DizIzMikey

Best Pillow For Sleep

12 posts in this topic

Might kinda sound silly ... but..I wanted to give something real basic to help with anyone that wakes up with neck pain maybe

http://www.techinsider.io/what-is-the-best-pillow-to-buy-2016-2

My recommendation to all of you is to research the best pillow for you so you don't have to wake up with any kind of pain and your spinal cord will thank you!

That's if you haven't done any research on it...I woke up with neck pain and I was like wtf!?!?.. oh..hello..my stinky stupid feathered pillow is the culprit lol

This might sound simple but...this could be seriously life changing...isn't it so funny.. a simple pillow can change the wellness of your life? lol

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS.. IM OFF TO DO MORE RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!

Have you found any good pillows yourself then? I mean any recommendations

This is what I have thus far, if anyone like to add or improve...please do

It basically comes down to this from my current research

A pillow should align the hip, back and neck to keep the spine as straight as possible.  - the biggest point

It "should" be noted that when you first adjust to a new pillow, there is a possibility of experiencing soreness and pain according to the Dr of this video, which makes "complete" sense to me.

Here is an article for the type of pillows that exist in the article

http://www.backdesigns.com/What-kind-of-sleep-pillow-is-best.aspx

CONTOURED NATURAL LATEX RUBBER PILLOWS  seem the way to go  if you don't mind sleeping on condoms. haha

memory foam I'm going with though - Pros: Provides the most precise and supportive positioning availabe 

Do not forget that each sleeper has a different position so that every person has different needs

Personally I'm going for the memory foam pillow, but I have this feeling the natural latex rubber pillow is superior for a side sleeper

Ideally my thought is that a pillow should be shaped for a specific person needs just like glasses, someone needs to become a pillow doctor  HAR HAR HAR HAR

*NOTE TO SELF* In order for you to be at peace you need to get to the point where you can hear anything and not be affected *NOTE TO SELF* 

http://onpurple.com/about-us/ a matress developed by a rocket scientist .. just found this..not much research done on this company or product FYI, LOVED you the youtube ad though

This is what I have thus far, if anyone like to add or improve...please do

I see you are interested in sleep science :) Optimizing sleep is important. Me - I sleep on plank pine.

For the past three months, I have slept on the floor. (I take out a sleeping bag as a mat; My parents shouldn't know that I don't use the bed..) You sleep way, way better on the floor. I feel more energized and dream more vividly. Actually, it just happened that I slept in my bed the last two nights (memory foam mattress, no pillow) and here is my experience: I felt an uneasiness, being unable to relax properly. Frequently turning. I woke with a feeling of tension in my body.

The best bed is no-bed. Our body is designed to sleep on the ground with our spine, our skeleton supporting our weight. When we sleep on a soft surface, we collapse and our weight is supported by the skin and our muscles. This inhibits muscle restoration, among other things.

Well, @bhawananancy, that's pretty strange to revive this topic since it was started in 2016, long before you've signed up. 
But, surely, everything that needs to be said has already been said. 

On 5/31/2016 at 7:12 AM, DizIzMikey said:

My recommendation to all of you is to research the best pillow for you so you don't have to wake up with any kind of pain and your spinal cord will thank you!

That's if you haven't done any research on it...I woke up with neck pain and I was like wtf!?!?.. oh..hello..my stinky stupid feathered pillow is the culprit lol

This might sound simple but...this could be seriously life changing...isn't it so funny.. a simple pillow can change the wellness of your life? lol

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS.. IM OFF TO DO MORE RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!

We all have our preferences, medical conditions, body types, different sleeping positions etc. So just posting "the (name) is best for sleep" is kinda ignorant. 
offtopic: my personal goal is to sleep without a pillow at all. As far as I know, that's much healthier (natural at least) for your neck to use your own shoulder instead of a high pillow. 

Edited by jane_ryder

The best and the comfiest pillow I've tried is the TruContour Thin Memory and is wonderful in terms of quality. If you need to buy it the links are available here!

On 6/15/2016 at 0:34 AM, Omega said:

I see you are interested in sleep science :) Optimizing sleep is important. Me - I sleep on plank pine.

For the past three months, I have slept on the floor. (I take out a sleeping bag as a mat; My parents shouldn't know that I don't use the bed..) You sleep way, way better on the floor. I feel more energized and dream more vividly. Actually, it just happened that I slept in my bed the last two nights (memory foam mattress, no pillow) and here is my experience: I felt an uneasiness, being unable to relax properly. Frequently turning. I woke with a feeling of tension in my body.

The best bed is no-bed. Our body is designed to sleep on the ground with our spine, our skeleton supporting our weight. When we sleep on a soft surface, we collapse and our weight is supported by the skin and our muscles. This inhibits muscle restoration, among other things.

Interesting that you say that. I've always been fond with sleeping on the floor. I find I can sleep anywhere if im tired enough lol

I like to have 2 pillows: one soft fluffy one and one spongy firmer one.  Then I find some arrangement of these two pillows to support my head and neck well as I sleep.

Your own arm or none.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

In hindsight it seems ridiculous to try to find a comfortable pillow that's not customizable. Pretty much every non-adjustable pillow I used has been either to soft or too firm, to high or too low... The easiest way to set up your pillow is to just put it on the bed without a pillowcase and lie down as you would sleeping. Then open the zipper and keep tossing out bits of foam filling, then zipping up again, until it's at the most comfortable loft. 

I use the Brooklyn Bedding memory foam pillow with charcoal cover, and also sleep with a body pillow cause I'm a side sleeper.