jd1279

Is Bernie Sanders a populist?

9 posts in this topic

Is Bernie Sanders a populist? Sort of similar to Trump and his rhetoric. They both talk about taking on the establishment and elites and claim the system (and the media) is rigged and biased against them. Is Sanders' populism different from Trump's or are they two sides of the same coin? 

I think you HAVE to be a populist in order to have a chance in that race. Doesn't make the racer worse tho

Edited by Hello from Russia

@jd1279 They have different orientations, intentions and desires. In terms of SD, Trump is a mixture of red, blue and lower orange. Bernie is solid Green.

Yes, but the difference is that Sanders is genuinely concerned about little people. Trump is not. Trump is obsessed with materialism and wealth and fame. So he's just an oligarch in populist clothing.

It's not enough to speak populism. You have to walk your talk. You can't be a serious populist if live in a $100 million dollar house and play golf every weekend with millionaires.

A real populist would care about the lowest classes of society. Trump is the opposite of that. He only uses populist language when it suits his rise to the top.

This is a classic tactic. It's called demagogery. Nazis, fascists, and Communists were masters at this.

P.S. Funny enough, Bill Gates lives in a $100 million house, yet he still cares about helping poor people. So it's complicated. It is possible to be rich and still care a lot about little people. But it tends to be rare. And Trump certainly isn't that way. What really matters is not your wealth but your level of consciousness and compassion for others. It's no accident that wealthy people often lack compassion because they needed to be ruthless to earn their wealth in the first place. It's very hard to earn a billion dollars without being ruthlessly exploitative.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:49 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's very hard to earn a billion dollars without being ruthlessly exploitative.

It's very hard to earn a billion dollars. There are rumors of exploitative tactics used by microsoft.

Microsoft and Apple are known to sue repair technicians because repair technicians slow down the rate of material churning.

Microsoft put Eric Lundgren in prison for copying windows restore CDs that are available for free on the internet.

If bill gates cared about little people, why would he let microsoft put Eric Lundgren in prison?

Edited by CreamCat

7 hours ago, CreamCat said:

If bill gates cared about little people, why would he let microsoft put Eric Lundgren in prison?

Lol, Gates is too busy with other things to bother with such minutia.

Also understand that no single person runs a conpany as large as Microsoft. Microsoft is a super-organism of its own. It's way beyond Bill Gates.

Caring about little people doesn't mean you save every person.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Caring about little people doesn't mean you save every person.

I wonder whether attacking repair industry is a big enough issue for him to notice. Putting repair shop owners in prison next to rapists and murderers doesn't feel right to me.

Louise Rossman said Eric Lundgren was put in prison because he couldn't make the judge born in 1943 understand the difference between a free restore disk and a license key.

The judges don't know much about technical issues, and technology companies exploit their lack of expertise to make sure that customers are not able to fix their computers. If they cannot fix their computers, they are going to buy new computers.

I wonder whether AI judges can mitigate the expertise problem in the future. As I wrote before, artificial intelligence can do a lot of mental tasks in the future. An artificially intelligent judge can read many wikipedia pages to learn about technical issues such as the difference between a free restore disk and a license key.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat bill Gates is a complex person.

while on one hand he’s  making safe toliets, nuclear factory’s, and solving decease.

and on another he funds the Avid program with BS classes that haven’t been shown to improve results. And his bill and Melinda foundation have been proven to fake the results for AVID and do it to avoid taxes.

plus I mean he’s probably rationalizing it in his head like Jeff besos ,  “oh well I’m improving humanity and you’re not, who cares about the workers. I’m using my money to help Africa.”

plus us the ultimate rationization: I can either spend my time saving 100 kids in Africa each day or protect the repairs men.

again, very complex 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~!