ChimpBrain

What Self Improvement Youtube Channels And Podcasts Do You Subscrib To?

20 posts in this topic

I thought it would be cool if everyone shared what Youtube channels and podcasts they subscribe to related to personal development besides Actualized.org.  I'm always looking for new material/knowledge related to all facets of self improvement. I've watched all of Leo's videos, a lot of them 3-4-5 times, and I'm slowly making my way through his book list. I spend a lot of time behind a computer and driving and therefore have a lot of time to consume material in audio form.

So if you feel like sharing, share away :)

Well, if it interests you at all, I sometimes watch "FightMediocrity" channel, which has an entertaining style of presentation

Also, you may want to look up "philosophernotes.tv"

I believe both channels examine various personal development books

Cheers:)

30 minutes ago, GigaWiser78 said:

Well, if it interests you at all, I sometimes watch "FightMediocrity" channel, which has an entertaining style of presentation

Also, you may want to look up "philosophernotes.tv"

I believe both channels examine various personal development books

Cheers:)

Thanks! I have listened to some stuff from the guy who does philosopher's notes, going to check out fight mediocrity now.

24 minutes ago, Irina Irina said:

Teal Swan. It s great .

She's far too woo-woo (or "airy-fairy" as Leo would say) for my taste, but I'm glad you get something positive from her work.

@ChimpBrain Philosopher's notes.

I know you said Youtube but check out the Brian Johnson's website (Philosopher Notes) and subscribe for $10 a month if you can, Then check out the master classes -- they are just awesome. He distills the hundreds of books he has read into 45-90 minutes videos that you could listen too. Then I would advice using the workbook he provides to journal your action.

A different angle to personal development that I haven't found elsewhere. Highly recommend.

@ChimpBrain i do find her like second best after Leo. She goes to the root problem, and deals with a lot of emotional struggles. She also gives practical exercices. Her work helps me a lot.

4 hours ago, Murtaza said:

Thanks man, I was subscribed to the first 2 but had never heard of the last one!

4 hours ago, Samuel Garcia said:

@ChimpBrain Philosopher's notes.

I know you said Youtube but check out the Brian Johnson's website (Philosopher Notes) and subscribe for $10 a month if you can, Then check out the master classes -- they are just awesome. He distills the hundreds of books he has read into 45-90 minutes videos that you could listen too. Then I would advice using the workbook he provides to journal your action.

A different angle to personal development that I haven't found elsewhere. Highly recommend.

I signed up for his mailing list recently and like what I've seen so far. I may go ahead and sign up, after all, $10 is nothing.

1 hour ago, Irina Irina said:

@ChimpBrain i do find her like second best after Leo. She goes to the root problem, and deals with a lot of emotional struggles. She also gives practical exercices. Her work helps me a lot.

I'm glad to hear that. I did subscribe to her channel for a while but eventually unsubscribed after I found several videos in a row to be a little too new-agey for me. Maybe I'm still just a little too "orange" to buy into it whether it's true or not. I don't deny that a lot of her videos are worthwhile though. I guess I should subscribe, be open minded, take what's useful to me and disregard what isn't.

Les Brown, Bob Proctor, Brian Tracy, Elliot Hulse (Old videos), these are all surface level although

Alan Watts 101, Benjamin Smythe, Brandon Gilbert, Brendon.com (the burchard guy), thejourneyofpurpose, tradegy and hope

^^ all the above are YouTube channels, I haven't really bothered with them ever since I found Leo's 

Podcasts: radio headspace (no longer continued but I enjoyed listening the episodes are still available) and mindfulness mode 

blogs: zenhabits, tinybuddha, headspace daily, psyblog and Steven aitchison but the latter two are more everyday psychology than personal development 

@ChimpBrain

I want to recommend Ryan Cropper on YouTube.

He is similar to Leo in the way he analyzes and delivers information. He talks mostly about alternate states of consciousness, psychology, insanely deep subconscious material, and spirituality. His goal is more investigation than enlightenment, and some of his subjects can be very "out there". Nevertheless, he fascinates me to no end! 

My warm recommendation is "The school of life" (on youtube).

It's educational on so many levels (form relationships and economy to philosophy and zen and all in between, and more :)) )

The clips ar between 2 and 20 mins and very well made, with cartoon ilustrations that really sink in with the message.

It's wisdom at the tip of our fingertips, enjoy

Teal Swan

RSD Julien

Julien Himself

RSD Tyler / All the RSD Freetour stuff

Noah Elkrief

Michael Sealey

Eckhart Tolle

Nutriotion facts.org

One person who has been helping me get through hard times is Ralph. An other great human beeing who runs a Youtube channel called ,, Infinite Waters ( Diving Deep)''.
Go, check it out and enjoy the love he is sending out  :)

Tim Ferris has a podcast where he often interviews people that write the self help books that everyone loves etc. I subscribed to it by email a while back but forgot about it. I'm seeing if it's of worth now.

Clasik Obas

Actualized

RSD Tyler

Frank Yang (he's on the verge of enlightenment) 

- Enter your fear and you are free -

@Quang I can't connect with him. I don't know why. He just seems so off point. 

- Enter your fear and you are free -

On 5/6/2016 at 2:40 PM, Lynnel said:

Teal Swan

RSD Julien

Julien Himself

RSD Tyler / All the RSD Freetour stuff

Noah Elkrief

Michael Sealey

Eckhart Tolle

Nutriotion facts.org

These are solid. I'll also add Elliot Hulse to the list.

Ear Monk Mystic Music- meditation, astral projection, lucid dreaming

Like Stories of Old- philosophy

The Bioneer- fitness, brain training

Aaron Doughty- practical spirituality

Actualized.org- duh

Spirit Science- new age spirituality