Raphael

Let's get pratical #1: 1h of meditation per day

222 posts in this topic

2 February 2020

Time: 1 hour
Eyes always closed: Yes

Summary: The session went well, I let go of everything, I had a lot of thoughts, but I didn't move my body too much and I kept my back straight all the time. The ending was a little more difficult and my ass hurt a little, but I felt calmer and more conscious when I opened my eyes.

2 February 2020

Summary: I decided to do another meditation session today, it's the first time that I do more than 1 hour in one day. In total, I did 2 hours today, but it was separated by several hours. The second session was fine, I had a lot of thoughts, but I also had some moments where I felt very lightweight, it was like I was merging with everything. I didn't move my body a lot and kept my back straight during the entire meditation. I was a little sweaty when I opened my eyes and I didn't felt more conscious.

3 February 2020

Summary: Today's session went well, I focused on my fan sound, lost my focus, come back to it, again and again. I didn't move my body a lot, except near the end where the meditation started to become more difficult. I felt calmer clearer, and more conscious when I opened my eyes.

4 February 2020

Summary: The session went really well, I had a lot of thoughts, but I almost didn't move my body. As usual, the ending was a little more difficult, I was very tight near the end. I felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

5 February 2020

Time: 43 minutes

Summary: The session went really well, I was very calm, very peaceful and blissful, it was like heaven. Unfortunately, I got interrupted by several text messages on my phone. A client needed to make a call to discuss some stuff. Apart from that, it was a very great session, I felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

Edited by Raphael

Using Brute Force

I have been meditating for 1 hour since the beginning of December, however, I still didn't succeed in the challenge of doing 1 hour for 30 days without opening my eyes.

So what I'm going to do is to use brute and take full responsibility to achieve this goal, for that I will wake up early every day (max 6:30 AM) and meditate in the morning. My clients generally don't message me in the morning, so there's less chance that I get distracted. I will also avoid distracting myself with my phone and go straight to the meditation after the gym.

I'm now taking 100% responsibility to meditate for 1 hour for 30 days and I know that I will achieve this goal.

6 February 2020

Summary: The session went well even though I had a lot of thoughts and was a little sleepy. I didn't move my body a lot and kept my back straight for all the duration. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes and I had some back pain.

7 February 2020

Summary: The session went well even though some moments were a little harder and painful. I had a lot of thoughts and move my body at some times. I felt lighter, calmer, and more conscious when I opened my eyes, but my back hurt a little.

8 February 2020

Summary: The session went well, but I was also quite agitated sometimes and a little sleepy. I let my mind do whatever it wanted and I didn't control anything, I had an insane amount of thoughts. I didn't move my body a lot, except at a moment near the end. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

9 February 2020

Summary: This meditation went well overall, I let my mind anything that it wanted and I had an enormous amount of thoughts. I move my body a little sometimes, but I felt like this session went quicker than 1 hour. I felt calmer and clearer when I opened my eyes.

10 February 2020

Summary: I was quite agitated today, I originally wanted to focus on my fan's sound, but I failed because I wasn't able to control my thoughts. I did some movements with my hands, but I kept my back straight for the entire session. I felt a little calmer when I opened my eyes, but not a lot more conscious.

11 February 2020

Summary: I was agitated, tensed and stressed during today's meditation because I have some difficulties dealing with the pressure of my freelancing business. I moved my body sometimes and felt the need to poop during the session. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes and went directly to the toilet.

12 February 2020

Summary: I was both sleepy and agitated during this session. I did it in the evening which is not the best thing to do as I was tired after the end of my day. I move my body a lot, but I felt calmer when I opened my eyes.

13 February 2020

Summary: I was tired today as I meditated during the night again. I had a lot of thoughts and move my body sometimes. I didn't felt a difference in consciousness when I opened my eyes.

14 February 2020

Summary: The session went well even if I was a little sleepy. I had a lot of thoughts and move I body sometimes, but I felt like 1 hour went very fast, maybe like 20 or 30 minutes. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

15 February 2020

Summary: I didn't control anything and choose to let go of everything during this session. It went pretty well, I had a lot of thoughts, but I didn't move my body a lot, I also felt that this meditation went way faster than 1 hour. I felt calmer when I opened my eyes.

16 February 2020

Summary: The session went well even if some moments were a little more difficult and I was a little tired because it was almost midnight. I had a lot of thoughts, but I didn't move my body a lot. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

17 February 2020

Summary: The session was more difficult than yesterday, I was more agitated and also more tense. I move my body a little too much and I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

18 February 2020

Summary: I found it very difficult to maintain my state during this session. I let my mind do everything that it wanted and move my body a lot, however I felt a little calmer when I opened my eyes.

19 February 2020

Summary: This session was way better than yesterday, even though some moments were a little more painful. I had many thoughts an move my body a little sometimes, especially near the end. I felt calmer when I opened my eyes.