Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pluto

Powerful Video on Effects of Social Media Addiction

7 posts in this topic

Nice to see people become more aware of this :)

B R E A T H E

2 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@pluto Thanks for sharing this.

I'm currently taking a break from Instagram/Snapchat and i feel great... 

Going to take a week off and then check back in for 5-10 minutes.

I even experiencing this on actualized.org or just being on the computer in general, we just aren't designed by nature to be technologically overstimulated in this way. The more overstimulated our nervous system becomes, the bigger the ego, because when our system is overstimulated AKA threatened, ego is the self-defence mechanism of choice.

Just observe someone who does meditation, self-actualization and the many things people do and suggest on actualized.org for example, while being active on social media and modern technology ect.. and compare him to someone who does no spiritual practice or self-work but simply lives one with nature and does not interact much with the modern chaos and lives simply alone, works on his garden and takes care of animals and has no phone, tv or internet connection and you will notice this person still has much less of an Ego than he who does all spiritual work but stays technologically active all the time.

We just aren't designed for it, its slowly degrading who we are by creating false stimuli. Now, how we choose to use it and how often can be beneficial for this day and age especially if we are self-aware but the key here is make sure you are using it, not it using you.

Less is more :)

B R E A T H E

I created this set of links and shared it via reddit on the Nosurf subreddit some time back. Thought I'd share here with everyone. Content is dualistic, but truly gold nonetheless. Our society needs this content. Even this yt channel speaking at this level is beyond alot of humanity right now. Spiral Wizards could be Flowing with the Grind more :)

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

it`s even possible to go on media addiction rehab - for those who didn`t know.

It can enhance it in some ways, but yeah it is pretty toxic. I have a hard time with facebook use. Probably an hour a day or so. Maybe more sometimes. I unfollowed all of my "friends" and garbage stuff. My feed mostly just shows me groups that are all pertaining to the business I am in. Hard to determine if it is worth it or not. It is addicting for sure. But I do have to admit I learn something everyday with it, but I imagine I could invest the time better. I have done a few 30 days without it this year. Probably due for another soon. 

My issue seems to fall on it just being an easy escape I think. I don't watch tv at all, but I do watch youtube. And I game occasionally maybe once a month. Cutting out all of the electronics is pretty hard. I had it going during the week days without it and it was pretty difficult. But I would end up spending time reading and stuff like that. To be fair I spend most of the day working right now anyway. So it isn't like these things have taken over, but they are a crutch. 

I don't miss facebook at all. Will be taking this advice and unplugging for a good while with other forms of social media.