Leeeon

Tripping with friends who are not into spirituality or Self improvement

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone , so in about a week im going to take LSD with two of my friends.

I have tripped about 25 times in my life and would consider myself a competent psyconaut and also fairly "actualised".

But i know that my friends haven't really figured life or themselves out jet, so i just wanted to ask if you guys have any good advice for me.

@Leeeon Just wondering- have your friends tripped before or is this their first time? Will there be a trip-sitter who isn't tripping?

No they haven't, and i will be the Trip-sitter.

Well, the plan is that we all take about 30 ug.

So i will be tripping while i tripsit.

10 minutes ago, Leeeon said:

No they haven't, and i will be the Trip-sitter.

Well, the plan is that we all take about 30 ug.

So i will be tripping while i tripsit.

You will be tripping off 30ug ?

3 minutes ago, Leeeon said:

I have become very sensitive to LSD...

Your friends are too?

Edit: I see it's their first time, so, you can't know, but if you give them 30ug, I don't think they will be feeling the effects that much. Let alone be tripping...

Edited by JonasVE12

1 minute ago, JonasVE12 said:

Your friends are too?

What? :D

1 minute ago, Leeeon said:

What? :D

If they're as sensitive to lsd as you that they will be feeling the effects off 30ug. What is their intend for tripping by the way?

@JonasVE12

16 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

Edit: I see it's their first time, so, you can't know, but if you give them 30ug, I don't think they will be feeling the effects that much. Let alone be tripping...

Yeah, your probably right, but i just want them to get their feet wet.

12 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

What is their intend for tripping by the way?

Mostly just to see what LSD is like.

But i did urged them to write down questions they are interested in beforehand.

Edited by Leeeon

I think:
• it's better to know friends intention before considering tripping with them
• it's better to do 121 trips rather than group tripping
• 30ug is not ideal dose to start. If they want a microdose − give them 10ug, if they want full dose − 100ug
• you are super sensitive and they are not, so you will be tripping and they are not? do you think it's a good idea? I would suggest to be sober if you are responsible sitter
• I would educate them before the trip (talk to them, or send some Leo's videos)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I would not educate them too much. Most "normies" simply want to enjoy the altered state of consciousness.

• Listening to their favorite songs on LSD
  • Eating fruits on LSD
  • Maybe watching cartoons or just doing other funny stuff

Of course this is not effective nor optimal for tripping. But most people authentically want to do these things. In once tripped with a friend who was not into consciousness work and he got pretty pissed when I critisized him listening to music. I was kinda indoctrinated by Leos video where he basically advises against all the activities above. But remember that you have a completely different background and experiences. Most people simply find it too counterintuitive not to do fun stuff when it is even more fun on LSD.

So I would say:

• Make sure that the setting is solid (not going to a nightclub, making sure they have no obligations the next day, make sure everybody is in a positive state and not depressed at that time). So basically preventing some kind of catastrophy
  • Be ready to asist them wen the trip goes south
  • And if everybody is in a good state, let them do their trip intuitevly, not judge any "stupid" behaviors

After the first trip you can pick the friends who seem more eager to really do work with psychedelics and introduce them to what this would look like.

@Ferdi Le  :D

Yes! , thank you.

That is pretty much how i'm planning to approach it.

I feel like they would be overwhelmed if i talked to them too much about selfimprovement/nonduality.

Edited by Leeeon

I'm thinking closer to 100ug. It's hard to get a feeling for anything lower than that

Everyone should start from small, because it affects everyone differently, so it's best to gradually up the dose in later trips. So 30ug as a first 'hello' to lsd is OK for me. 

@Stef_BG

Yeah, my friends will probably be more drawn to entertaining themselves then exploring the ultimate nature of reality or working on their mental hangups, so i just want them to have a nice Introduction to the experience.

But who knows what will happen.

I think it's best to not overwhelm people with these sort of things or at least i believe that it is the right policy for me to take in this specific situation (:

20 hours ago, Ferdi Le said:

I would not educate them too much. Most "normies" simply want to enjoy the altered state of consciousness.

Totally agree. Let your friends come to their own conclusions and have their experience, without trying to guide them in any way at all. Everyone has their own path and you can't force a flower to bloom by peeling open the bud. If they are ready for some deep insights, they will come to them on their own, and it will be more meaningful to experience them first hand.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish I agree,

we also planned to watch howls moving castle so im sure it'll be a magical experience either way :D

Everything went well, but it didnt seem to have a longterm positive effect on them.. sadly