Schahin

Why are we so deluded?

11 posts in this topic

Why do people not know who they really are? Why is the degree of awareness so extremely low?

Why does one have to find this out with rituals?

Why can we not  be aware of god earlier ?

Edited by Schahin

Because you can't really play the game otherwise. 

Ego brings you apparent induviduality. It separates Awareness into me this body and world outside.So you Can dance. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Your question already assumes "people." That is an imaginary boundary.

God won't be found in your imaginary boundaries.

7 minutes ago, Schahin said:

Why do I not know who I really [am]? Why is the degree of awareness so extremely low?

Why [do] I have to find this out with rituals?

Why can I not be aware of god earlier?

It's Love.

We aren't.

Not me, not you, not anyone at all. There is no delusion. You merely think there is, and so you create delusion with your thinking.

3 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

We aren't.

Not me, not you, not anyone at all. There is no delusion. You merely think there is, and so you create delusion with your thinking.

There is and there is not

There does not need to be that much degree of delusion in that we really extremely are deluded in thinking we are actually separate. 

Plus a conservative society, a sometimes atheistic education by your parents and all these misguididing religions. 

There is really no way of knowing about unity and god if you don't start on the path of psychedelics. 

If the whole world is god and pure love, we really ought to use some rare methods to be conscious of this. 

A normal person cannot attain this degree of consciousness by pure willpower. 

We could be at least a tiny bit aware of God and what really is going on without rituals or psychedelics 

Edited by Schahin

3 hours ago, Schahin said:

We could be at least a tiny bit aware of God and what really is going on without rituals or psychedelics 

That's the point of music, art, nature, sex, competition, newborn babies and all other forms of conditional love.

Even in what you may call "everyday mundane existence" there are hints of God. Not the whole thing of course, but parts.

If you are asking why all of God isn't glaringly obvious at all times, that's a different question.

But to be clear, beauty (God) is right in front of your face. You don't need to be enlightened to tap into that.

Even an unaware person is occasionally brought to their knees by beauty. Whether they call this God or not is irrelevant.

Transcendence is intuited by many on a regular basis. Spirituality is not as cryptic as you might think!

It's Love.

You don't understand. Everything is an illusion. There does not need that much degree of illusion, because all there is is illusion. There's no difference between illusion and reality. God is an illusion.

From a dualistic point of view, illusion and reality seem separate, when in fact, they're not.

'Delusion' in my vocabulary is not the same thing as 'illusion', delusion refers to a part of the whole (illusion), and it is mostly accompanied with suffering.