Alfonsoo

How to make someone feel emotions?

10 posts in this topic

How to emotionally stimulate someone. Like how to have deep conversations or engaging and emotional interactions with someone. How to avoid getting stuck in making the interaction neutral or about your self?

Ask about their dreams and goals. 

It helps if you share your own to open then up. E.g.

Friend - "So what have you been up to lately?"

Me - "A lot of things! I've been doing heaps of planning for my trip to Thailand at the end of the year! Have you ever been to Thailand or overseas in that area?"

You could also tack on the end "where would you go if you had the time/money?"

People get emotionally energised when they talk about the things they value. If you come from a place if curiosity and playfulness, people will respond in kind. :)

@Alfonsoo Can you give more context? Are you asking, because you want to find some people to have deeper conversations with, or because there's a specific person you care about who isn't very expressive of their emotions?

Learn to access your own emotions while talking, and transmit them. What you feel, they feel.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Elisabeth I’m talking about going beyond small talk, during conversation how do I provoke emotional responses. Not necessarily because the other person is closed up but to have a deep and connected interaction to someone. I feel like people don’t have trouble opening up to me but for some reason the conversation drys up and the emotional flow stops. 

@Alfonsoo  Don't just listen to words, but look people in the eyes and listen to their energy as well. Words can be deep, but you can go beyond just words. This requires that your mind is very still, because if you are caught up in thinking about what you want to answer etc... you won't be able to hear that. I mean, it's nice to ask a lot of questions, but if you directly ask about something that the person is trying to show you indirectly, that will probably make them close themselves to you, because you are not a good listener.

@Alfonsoo  It is all in you.

If the conversation dries up, chances are that you are thinking something that you are not willing to share. Break through that barrier.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

5 hours ago, flowboy said:

If the conversation dries up, chances are that you are thinking something that you are not willing to share. Break through that barrier.

I agree. Try to tell something about yourself. Perhaps this will affect the sincerity of the conversation.

@flowboy @arina456  Exactly, nobody is gonna open up if you don't open up first, this doesn't mean sharing your whole life-story, but just be more open. For me it is a sensation that I feel and you can sense whether the other person feels it as well or not, the same way you can sense neediness.