Joker

Dealing with highs and lows

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. My life purpose revolves around the idea of creating high-consciousness films which explore the human experience. 

I've been working on my purpose for around a year, but in the last couple of months I have started to take it more seriously. I've set myself the goal of releasing weekly YouTube videos to force myself to create and improve my filmmaking skills.  So far, I've kept to my goal. 

The problem I've been facing in the last couple of weeks is mood swings. Sometimes I feel so excited about the potential of what I'm doing that my heart is beating very fast and I have trouble sleeping. Then on other days I feel very low, I'll have no energy, my passion is completely drained, everything seems pointless. This can sometimes switch within the same day. It's exhausting and is holding me back. 

I have dealt with mood swings like this for a while now, but things seem to have got much worse since starting to put more pressure on myself to create.  

Maybe this is normal for someone in the early stages of building towards their life purpose ? I don't know. Basically I was wondering if anyone had any experience in this area, or any advice of how to stay consistent with a long term LP without falling so much into these extreme highs and lows ? 

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Here's one of the videos I created: 

Edited by Joker

@Key Elements maybe you has some advice? I'm currently at the bottom, early stages of life purpose so unfortunately I don't have any direct experience to share with you. 

@Charlotte  i actually have an advice for you, drop your moderatorship as it`s only a fassade and takes up too much of everyones time including your own. you can`t even be ignored when you start to project your own toxicisity upon others. stop lying to yourself. focus on your lifepurpose instead of zombeing on in threads asking about yourself instead of helping others. are you a moderator or a patient? build real connections again like you did when you where halfways human. you seemed to be a nice person then, still having fun to connect with people.

Edited by remember
stop lying charlotte, i should have quoted you, but that´s how you game.

@remember  I actually have some advice for you. Try being more lighthearted and not expressing your negative emotions. Don't shit on people. Stop projecting. Feeding on negative emotions and greivences will only increase discontentedness.

life is beautiful.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

try reading books on stoicism.

These 2 concepts are taken from there and these are just my interpretations of it.

1. Don't gravitate towards positive emotions, and don't run from negative ones. The highs will create the low. Don't let your emotions control you.
  2. Negative visualization.(Leo has a video on it). If you spend a little time being anxious about your day tomorrow. You'll have your guard up, ready to deal with all negative forces pulling on you. If it doesn't exist, well thats feels like a gift.

You could definitely do the examples he told you to do. 

I think my style of negative visualization is a bit different. Basically, you want to know what type of problems could exist tomorrow. For example, I have a free day all to myself. I would get ready for the loneliness i'm going to face.

Edited by Proactive

I've changed my account password to something I don't remember. 

I do not support actualized.org anymore

goodluck

@Proactive I've read some books on stoicism before, but not for a while so I'll revisit them. You're totally right, the highs do create the lows, I need to focus on finding balance.

Not seen that video actually. Sounds like an interesting concept. I'll check it out. 

Thanks for your help. 

@Joker What separates the greatest from the normies is that they keep going even on the low days.