Raphael

Let's get pratical #1: 1h of meditation per day

222 posts in this topic

31 December 2019

Time: 52 minutes 37 seconds
Eyes always closed: Yes

Summary: I found this session very difficult, I tried to bring love to help me, but failed to do it. I was a little sleepy and moved my body a lot near the end. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

1 January 2020

Time: 0 seconds
Eyes always closed: No

Summary: I was very lazy and didn't meditate today.

Edited by Raphael

19 hours ago, Justine said:

@Raphael this is a great journal, very inspiring, how are you doing now?? 

Thanks. I feel good, but I'm currently recalibrating myself as I loosed momentum at the end of the year.

2 January 2020

Time: 1 hour

Summary: The session went pretty good, I had a lot of thoughts, but I almost didn't move my body except near the end. I felt lighter when I opened my eyes.

3 January 2020

Time: 56 minutes 8 seconds

Summary: I had more difficulties meditating then yesterday, I moved my body a lot more and was pretty sweaty because of the heat. I was also distracted by all the noises outside. I didn't felt a difference of consciousness when I opened my eyes.

4 January 2020

Time: 1 hour

Summary: Today's meditation was very intense. They were a lot of external noises and I had a lot of thoughts, but I almost didn't move my body and kept my back straight for almost all the session. I definitely felt more conscious when I opened my eyes, my mind was also clearer and calmer.

5 January 2020

Summary: Today's meditation was a little more difficult and painful than yesterday, but I kept it up. I had a lot of thoughts, but I didn't move my body a lot except near the end. I felt lighter when I opened my eyes, but I had some back pain.

6 January 2020

Summary: I was a little sad during this meditation because of a bad social experience yesterday, it's clear that I still have social anxiety issues. I didn't let the sadness put down my meditation, so I pushed through the 1 hour anyway. I moved my body quite a lot near the end. I felt lighter when I opened my eyes.

7 January 2020

Summary: I found this session a little more difficult than yesterday as I was quite sleepy. I had a lot of thoughts but didn't move my body that much, except near the end, I also searched my nose at a moment. I felt calmer and more conscious when I opened my eyes.

8 January 2020

Time: 56 minutes 55 seconds
Eyes always closed: No

Summary: I was very agitated today, I had a lot of thought and moved my body a lot. I was angry thinking about the stupidity of stage blue. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

@Raphael I highly recommend you read The Mind Illuminated. It will give you a map to see how your meditation can progress through different stages. It's been a game changer for my meditation practice recently.

40 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Raphael I highly recommend you read The Mind Illuminated. It will give you a map to see how your meditation can progress through different stages. It's been a game changer for my meditation practice recently.

Thank you for your recommendation, but I don't think I will have the time to read it. I'm struggling to maintain the 1 hour, I think I'm going to brute force it.

@Raphael Okay no problem. If you ever feel stuck in your meditation or you're unsure if you're progressing properly etc keep that book in mind. It's excellent, I can't recommend it enough.

9 January 2020

Time: 30 minutes 29 seconds

Summary: I was a little too exhausted today to be able to meditate properly, I was also quite agitated and had a lot of thoughts. I got the need to poo in the middle, so I stopped here and I didn't felt more conscious.

10 January 2020

Summary: I was quite tense today and also stressed because of my freelancing business, I had an insane amount of thoughts but I didn't move my body a lot except near the end. I kept it up and did the full hour, I felt a little calmer, clearer, and more conscious when I opened my eyes.

11 January 2020

Summary: I tried to concentrate on my breath but didn't really succeed because my monkey mind was too loud, I also move my body quite a lot. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

Edited by Raphael

12 January 2020

Time: 1 hour
Eyes always closed: Yes

Summary: I tried to concentrate on my breath today and return to it every times I get caught in thoughts. I lost it a lot and was not that much aware when it was happening. I didn't move my body a lot, except near the end where I was a little more agitated. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

13 January 2020

Summary: The session went pretty well. I let my mind do whatever it wanted so I had a lot of thoughts, I didn't move my body a lot and my back was very straight all the time. I feel I have some devilish aspects in myself because I had some stage red very destructive thoughts, this needs to be fixed. I felt calmer when I opened my eyes, but I my back was painful.

14 January 2020

Summary: I tried to concentrate on my breath and it was pretty challenging, I didn't maintain the concentration for the full hour, in fact, I let it go after some time, my concentration is not really good. At a moment, I felt I had a pic of energy in my forehead, it felt strange. I move my body a little, I had a lot of thoughts, and I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.