Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlphaAbundance

Desire to be the greatest/validated

8 posts in this topic

• I feel desire to be the greatest. I feel desire for attention, validation, etc.
    • To be recognized as Elon Musk, Tony Stark, Escanor, Alan Watts, etc, someone famous/respected, known as the best, most superior human
      • This is also connected to my desire to have the greatest/best life I can possibly have, maximize my life completely. (If you are living your best life possible, this seems connected to being the greatest)
      • This desire to be great even motivates me to do self-inquiry, meditation and spirtual practices
    • -
      • I feel worried thinking if I lose this desire I will lose all motivation
      • I feel worried thinking this is "bad" but see it as good aswell
      • I feel worried thinking through enlightenment "I" will lose the joy of confidence, esteem, validation, pride
      • I feel worried thinking this is just some low self-esteem bullshit
  • Any thoughts/advice/feedback on this? 

6 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

You must sacrifice you becoming a big-shot on the altar of Truth.

♥️?

But It's Just half of a story. Goes full circle, total inversion. 

Grow big @Meta-Man. From love for Illusory self to Love for SELF. SELF is everything.

Love you man. Love your field. Very open. 

It's Just That his heart is leading him and his egoic mind got grip on that. 

Nice period, first battle of ego against/resistance of Heart. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

4 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@zeroISinfinity I maybe understood 30% of that :(:D

You Will understand. No worry hehe. 

It's all Good, It's all Good. 

Meditation is the way. 

Trust and Love. 

@AlphaAbundance Your desires aren't bad. They are just desires. They might fall away though once you see the truth. 

The Master views the parts with compassion,
because he understands the whole.
His constant practice is humility.
He doesn't glitter like a jewel
but lets himself be shaped by the Tao,
as rugged and common as stone.

The desire for greatness is--as @AlphaAbundance says exactly--a motivator.

The desire for greatness has been critical in sublime hedonic pleasures, ethics, and faith (such as mine is). Even St. Francis of Assisi did not lose himself in the greatness of reality until he seduced many women as a valiant knight. 

Self-actualization requires both limitless aspirations and ongoing recognition of reality. Soren Kierkegaard suggests that becoming a valid 'self' means persisting in aspirations toward unlimited greatness and--at the same time--staying grounded in our limits--whether in faith, ethics, or sexual seduction. To become a "victim" of circumstances and conform to the crowd, is to lose oneself. To live in delusions of grandeur also misses the point.

Jesus said, "Let whoever would be great among you be a servant." The words and actions of a great person amaze. They speak prophetically to unspoken vulnerabilities of others. They support and sustain with substance.

Think of Leo's example of telling strippers that he has a small penis. There is a paradox in the experience of glory. A person merges with transcendental beauty--they become glory and dirt. An artist is loved, recognized and applauded for creativity; but they are also humbled to know that they receive everything.

Edited by RobertZ
grammar