth into the absolute (and reconnecting with God).