outlandish

Would the world be a better place if it was more Psychedelic?

8 posts in this topic

Do you think the world would be a better place if it was more Psychedelic?

This is an old, and debatable idea, and there are many different ways to approach an answer. In the early days of the first psychedelic renaissance, back in the 1950-1970s, psychedelics were viewed by many as the antidote to the violence of war, the Gaian response to the invention of the Atom Bomb, and so on. It certainly spurned a cultural revolution in that era.

There are different ways to view the history that played out from that time, but by the 80s, psychedelic culture had been driven underground. Only now are we beginning to see a second psychedelic renaissance. I hope this time around we can learn from the mistakes of the past, and do it even better.

Perhaps everything is just right as-is, and we should just leave it to unfold as it does. Psychedelics aren't for everyone, and people that are interested are finding their ways towards it. Perhaps this is just-right, and we're at a sweet spot of availability, vs. protecting those who won't benefit. Therapeutic uses are slowly emerging, and becoming accepted, and this is undoubtedly a good thing. Ayahuasca ceremonies aren't too hard to find if you're wealthy, or live in the right place, magic mushrooms can be grown at home, keeners can procure acid from the depths of the internet.

But maybe psychedelics are part of the answer to the problems humanity faces, and it's worth taking a more active role in helping to increase access, visibility, de-stigmatize, perhaps even promote.. maybe it would be lazy and irresponsible to sit back and not help this thing grow.

Obviously this can go the wrong way, and the last thing we'd like to see is a sort of psychedelic evangelism, but I do wonder if it's worth gently nudging the world in the psychedelic-direction. If so, how hard should the nudge be, how active should one be? If not, what do you think should be done? Maybe even, we should stuff the genie back in the bottle?

What are your thoughts? Are there any specific actions you take, or avoid? How open are you about/towards psychedelics?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

In practice every technology gets abused by devils.

Since more than 50% of the world population is stage Blue or below, psychedelics would not work worldwide. But they can work in the most advanced cities and countries with proper regulation and education. The educational component is crucial. Something like Actualized.org is needed to create a theoretical framework for existential inquiry.

Giving random people psychedelics is bound to create some disastrous situations which prompt regulators to crack down on it. Just like happened in the 60's. People were doing psychedelics without any proper theoretical framework. This framework still largely does not exist. One of my goals is to create that framework.

Yes, it's worth pushing society to embrace psychedelics. There will be some minor disasters along the way but it will be worth it in the end. This movement is really no different than pushing for the abolition of slavery. Similar hurdles will be faced. What we're talking about here is changing deep cultural paradigms. The deeper the paradigm, the harder it will be to change, the more you will demonized for trying to change it.

But it will happen regardless. It's only a question of time.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes, the psychedelic revolution 2.0 is brewing in the shadows. One day it will be upon us and people will be shocked by how quickly things unfold.

It's like bamboo growing its roots for 10 years before it bursts to the surface like...well... bamboo.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:04 PM, Leo Gura said:

The educational component is crucial. Something like Actualized.org is needed to create a theoretical framework for existential inquiry.

I agree, before I stumbled into actualized.org I was doing LSD a couple times a month, if I had a more soild framework before those countless trips I know I could have gone so much deeper. Don't reget them though, they were all very beautiful. Thank you for helping me understand all those trips on a deeper level Leo!

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

As Leo said about the importance of framework, I think that the internet, access to Leo's and other high consciousness teacher's books and videos and forums like this are more important than access to psychedelics. 

That said there needs to be a balance of understanding and experiencing. For some like me, the experiencing is natural and I spent a lot of my life believing it was very problematic and trying to be more "normal" and "sane". The understanding I got from the teaching allowed the experience to bloom out on it's own once I understood it for what it was and was brave enough to cultivate/allow it... in a somewhat safe and controlled way. xD

As long as the access to information and understanding exponentially increases ahead of the popularity and availability of psychedelics, I think it will be a good thing. I also think that having people who have been through deep awakenings available for support is super important. I have no idea what I would have done without the forum 6 months ago, and even then having no one who had been through it in person I could reach out to was very difficult at times. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost