electroBeam

Does meditating more hours yield more enlightenment?

27 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, electroBeam said:

"if you meditate for 2 hours a day you will achieve enlightenment in 20 years, if you meditate 4 hours a day you will achieve enlightenment in 40 years"

It's strange that no one yet understood the analogy. It isn't something you need a calculator for solving. It's blatantly obvious!

If you meditate for 0 hours a day you will achieve enlightenment in no time.

YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL! Enlightenment is right here, right now.

6 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Speaking from my Experience. It took about 4 years for full awakening. Meditating everyday. Never skipped a Day. 

No retreats, no psychedelics. Just old fashioned Zen. 

Live your life, hour of Meditation is enough. 

You Can always speed up the process. Up to you. 

You get enlightenment by only watching your breath? Leo in one of his videos says good luck finding the truth by only watching your breath. I think the trick is that you have to learn a lot about practices and concepts just to let it go at the end. I personally don't feel any better after reading about enlightenment, or some rafidal ideas, but I guess that is normal. 

@Jonac Intention, desire for TRUTH Just for It's own sake. High level of dedication, goodness in general and so on. ❤️?‍♂️?

Heart given, God-like, Divine qualities. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

This koan is pointing toward the non-causal nature of enlightenment.

Like a clean mirror it only reflects  what I am (not what I think, or what I hope).

The more I am in the plane of causes and effects (planning, scheming, anticipating, wishing, wanting to make enlightenment happen, to speed it up, trying instead of being ...) the more I strengthen the illusion of being separated from That, the thicker the ego will grow (work and discipline are necessary only from ego p.o.v. though) 

Enlightenment is nothing else than (true) meditation itself:  purposeless and self-sufficient which, in fine, is nothing else than pure consciousness itself you/me/That : Ouroboros - Strange Loop