Thalie

The Now

10 posts in this topic

What does it REALLY .... mean to Live in the present moment ?

Can we live in the Now all the time ?

My thoughts go from the past to the future and I try to Focus again to bring it in the now.

How would I know that I am really in the Now ? I find that there are different types of being in the Now :

- When I am totally absorbed in something. In that moment, it seems that you and the thing you are absorbed merge together and is One. It's like you are more than 100% in the now.

- I am in the Now but the past and future are also in the now. It's like I am fully present in the now.

- I don't know whether I am or not in the now. Yesterday I was driving, I asked myself "Am I in the now or not ?". To make "sure" I was in the now, I started using my senses and asked myself questions like : What do I see ? Cars, sky ... What do I smell ? etc ...  i felt like I was in kindergarten !

Trying to stay in the now ... feels I am going Slow motion. Kind of : drag on ...  An example: I am eating Now. What am I doing now ? Eating ! Suddenly being conscious I am indeed eating gives the process of eating a different flavour.  May be I have never ever consciously lived in the Now and that it why it feels unatural.

I would like to know How do you live your NOW everyday ? Can you do it every moment ? 

Notice all your thoughts, memories and senses are happening Now. There is NOTHING else other than Now. So there is no other choice than to be Now, as it is all there is. So with that you can see your questions don't make sense. 

@Thalie Im always in the now, because the now is the only thing there is. There have been a few times that I've been able to understand that time doesn't exist, and those times I felt complete freedom from the ego. The ego was gone, and along with it the fear was gone. There was just the authentic me, nothing had changed except purity of heart. The ego and time makes no sense to me when I'm authentic. 

You know when you're fully in the now and the ego is gone. It's unmistakable and the world is an entirely different place. You don't have to ask anymore questions because everything is already complete and whole.

The problem is being there more consistently. The ego is cunning and usually gets its way. I think a lot of energy is needed at first, which is probably why retreats are a good thing. 

@Thalie Its not that everything itself is one or merges into one, it's an understanding and feeling that everything is complete, whole, as it should be. Everything is as it should be and you are also as you should be.

That's the feeling. You will know instantly when you're truly in the now, because of that understanding and feeling. 

Thanks for your replies. It's so simple and makes sense. Now it "clicks".

I am very grateful for this forum as it allows me to clarify the confusion in my mind. Having a platform to share, help with people who have the same passion is a GIFT. 

14 hours ago, Thalie said:

What does it REALLY .... mean to Live in the present moment ?

Can we live in the Now all the time ?

My thoughts go from the past to the future and I try to Focus again to bring it in the now.

How would I know that I am really in the Now ? I find that there are different types of being in the Now :

- When I am totally absorbed in something. In that moment, it seems that you and the thing you are absorbed merge together and is One. It's like you are more than 100% in the now.

One exercise I like. . . Look at your right hand. Look at at all the details. Wiggle your fingers. Watch and feel. Touch your right hand with your left hand. . . Now put your hands behind your back and imagine your hands. . . Do you *get* the difference. It's not just an intellectual thing. The substance of actually looking and feeling your hand is very very different than imagining your hand. . . Now feel the shirt on your shoulder's. Listen to the sounds occurring now. Look at something now. . . Now imagine your birth. Imagine your parents. Imagine China. . . Observe those images arises now. All there is is Now. Stop Now from happening Now. It can't be done. All there is is Now. You know this to be true. There is nothing closer to truth than Now. You don't need any evidence to prove to you that Now is happening. The Truth of Now is prior to all evidence and you Know Now. 

Once there is realization that there is only Now, there is no past and future. These are just constructs occurring Now. Since there is only Now, there is no actual past and future. Thus there isn't even Now. How can there be Now without past and future? The term now assumes a past and future. So, we can simply say ISness.

Yet of course, constructs of past, present and future and useful to navigate life. 

Living is Being  (i.e Existing). Ask yourself  'Am I being, (i.e., existing) in this moment right now?" Be aware of being (existing), in this moment right now.
Can you Be or Exist,anywhere else other than in this moment. Now /this moment is not a "thing" that can be caught or grasped by thinking or thought". The "I" of the mind or "I" mental concept (ego) being a thought, can never get to or be in this moment because it is, (as with all thought), bound to time.
To Be in this moment,the mental "I" concept drops away. It disappears and it is found that this moment is timeless. It is also found that "I" (true I or true Self),am also timeless. In essence,you are the ever existing,ever living timeless moment.

Trying, (i.e. grasping), to be in the moment is what keeps it elusive.
Let your thoughts,the world,everything, go,
And Be Aware of Being/Existing.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

20 hours ago, Thalie said:

What does it REALLY .... mean to Live in the present moment ? Nothing. To add meaning to “now”, you’d have to reference past / future. 

Can we live in the Now all the time ? Have you been anywhen else?

My thoughts go from the past to the future and I try to Focus again to bring it in the now. You can’t “focus into now” because you didn’t leave. Thoughts are about past or future, they never “go there”. (That’s not semantical - really try to see the content / implication from the actuality. When you notice a thought about the past or future, inspect the why of it. It stands to uncover deeper beliefs like need, lack, judgement, etc)

How would I know that I am really in the Now ? You can never be in the now, because you are not a separate ‘thing’ which could be “in” some other thing. This is probably sounding like word games, but it’s representative of the sneakiness of thoughts and can be scrutinized to revelation. 

I find that there are different types of being in the Now : Being = Now. Now = Infinite Being. It is all a present. Even the making it seem like there’s past, present, future, is a gift /present.

- When I am totally absorbed in something. In that moment, it seems that you and the thing you are absorbed merge together and is One. It's like you are more than 100% in the now. In such a moment, there’s no thought of “merge”, which is to say, there’s no subtle division / two-things-thinking, just the actuality. 

- I am in the Now but the past and future are also in the now. It's like I am fully present in the now. Ya. A magic Being, appearing as everything changing. That’s you. What is eternal and forgets appears as time. What is infinite and forgets appears as space / things. Space & time are space-time (infinite being),

- I don't know whether I am or not in the now. Yesterday I was driving, I asked myself "Am I in the now or not ?". To make "sure" I was in the now, I started using my senses and asked myself questions like : What do I see ? Cars, sky ... What do I smell ? etc ...  i felt like I was in kindergarten !

Nip the doubtful ness in the bud, rather than entertaining the notion. 

Trying to stay in the now ... feels I am going Slow motion. Kind of : drag on ...  An example: I am eating Now. What am I doing now ? Eating ! Suddenly being conscious I am indeed eating gives the process of eating a different flavour.  May be I have never ever consciously lived in the Now and that it why it feels unatural.

I would like to know How do you live your NOW everyday ? Can you do it every moment ? 

It’s already the actuality. The mind implies otherwise. It can be helpful to contemplate the actuality of ‘change’. 

For fun.... when you eat an apple, when does it technically stop being an apple, and start being the body?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Now=Infinite Love 

Most Perfect existance. Brilliance and Perfection. 

Love you All. All is Love. Love Love Love. Childlike Source, I am such a kid hahaha Well Best thing ever. 

What kid does when he is afraid, makes up stories. 

Kiddo is not afraid of boogeyman under his bed Kiddo is afraid of himself. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity