Surfingthewave

The Surrender Experiment

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone else tried Michael Singers methods of surrendering to life /god /consciousness? Not in a passive way but in the way of fully trusting reality and your experience. 

Interestingly amazing things have happened since I've begun this (recognition at work, deepening my relationships, life purpose results etc). 

The key is to be patient, let go of any resistance, any positive and negative judgments and trust the path life brings. 

@ajasatya Great, I shall look forward to what life brings, and yes it is an amazing book. 

@Nahm Ha, yes very familiar, he just wrote a book about it! Although the Step by step part lacked some clarity. 

@Surfingthewave

I really enjoyed reading the book few years ago. The story was inspiring but not enough clarity on how to apply it.

I started to listen to Abraham Hicks recently (thanks to @Nahm). She has a lot to say on step by step part. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Yes It is a good book... I still prefer Eckhart Tolle's 3 choices in every situation method: accept it; change it; or remove yourself from it. 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@dimitri Yes I'm going to look into this work, good suggestion. 

@VeganAwake I struggled with Eckharts methods, probably because I felt I had to choose out of three things, and changing something felt like I had to do something. The surrender experiment feels a bit more like the letting go method, but you're letting go of the positive /negative ideas of what happens and just let things be as they are.