Stratos

Letting Go of something Big

10 posts in this topic

Last year I walked out of 4 year toxic relationship.( I still care for this girl because she ment a lot to me and was the only person who I think at least liked who I really was). Since then I've been through some serious mental issues which I managed to calm down with meditation and weed. In the process I realised that I also had a serious problem with letting go. So I started letting things go and it's been working for me quite nicely. The problem is that I really want to let go of that relationship because I know that memories and feelings can emerge again at any time and make me go back to the dark hole I used to be. 

So, how can I let go of that?

P.S I thought that 100 mg of LSD or a DMT (5-MEO) experience whould greatly increase my chances of letting it go..

Thank you All in Advance

Take the current connotation of letting go, and let it go. Suppressing the feeling with a substance, is not letting go, it’s fearing feelings. Feel the feelings, fearlessly. Consider fear is in the closet, and you don’t want to open the door and look, because, fear. The wild thing is, the fear is not opening the door. Because when you do look in the closet, the punchline (relief) is, it’s empty. 

We are very sneaky beings. “It” isn’t “big”, it’s just a feeling, and a thought which implies “big”. It’s just fear. See it, look at it. 

Don’t beat up on yourself, that’s just more sneakery, easily notable by the fact that it doesn’t feel good. You would not consciously choose to not feel good. So when you don’t feel good, recognizing that something unconscious is at play, is becoming conscious. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Maximus Nice video ?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Stratos Maybe keep reminding yourself why you walked out (ie. It was toxic). Write down what was toxic about the relationship. Give your rational mind a chance to over-ride the emotional body a bit. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I would try a light dose of shrooms with the intention of working through it. In a dark safe environment with no distractions. You are going to have to actually work through it. There is a root issue that is still causing this attachment after this much time. Use this as something to grow from and advance yourself. Not something that holds you back and makes you depressed.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your time and support on my issue. I will try out your tactics and let you know of the end results

Edited by Stratos

@Stratos Yes, do keep us posted and good luck!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 06/11/2019 at 0:33 AM, Stratos said:

Last year I walked out of 4 year toxic relationship.( I still care for this girl because she ment a lot to me and was the only person who I think at least liked who I really was). Since then I've been through some serious mental issues which I managed to calm down with meditation and weed. In the process I realised that I also had a serious problem with letting go. So I started letting things go and it's been working for me quite nicely. The problem is that I really want to let go of that relationship because I know that memories and feelings can emerge again at any time and make me go back to the dark hole I used to be. 

So, how can I let go of that?

P.S I thought that 100 mg of LSD or a DMT (5-MEO) experience whould greatly increase my chances of letting it go..

Thank you All in Advance

Become acutely aware of the present moment right now. Listen to the sounds in the room. Feel the chair you are sitting on. Feel your breath moving in and out. Get very still. Watch your thoughts. Are you present in the moment or are you day dreaming? Be honest with yourself. 

Notice that every thought of something, whether it be a good thought or a bad thought is only a trick that is designed by your mind in order to keep you from experiencing life. 

Just admit to yourself that this is true. That you can see how every thought is only keeping you from understanding something profound. 

Don't think about it. Just make the connection between a thought of the past (your relationship) and feelings of need and want.

If you can continue to observe your mind and what it's actual purpose is you will then start to feel very relaxed and happy in your body. Content. At peace. One. Fulfilled. Whole.

That is the truth which your mind keeps you from recognizing . The truth is you don't, ever have, or ever will need anyone, any thing, or any special condition in your life to make you happy.

If you can truly become present and understand that you alone are enough and that you alone are all you have really been looking for, then you can truly let go of whatever you have been holding onto.

Once you do this you will have weakened the bind this old realationship has on you. 

Every time you just allow yourself to rest as whole and complete perfection in the present moment you weaken this bond even further until one day you notice that it's completely gone.

You don't have to do anything except be there as the observer of your mind. 

It took so many attempts to put the stillness exercise in my life not knowing it's full potential, leading me to fail again and again. Thank you, Nikky for clarifying this to me.

Edited by Stratos

@Stratos What is REALLY keeping you from letting that go?

Think deeply about that and don't take that from granted.

I really think that this can help you