Raphael

Let's get pratical #1: 1h of meditation per day

222 posts in this topic

15 January 2020

Time: 1 hour
Eyes always closed: Yes

Summary: I initially wanted to focus on my breath, but my monkey mind took control instead. I had a lot of thoughts, but I also had moments where I felt very calm and lightweight in the chaos. I didn't move my body a lot and my back was very straight during all the session, however, I scratched myself quite a bit. I was a little more agitated near the end and I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

16 January 2020

Summary: I tried to concentrate on my breath, but it went like shit as I had an insane amount of thoughts. I was also more agitated today than yesterday, but I keet it up. I chose to let go of trying to concentrate near the end, counter-intuitively my monkey mind slowed down a lot. It seems like the more I'm trying to force something, the more my mind resists and mess things up. Until now, letting go is what has work best for me, so I think I will continue that way. I felt calmer and more conscious when I opened my eyes.

17 January 2020

Eyes always closed: No

Summary: I was stressed as I had a lot of thoughts on my freelancing business today. I opened my eyes at a moment because I thought someone was calling me, but it was not the case. I managed to keep to back straight during the session and I didn't move my body a lot. I felt calmer when I opened my eyes.

Edited by Raphael

18 January 2020

Summary: I was a little agitated and I had a lot of thoughts during the session. I moved my body at a moment and I also opened my eyes near the end because I received a message on Skype. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

19 January 2020

Summary: I was a little tired during this meditation as I did it just before going to bed instead of the morning. I was quite agitated, moved my body sometimes and had difficulties to keep it up, but did it anyway by using brute force. I felt really calmer and lighter when I opened my eyes.

20 January 2020

Summary: I was a little agitated during the session, I wanted to do some mindfulness, but I was too distracted by my thoughts. I moved my body sometimes, but I was felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

21 January 2020

Summary: I tried to be mindful during the session, it went well for a certain amount of time, but I then became more and more agitation. The ending was pretty hard where I moved my body a lot, I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

22 January 2020

Summary: I was a little agitated and had a lot of thoughts today. I also moved my body a lot, but I kept my eyes closed all the time. I felt a little calmer when I opened my eyes.

23 January 2020

Summary: I did some mindfulness today, I lost it and went back to it a lot. I didn't move my body that much except at two times. I feel like I'm more able to maintain the 1 hour per day. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

24 January 2020

Summary: I was angry during this session because I was thinking of a bad experience that happened yesterday. I don't know why, but I always attract shitty people who want to exploit me. The meditation was very painful and I moved my body a lot. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

25 January 2020

Time: 1 hour
Eyes always closed: This session went far better than yesterday. I just let go of everything so I had a lot of thoughts, but I almost didn't move my body and kept my back straight during all the meditation. I felt like this 1 hour went faster than usual, but I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

26 January 2020

Summary: The session went pretty well globally even though they were a lot of external noises. I tried to concentrate on my breath, loosed it a lot and then come back to it. I didn't move my body a lot, except near the end. At a moment I felt like I was merging with everything around me. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

Edited by Raphael

27 January 2020

Summary: The session went well even though I was tired as it was very late in the night. I had a lot of thoughts and I moved my body a little too much, but I also had moments where I felt very lightweight. I got disturbed by some mosquitoes during the session. It was almost midnight when I opened, I didn't felt more conscious and was a little dead lol. The time was to go to sleep!

28 January 2020

Summary: This meditation went very well. Even though I had a lot of thoughts, I was loving and happy during today's meditation. I almost didn't move my body, my back was very straight, and I had moments where I felt very lightweight. I felt more conscious and calmer when I opened my eyes. it was almost as if I was a different human being.

ive been following your journal, its very inspiring. I see youve been doing the hour a day for almost 4 months now? thats awesome. How different do you feel versus the beginning. How different are your meditations sessions then vs now and how you feel when your not meditating?

29 January 2020

Time: 53 minutes 55 seconds

Summary: I did my meditation late at night, I was tired and it caused me to stop before the 1 hour. I was very agitated, had a lot of thoughts and move my body a lot. Meditating just before going to bed is clearly not the best thing to do, the best time is at the beginning of the day when I'm refreshed and if it's not possible it's better to do it before 6 PM. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

11 hours ago, moon777light said:

ive been following your journal, its very inspiring. I see youve been doing the hour a day for almost 4 months now? thats awesome. How different do you feel versus the beginning. How different are your meditations sessions then vs now and how you feel when your not meditating?

Thank you. I started to push to 1 hour at the beginning of December, I was only doing 45 minutes before.

Generally, I feel I live my life more smoothly, it's like being naturally in a flow state (of course it's not the case all day). I still have issues, I still experience stress, I still can get angry, but it happens when I'm confronted with very unconscious people. I care less about small details, and I'm less perfectionist.

Currently, my meditations go well until 30 - 45 minutes, then I start to experience some back pain and to move my body. I still have a lot of thoughts, but I feel like I'm more able to meditate consistently for 1 hour than before.

30 January 2020

Time: 0 seconds

Summary: Too much work for today and some bad time management from myself. I prefer to go to bed instead of meditating to have enough sleep because tomorrow is going to be heavy too.

31 January 2020

Time: 48 minutes 57 seconds

Summary: I also did a late-night meditation, I was tired, I had a lot of thoughts and move my body a lot. I was also scratching myself a bit because I had an issue with my skin, maybe an allergy. I didn't felt more conscious when I opened my eyes.

Edited by Raphael

1 February 2020

Summary: This session went far better than yesterday, I still had a lot of thoughts, but I didn't move my body a lot. I felt a little refreshed when I opened my eyes.