assx95

What would an enlightened person do if he/she lost everything?

8 posts in this topic

Let's say an enlightened person loses their job, their house, their family, their friends, their money, their stored food. 

All they have is two sets of clothes and they are on the street. 

Would he/she beg for food and money or would they accept it as the end of their life, and just sit back and wait for death to visit them? 

I'm asking this because i have this idea stuck in my head, that those who are enlightened have transcended their physical needs. 

1 minute ago, assx95 said:

that those who are enlightened have transcended their physical needs. 

if an enlightened person touches a hot stove, he will move his hand back

if he is thirsty, he will drink water

if he is feeling hot, he will turn on the ac

if he is feeling cold, he will wear a jacket

the idea in your head is false.

also, he may not move his hand back, or drink water, or turn the AC on, or wear a jacket.

there is no grantee. but normal human behavior will remain.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

interesting question. In substance you are asking how an "enlightened person" would behave in the position to satisfy his most basic needs of survival (cf Maslow's hierarchy), to build his life from ground zero .

First of all, there is no such thing as an archetypical, cookie cut "enlightened person". Everything in nature comes by degrees and hierarchies of more or less perfection, more or less integration. Globally speaking, one of the most universally shared consequence of enlightenment is that it sharpens your discernment, endows you with supra-personal clarity both towards yourself (either the ability to see through your self deception or, a minima, to become aware of how affected by it you are) and towards your environment , thus you become more and more receptive towards the reason you are in this reality : your life purpose/ calling , the plan(s) life has for you and you only. Given that, it is obvious that behavior will be radically different according to the development of various parameters of immanent self actualization : age , health, energy level, social circle, evolution on the Spiral Dynamic, psychological structure (yes even after enlightenment your psyche still holds a shape and form just as your physical body does) and more importantly the kind of foods you fed your mind with : with what kind of paradigm, of "eyes" you look at the world and to what extent it allows to act and have leverage on reality ; how deeply you understand your position in the universe and in reality ? your role and place  towards "others" etc ... 

Enlightenment is "just" a cleaning and a sharpening of your awareness, a momentary connection  of personality with Light/Source ... it is the "real" beginning of the journey, in no way does it prevent you from a intense work of embodiment and development (cognitive, emotional, energetic ... ) and striving towards Liberation .  An enlightened person could be recognized by the impersonality of its actions as he is nor more crippled by fears, uncertain and contradiction coming from the identification with its lower nature he can act with more "space", genuine altruism and true consciousness of being part of the Whole ... but again the "how" will depend on the developmental level of its still unpurified personality .

11 hours ago, assx95 said:

Let's say an enlightened person loses their job, their house, their family, their friends, their money, their stored food. 

All they have is two sets of clothes and they are on the street. 

Would he/she beg for food and money or would they accept it as the end of their life, and just sit back and wait for death to visit them? 

I'm asking this because i have this idea stuck in my head, that those who are enlightened have transcended their physical needs. 

The enlightened person would beg for food and money
Buddhist monks historically routinely beg for food on a daily basis called receiving "alms". 
Enlightened people are rare. 
Many intentionally try to reduce as much as possible attachments such as to a job, a  house, a family and friends. The very things you mention are considered by some to be distraction  in a pursuit of enlightenment

Edited by Nak Khid

33 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Buddhist monks historically routinely beg for food on a daily basis

So did Ramana Maharshi during his lifetime, as well as the men in his ashram.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

They would accept it and therefore eliminate a lot of unneeded suffering.

Resisting what is, is the cause of most suffering on the planet.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi