Thewritersunion

What is Obama going to be remembered as in history?

12 posts in this topic

What’s your thoughts? :D (btw, why are there Microsoft Emojis on Actualized.org?) 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

"Obama care" and amazing speeches

Free yourself from attachment; Free yourself from fear; Free yourself from desire; Take deep breaths through the diaphragm and train that muscle; Meditate and meld with reality; Never skip spirit day 🙏 🤲 Don't have enemies, they are you.

For increasing fracking, expanding the war from 2 to 7 countries, bailing out wallstreet after they ruined the economy, running out of bombs in Syria, giving us Obamacare (which is essentially Romneycare) when he promised us universal healthcare, having one of the best campaigns of all time in 2008 but giving us more of the same instead of actual hope and change, supporting NAFTA and the TPP, tweaks around the edges, and giving us the rise of Donald Trump.

@Bno I agree with most of these, but Obama didn't start the Wall St bailout, Bush did (Obama did go through with it though.) Also, Obama didn't give us Donald Trump, America's stage blue ethnonationalist backlash did. Obama could've been a lot better and lot more effective but blaming him for Trump is like blaming the water - and not the rock thrown into the water - for the ripples.

Edited by Apparition of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Apparition of Jack I see what you're trying to say. It surely is a systemic issue, but systems can begin to change if one person starts the change, and what better person to change the group consciousness level than the US president? Just look at the new progressive movement that started because of Bernie Sanders opening a lot of American eyes. I can assure that my consciousness level also increased thanks to my discovery of Actualized.org, as I'm sure many others here can also attest to that.

Also, I think people are collectively more conscious than what many here think. Bernie Sanders was in 2016 and still currently is the most popular US politician. The primaries were stolen from him because of the DNC rigging. When it comes to Universal Health Care, over 70% of Democrats and Independents agree we should have it and in some polls even more than 50% of Republicans think we should have it. The problem is that were not getting the changes we need because many people's first priority isn't election integrity.

But I digress, I won't put all the blame on Obama. Maybe he did try to make changes but the pressure by his peers were too much. But the question was what he will be remembered for, and it is true that his presidency was followed by the rise of Trump. Many 2 time Obama voters were unhappy enough to vote for Trump or not vote at all and a small insignificant group voted 3rd party.

Edited by Bno

it`s kind of funny to read all of this when you think about the situation before obama. i guess obama showed what is and what is not possible in the us, fast changes are not. or at least they were not - so obama, is still someone who at least managed to remind the world of how difficult it is to live a dream. "yes we can", is not a fairytale, therefore there is no fairy that snipps with the fingers and everything is set. what he managed though is showing a direction with the message: we still can, and we still want to.

the problem though, is the problem.

Edited by remember

@remember As history has shown, real change needs to come from within the political system, and outside of it with the people.

37 minutes ago, Bno said:

@remember As history has shown, real change needs to come from within the political system, and outside of it with the people.

yes, people make history and history makes people :)

he showed something, didn`t he?

somehow obama is like a hypothesis. trump might be the anti thesis.

Edited by remember

He’s really cutting down everything, isn’t he?

B063E748-048B-46F1-A093-2FCD232925CA.jpeg

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~!