Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill W

David Hawkins - some of my favorites

7 posts in this topic

Every time I attach a new link from YouTube it shows as the video below, even if it's a different link? Does anyone know why this happens? I'll enclose the links and commentary to the others videos for now.

His book Letting Go is one of the most powerful and helpful books I've ever read. Not got so much into his other written stuff yet. I've been on Youtube checking out loads of his stuff, mostly concentrating on the shorter clips.

These are my top ones and I've included my highlights of them below (pretty much word for word what he says). You will also see time windows for each clip as these are my favourite parts of the clip.

I'm all in on letting go, surrender, and emotional mastery/sobriety hence my attraction to David Hawkins. I also love his persona on YouTube, it's suits me. He is funny at times, but not trying too hard to crack jokes or be overly charismatic which is a bit of a turn off for me. 

00.00 – 1.30

• ·       The way out of depression is to face the underlying fear.
  • ·       Depression, in a way, can’t be handled, except to look at what was not faced to pull you out of it
  • ·       The fear usually takes the form of “I have lost the source of my happiness forever”, “Without this, my life is meaningless”

David R. Hawkins - Let go of wanting to change other people 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnQc_GOa57Q&list=PL2L8Hx5xTD0loswmr9duzbQ9rugqXC_Mc&index=4

• ·       Make wrong, get even
  • ·       If I can’t change them, I will try and control them
  • ·       Divine justice saves you the bother of getting even
  • ·       All things have their own Karmic pay off, so you don’t need to do anything
  • ·       You don’t need to bring down your enemies, as they will bring themselves down of their own doing. Then you are not stuck with the Karma of getting even

David R. Hawkins - Right And Wrong Are Irrelevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-az_rTIDF_o&list=PL2L8Hx5xTD0loswmr9duzbQ9rugqXC_Mc&index=5

3.17 – 4.10  

• ·       The willingness to surrender to not knowingness.
  • ·       Humility is of profound importance in spiritual work. It means I of myself, as an ego, am completely unable to comprehend reality. I have no way of knowing the truth of anything, much less can I discern its karma, and therefore all judgment is up to God. Judgment is mine Seth the Lord. Why? Because you are not capable of it.

David R. Hawkins - Instructions on Meditation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKcjI2k6wM&list=PL2L8Hx5xTD0loswmr9duzbQ9rugqXC_Mc&index=6

00.00 – 1.28

• ·       The technique is really that of surrender. It’s part of the love of God. Jesus Christ said that for the salvation of mankind would you be willing to give up your ego and the vanity of thinking that you know anything.  Each thought and feeling that comes up, you surrender it to God

David R. Hawkins - You Have To Quit Thinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ2gFMl81fM&list=PL2L8Hx5xTD0loswmr9duzbQ9rugqXC_Mc&index=8

2.35 – 5.51
•    Impatience is uncurbed wilfulness 
•    Peace and silence is within you, live there. Whatever else goes on is irrelevant
•    Look interested, but you don’t have any investment in it

David R. Hawkins: "If you feel like you're stuck.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DAtMAmrwMk&list=PL2L8Hx5xTD0loswmr9duzbQ9rugqXC_Mc&index=4&t=101s

0.00 – 1.48

• ·       How to move from one level of consciousness into another? There is only one rule, and that is to let go of the payoff you get from whatever positionality you are stuck in.
  • ·       Forgo the pleasure, gratification, and satisfaction.
  • ·       Secret payoff’s from the ego. We repress the fact that we are getting off on it
  • ·       Lower levels of consciousness are linked together. Pride is linked with anger. Narcissistic core of the ego is gradually weakened and collapses. Each brick you take out, weakens the wall.
  • ·       If you feel like you’re stuck, there is only one thing you need to do, one thing you need to surrender
  • ·       The payoff is an energy. The payoff is blocking you from a higher state of consciousness.
Edited by Bill W

He's a gem.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

His book I, Reality and Subjectivity is one of my top 3 spiritual books of all times.

I listened to some of his stuff over the past few days after finding this thread. In one video he was talking about the different vibrational rates of different places and people (I'm not 100% sure how he's testing this or if the method is legit?) and he mentioned something that really rang true to me. He said the vibrational rates of the world's great cathedrals vibrate the highest of any places on earth. I got to visit Europe 2 summers ago and found myself extremely awe struck upon entering some cathedrals even though I had no interest in visiting them, I was dragged there by family. I've had an aversion to anything Christian for at least a decade after being raised Southern Baptist. Needless to say I don't hold as tightly to that aversion as I did before the cathedral incidences. 

Thank you for this @Bill WGreat videos.

You can tell David Hawkins is Enlightened by the way he speaks and holds himself. He is chuckling at life, living with such ease because he has cracked it.