[book] Think And Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill (9/10)

18 posts in this topic

I gave this book only a 9 out of 10 because of some of the long ass boring stories that Napoleon publishes about the successfull men he reviews. They don't really help and are tedious to read. Other than that, this book kicks ass!

Best read this book and then watch Bob Proctors free seminar on youtube "You were born rich!" (and DO the assignments!) They really complete each other and Bob has a lot of his ideas from Napoleon. Also watch Bob Proctor "The 11 forgotten laws" on youtube to complete your knowledge.

This book is really amazing, it will teach you a lot about the sub-conscious mind and the law of attraction. Napoleon Hill did a great job laying out the exact plan for you to manifest your deepest desire into reality. There are 15 Chapters and you have to read through all of them to understand the whole picture. Also he explains the concept of positive affirmation (auto-suggestion) and visualisation. He talks about desire and dedication, Faith, self-confidence,specialized knowledge, imagination, organized planning, how to be a leader and how not be a leader, decision, persistance, master mind, sex transmutation, love, emotions, the brain, the sixth sense and how to overcome fear.

Bob Proctor builds his business upon this book and the work of Napoleon Hill. And Napoleon Hill spent 25 years working on this book.

Check it out, it worth it!

12797394.jpg

Edited by The Alchemist

I read the book as a teenager and it really inspired me. Have to return to it at some stage. The audio - "Your right to be rich" - was even better. Have you heard it? Not that I have used it to transform my life just yet! 

Thanks for the suggestions of Bob Proctor, will have to look at all of them!   

8 minutes ago, Jackthelad said:

I read the book as a teenager and it really inspired me. Have to return to it at some stage. The audio - "Your right to be rich" - was even better. Have you heard it? Not that I have used it to transform my life just yet! 

I haven't heard of the audio yet...well now I have. Thank you for the hint, I will check it out!

It may be on youtube, have a google and see if it's available.

It's a lecture series he did where he is lecturing to an audience. He goes through all the same principles but I just found it more engaging. I think I prefer an auditory style of learning. 

This is one of my favorite books.  It is the basis for all material/financial success that I have right now.

Your right that the stories can be tedious.  In my second copy,(i own 3 of these books!) I even crossed out all the stories.  Just wanted to keep the interesting concepts.

This was my first self help book I remember reading this on the bus going to my dead end job, 15 years ago.  So this book really inspired me to really examine my life and make changes for the better.

@Jackthelad  I downloaded it, cut it up into 18 parts and created a mp3 audiobook out of it! Thank you very much for the advice, I love it!

@ayokolomo Wow, thank you for sharing this! I'm happy for you that it helped you, and I'm pretty sure it can help a lot more poeple. 

I thought the stories were necessary and found them to be interesting. For the first 1/3 of the story I thought he was just telling me to be utterly desiring wealth(In short of a negative way). Then he went a bit into spirituality which I was surprised he would go. The guy was a brilliant man who spent decades on that book. 10/10

Excellent book!

Thanks for posting this @The Alchemist

This post reminds me that I need to read this again. Its been awhile.

Edited by DJ

This is really one of the classic books about self realization out there.

I also liked the Self-Analysis questions part of the book. It has opened up some key areas of my existence to look more deeply into.

Chris

On 8.2.2016 at 11:37 AM, Jackthelad said:

Everyone should download this and listen to it. It's amazing and a must-have addition for his book. I converted this video into a 18 chapter audio book, and I love listening to it. Thanks very much jack, I owe you quit a bit for this gold nugget. :D It's a whole bucket of gold actually

On 22/2/2016 at 10:40 AM, The Alchemist said:

Everyone should download this and listen to it. It's amazing and a must-have addition for his book. I converted this video into a 18 chapter audio book, and I love listening to it. Thanks very much jack, I owe you quit a bit for this gold nugget. :D It's a whole bucket of gold actually

Buddy that is fantastic to hear! Thank you for posting this and finding the link online.

I really hope it can help you on your mission and journey; I'll return to it myself over the following weeks and months, finish my notes on it and we can have a good discussion about it.

Got about 25 % through it - making notes - before I got distracted, which is always my biggest issue.

@Jackthelad I find that while reading and listening to stuff like that it is always good to have no distractions. Even if I listen to this when I work out I tend to miss some of the information, which is bad because that stuff is so important and profound.

I will check that Bob ASAP, I finished the book a couple of months ago. 

Bob-Proctor-Quotes03.jpg

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle

@Veggies make me fart Bob is amazing. Wach his free youtube seminar my friend. I have a lot of material about the laws and the subconscious mind, most from Bob and Napoleon. It's like a huge puzzle, the more you learn, the more you earn...oh wait, that was Tai Lopez. I mean the more sources you study the more you understand the laws.

im listening to the audio book for the 2nd time in a row. i listen to about one chapter(one hour) or more on my way to work.its good.

if not that i am listening to anew video by leo.

- half way through the life purpose cores

- straight line system by jordan belfot ( highly effective for sales pepole)

On 8.3.2016 at 0:32 AM, The Son said:

@Veggies make me fart Bob is amazing. Wach his free youtube seminar my friend. I have a lot of material about the laws and the subconscious mind, most from Bob and Napoleon. It's like a huge puzzle, the more you learn, the more you earn...oh wait, that was Tai Lopez. I mean the more sources you study the more you understand the laws.

I smell what you did there: "Knawledge is power" says the Tai guy, haha

I listened to this Proctor, now I remember who he is. I think the notion about praising the supply is bizarre because many times praise can have the opposite effect and decrease supply – that's where counter-psychology comes in. The law can apply quite universally to pets but not people. All in all the link was still worth the listen though.

Veggies make me fart 

Edited by Veggies make me fart

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle

I was listening to some inspiring CD's that had suggested I read Napoleon Hills books , when I was looking into Hill I found Bob Proctor with his many Videos and good approach.

Hill's teachings are the base of my actualization transformation from ineffective to effective.

The original book versions are reported to have more tips that were removed in previous versions.

I bought the paperback a few days ago and the audio book for ' Think and grow rich ' 
To top it off I picked up a CD , think and grow rich , Stickability :  The Power of Perseverance

This is a great book, I read it once but I feel there are other books that put his concepts together better and more concise