Danioover9000

What makes a high/low quality post?

11 posts in this topic

If anyone knows some good examples please share some here.

@Danioover9000 For example, this post is low quality because it wasn't specific, and it ignores the relative nature of high vs. low quality. Are you asking about posts on actualized.org? Posts or comments on social media? A high quality post in the self-actualization forum looks very different from a high quality post in the conscious government or relationship forum. A high quality post on Facebook or Instagram is dependant on the consciousness of your audience. A "high quality" post in the meditation forum would probably be completely meaningless to the general public, thus making it "low quality" from their perspective. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I wouldn't know what Leo's standards are, but in my opinion, a decent post would have to be:

• Clear/specific.
  • Respectful/inoffensive.
  • Relevant/appropriate.
  • Not violating the guidelines.

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Danioover9000 For example, this post is low quality because it wasn't specific, and it ignores the relative nature of high vs. low quality. Are you asking about posts on actualized.org? Posts or comments on social media? A high quality post in the self-actualization forum looks very different from a high quality post in the conscious government or relationship forum. A high quality post on Facebook or Instagram is dependant on the consciousness of your audience. A "high quality" post in the meditation forum would probably be completely meaningless to the general public, thus making it "low quality" from their perspective. 

Thanks for the post. This gives me some good information. The reason why I asked for examples is because I don't know much examples of high quality posts not just in actualized.org but in general internet. So being specific, considering the context, and what consciousness level the audience is makes a high quality post. Ok.

Would adding value and a resource for that post go a step further?

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

I wouldn't know what Leo's standards are, but in my opinion, a decent post would have to be:

• Clear/specific.
  • Respectful/inoffensive.
  • Relevant/appropriate.
  • Not violating the guidelines.

Thank you for offering your information on making a decent post! I'll keep this in mind.

If the post is about asking a question:

- state the question clearly in the heading

- provide context to your situation

- provide context why you asked the question

- provide examples of resourcefulness in trying to solve the question already (don't ask a question that can be solved by a 5 minute Google, you are just being lazy and wasting people's time.)

- sincerely ask the question, don't try and sneakily try to push some preconceived agenda.

My 4 year old daughter and me were scrolling on my phone, when Jason Statham's picture came by and she said "That's you!". ? 

- This is a high quality post. 

I would say as a general rule of thumb - is it doing any good? (achieving a goal, helping someone, bringing up important information, etc.)

But you can still make low-quality posts, it just means it would be a distraction although.

(P.S. I am hoping this post is helping someone, so I consider it hopefully doing some good)

5 hours ago, Knock said:

If the post is about asking a question:

- state the question clearly in the heading

- provide context to your situation

- provide context why you asked the question

- provide examples of resourcefulness in trying to solve the question already (don't ask a question that can be solved by a 5 minute Google, you are just being lazy and wasting people's time.)

- sincerely ask the question, don't try and sneakily try to push some preconceived agenda.

Thank you for offering me this information. I'll keep this in mind.

4 hours ago, SFRL said:

My 4 year old daughter and me were scrolling on my phone, when Jason Statham's picture came by and she said "That's you!". ? 

- This is a high quality post. 

?

2 hours ago, Jamie Universe said:

I would say as a general rule of thumb - is it doing any good? (achieving a goal, helping someone, bringing up important information, etc.)

But you can still make low-quality posts, it just means it would be a distraction although.

(P.S. I am hoping this post is helping someone, so I consider it hopefully doing some good)

Thank you for offering your information. I'll keep this in mind.

I think that this post is helping me and other users who see this because I suffered a thread lock. I took it too personally at the time and now I feel anxious with even offering great advice or resources to people fearing it would be locked and I would lose it. I just want some good pointers as to how to structure a really good post.

Thanks again.