MsNobody

Feminine and masculine applied to Spiral Dynamics

9 posts in this topic

I’ve been thinking about my transition to orange to green, and also the yellow part in me. I’ve noticed that orange has a more masculine approach of production, action, capitalism itself. While green is a more feminine approach of nurturing and loving. And as for yellow I noticed the left brain way of thinking, again more rational and logical, masculine approach.

I see myself embodying green Stage now, but I’m a little confused. I was an extrovert people pleaser in the past and now I like to spend time by myself which makes me an introvert, but since stage green is all about community I wonder if I’m deluding myself and am going backwards to stage orange. I’m a pretty loving person but I’m in a point where I’m focusing in my own growth, and I don’t get much energy from being around people, I do have my friends and I love them, I really appreciate one on one conversations but I’m not part of a community and don’t feel like joining one, cause I feel like even the green ones have some shade of blue in it, do I really need to go through that to embody green? I’m also much more logical and focused now, so my concern here is either I’m going back to orange or going towards yellow, the ego is a little bitch sometimes so I like to be aware of my bs ? 

I would appreciate any comments 

And also would love to discuss about the feminine and masculine polarity applied on spiral dynamics

Oh and I noticed most of the people on the yellow stage thread are predominantly men, very interesting, I’m not trying to bring any feminist discussion here, just trying to see different perspectives. 

Thank you! 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

This was addressed in my videos:

• Spiral Dynamics - Important Nuances
  • Spiral Dynamics - Areas of Application

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I used to be hyper focused on achieving goals and such. But then I realized that I enjoyed having deep conversations with people close to me much more than being so future focused. I am definitely an introvert. But I love community and close relationships. People tend to ground me in the present much more than anything else (in addition to fitness).

I also used to be a people pleaser but now I don't waste time on people who don't interest me. I tend to focus my attention more on deep thinking introverts who I believe are also at stage green. Some greens are very strange. They tend to have very strange woo-woo beliefs that just annoy me. But that's not true for all. That said, I'll take a weird green over an obsessive orange any day.

I don't think that being at green necessarily means you are community oriented. Especially if you are an introvert. I think what happens at green is you see the value in having relationships in general, and come to see physical and mental health as a priority, which I believe is what relationships bring to the table.

The other shift I noticed is that I care what happens to society as a whole. I genuinely care for the well being of others. I used to lean more right on the political spectrum but now I identify much more with the left.

I personally think you can value your alone time and be at stage green. I don't think that green means that you are a social butterfly.

@MsNobody  in what sense are you embodying yellow? i`m just a little confused, if it is without including people without building a network how could you say you are yellow? maybe for now you are in some kind of cocooning phase to integrate your newly discovered aspects. in some sense the frustration about often superficial and loose tied relationships as an extrovert made you tired because you saw how orange most people are, so you discovered what you don`t want. in general of course you could say in a lot of cases beige, red, orange, yellow do have more male energy because they are the tougher more self centered ones and we percive these as more masculine aspects. if you are well developed in these aspects you might not only want to look into green, but into purple, blue, green and then turquoise to realize that you might didn`t leave blue behind yet. the introvertedness i see that as an aspect of or counterreaction to blue. but that`s just my own colour coding, maybe you can find out in what sense that is true for you. getting more connected to yellow people with green aspects, you might integrate green more naturally. there is no one without a tendency to either the thriving energy colours or the protective growing colours. moving into green makes one also more sensitive, so i guess protecting that is quite often the case in the beginning.

Edited by remember

I feel like emphasis on the communal aspect of Green is a generalization. I think you can certainly embody Green without necessarily being in a community. There are many aspects, like caring for nature/people/animals, enjoying art, liberal views, interest spirituality, broad circle of concern etc., that don't specifically require a commune.

Also, whether you are a communal person will depend on your personality type. Personality types explain a lot, and go much deeper than extrovert or introvert. MBTI is a good start, but a more serious typology system is Socionics. Two types at the same S.D. stage can look very differently.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

24 minutes ago, Arthur said:

I feel like emphasis on the communal aspect of Green is a generalization. I think you can certainly embody Green without necessarily being in a community. There are many aspects, like caring for nature/people/animals, enjoying art, liberal views, interest spirituality, broad circle of concern etc., that don't specifically require a commune.

Also, whether you are a communal person will depend on your personality type. Personality types explain a lot, and go much deeper than extrovert or introvert. MBTI is a good start, but a more serious typology system is Socionics. Two types at the same S.D. stage can look very differently.

if you go really deeply into it, all colours are about social aspects, doesn`t mean that you have to connect to a community to go through a stage, but to really embody any colour, identity in that colour and about that colour shapes and grows with being in contact with people who embody that colour, so every person will seek out aspects of their actual colour coding in people in the outside, it`s also about getting to know oneself better and finding out about options on how to embody the colour we presently are in, most of the time. or at least having some options to live out our colour. and all colours can have forms of self separation from social life. green can have very separatitic tendencies especially if the outside world is stuck in a lower colour. no one has to be in a certain way, we have phases of self stabilization and reorganisation, we are all social beings though, development never really happens without others, and if it`s a book you read or the food you eat. green is more fun with some likeminded and so is yellow, be it support we recive or being supportive, interaction makes us grow.

@ivory personally, I achieve goals too.

i want to apply Leo’s stuff to Humanity 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~!