Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Insight from smoking weed

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys here's an excerpt from my self-actualization blog i want to share with you guys. I don't if it's appropriate to double post like this so mods feel free to shut it down or let me know how that works.

Tonight i smoked weed and spent 90 minutes in the float tank. I came out with some insights, i'm nervous i won't be able to apply them because i'm in a rut right now, but we will see. 

List of insights

I have a formula for improving my life based on principles from the book "Psycho-Cybernetics" combined with moment to moment mindfulness. Set a goal with your thoughts, to overcome some worldly issue you are dealing with. For example, right now i need to clean my apartment but i've been procrastinating. After you deposit the goal, you must let go to the moment, and let your body and mind go to work to accomplish the goal; use mindfulness to prevent getting lost in thought and just let your self do the work, all the while being mindful of the moment and trying to see when you have fallen off track. Repeat until the goal is accomplished, have faith YOU will find a way to make it happen and trust your instincts about how to solve the problem. I believe this method will work when applied to any immediate or feasible long term goal, as long as it is consistently applied so as to build momentum in one's life.

I see a lot of people on this forum skeptical about the benefits of weed with meditation and self inquiry. I don't know if this bias is based on their own negative experiences with weed and stoners, or if they recognize some fundamental flaw in the substance that prevents from it being effective for self actualization work. I was told to judge something by the fruit it bears, so i will begin to incorporate weed into my self-actualization work, like meditation, and judge the results for myself.

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7 I’m a huge proponent of smoking weed before meditation and sometimes self inquiry. I never talk about it on here bc it will got shot down really quick by Leo and others. 

I get it though, some people get anxiety and really nasty side effects from smoking weed. But! For some it really enhances their lives in a positive way.  I’m one of those people for sure. 

My meditations are 10-20x as powerful when I smoke vs not. 

Only thing that I find important is finding very high quality trees and using a vaporizer. I never use concentrates, bongs or pipes or joints, not in years. Vape only! 

Edited by Meditationdude
Words

@Raptorsin7 yes I load the dry bud into vape. 

I don’t smoke joints for two reasons. First, I love high intensity workouts and I need my lungs and body to be 100%. 
Secondly, joints mess up my tolerance and dopamine levels. I get lethargic and my mind is cloudy when I get “joint high”. I have more anxiety and tend to get mildly depressed (weed hangover) the next day if I smoke joints. You also waste a bunch of flower with joints. A little goes a long way with a vaporizer, but it’s all about the quality of bud. 
Vaping is all about the smooth buzz and clear mind. Perfect for meditation and introspection. 

If weed works for ya, great.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Weed initially makes me highly self-aware but then I crash and get really lethargic. Does this happen to anyone else? I believe that weed serves a purpose but it has a downside. I try to only smoke it once a week on the weekends as a way to wrap up the week.

@ivory that happens to most people. Like I mentioned above, vaping high quality trees will eliminate the crash. Also stay very hydrated. 

@ivory that happens to most people. Like I mentioned above, vaping high quality trees will eliminate the crash. Also stay very hydrated. 

@Galyna Apology not accepted. We are doing high level self-actualization work here, and i don't like having to spend precious time answering mistakes like this...

@Raptorsin7 I wish I can delete it somehow, let me try :)

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Galyna Actualized.org never stores any of your financial data. So even if the site gets hacked all that could be stolen is your email address.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura thank you Leo for your answer and for your hard work. 

Edited by Galyna
Mistake

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Meditationdude How do you know if it's high quality without trying it first? And which do you think is better for contemplation? Indica or sativa? Or does it even matter?

Weed always gives me fantastic ideas...that I never follow through with. 

weed will not really help you that much in the long run, it is more sedating than pushing and it’s addictive with symptoms of withdrawal when you stop.    it can also make you more self biased and has a tendency in making people psychotic who already have issues. you even can have a bad hangover the morning after that tears you down, and i would be very attentive if you then have a more aggressive behavior than the day before. if you have any social anxiety it will make it probably worse. of course you can try out every drug you want to, but don’t wonder if you find out about all the controversials of the drug - a lot of people are in denial about the sideeffects promoting weed being less harmful than they want it to be. 

even the mentioning of it helping to chill out is a denial about needing it to chill out, instead of finding a solution to chill out without the substance, it’s like saying i watch movies because i can relax with it. weed is not bad in that sense, but it’s one of the drugs that are more underestimated than cigarettes and sometimes even sugar. weed is not a skill, it’s a substance.

Edited by remember