Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chi_

Research chemical vs the Real thing? 1P-LSD vs LSD

18 posts in this topic

I am sure there is probably no definitive answer but from your experience have you noticed anything different between the two? I tried both and I think I feel a minor difference but can't pin point what it is.  

As I'll be trying 1P-LSD soon again for some serious spiritual work,  I want to know to what degree my experience will be different from the "real thing"? 

Edited by Chi_

9 hours ago, Chi_ said:

I am sure there is probably no definitive answer but from your experience have you noticed anything different between the two? I tried both and I think I feel a minor difference but can't pin point what it is.  

As I'll be trying 1P-LSD soon again for some serious spiritual work,  I want to know to what degree my experience will be different from the "real thing"? 

I done both multiple times but have never noticed any real difference (although I've never done 1P in doses higher than 150µg and there was more than a year between my last 1P-trip and my first LSD-trip and I became a very different person in the time in between).

They both have to potential to be very valuable and educational substances. 1P isn't 'fake' LSD. It's just a similar molecule that was synthesized at a later point in time than "real" LSD and then given a similar name. There's no reason to disparage it except if it really does give you lesser experiences.

Edited by mindcentral

@mindcentral Thank you for your reply! I was curious because Leo in his Psychedelics episode not to play around with research chemicals too much and to stick to the original stuff. I will stick to 1P for now probably 

@Chi_ I have tried both substances many times.   1P is just as profound and useful.

@Chi_ I think its said that 1p-lsd turns into lsd 25 after its in your system for a good minute. I dont know if this is true for sure tho.

@Chi_ It's a prodrug as far as I know and turns into LSD inside the body the chemincal components are difficult to distinguish, I also think they are both part of the lysergamid family. 

I did not read much into LSD because it is illegal and I was a bit worried that I will be persecuted by the police or anything like that.

I definitely recommend a drug testing kit. 

I tested AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, Pro-LAD and 1P-LSD I recommend to buy a drug testing kit again.

1P-LSD was the most intense for me although ETH-LAD has a description of being more vivid and powerful than LSD. You can check psychonaut wiki. or erowid. Yet, AL-Lad is still one of my favorite it's very friendly somehow 1P-LSD felt a bit more like a heavy hitter and was not as smooth a bit more raw. 

It's been a year since I've taken psychdelics so I had time to reflect a bit on this. 

I don't think it will be that much different every trip with a different substance can be different, or with the same substance. I never tried LSD because of the legality status in my country so I can't give perspective there.

@AlterEgo Thank you, it has been in my case as well but I remember a certain difference in the two but it was most probably due to the lack of sleep I was in going into my LSD trip

@Rinne Yeah I just did some quick research and it seems like people are assuming that but do report similar experiences with both 

@ValiantSalvatore Yeah since LSD is illegal its harder to get your hands on them safely indeed. But thank you, I will look Into ETH-LAD and AL-LAD. For testing I usually use the Erhlich regant but when it has been hard to test it for 1P LSD becauce it doesn't seem to be effective. However I've had positive experiences similar to LSD each time I tried 1P-LSD, so I trust my research chemical company now.. Don't know if that's alright to do

Funnt was just checking this out yesterday::

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

It's a little bit debatable, but IMO LSD and 1P-LSD are functionally equivalent. I've taken LSD many times, and 1P-LSD a few times, and they're basically the exact same thing. If there are any differences, it's a matter of splitting hairs.

10 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

I tested AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, Pro-LAD and 1P-LSD I recommend to buy a drug testing kit again.

You tried PRO-LAD?! Wow, what was it like? That's a bit of a unicorn.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish Lol, I googled everything that was legal here. It is difficult to make distinctions I can't remember unfortunately :(. 1P-LSD and AL-LAD is what I tried the most some seller had a combination pack so I bought it. I can't tell the difference. I just checked and it is quite difficult to obtain lol. I did not know that. 

Would love to tell you but, I can't recall. I know the seller had a bundle and once even a discount which was a surprise. It was in there I would not have gotten my hands on it otherwise. 

It's been almost two years now, so I really do not remember it was definitely not as impactful as 1P-LSD for me most likely similar to AL-LAD or ETH-LAD. 

If I try it again, I'll let you know and will write a trip-report. 

@ValiantSalvatore Wow I don't remember ever seeing PRO-LAD on the market, I know a few people "on the inside" were able to test it, but I didn't think it was ever available to the public. If you still have some, it would be amazing to see a photo of it! Does the blotter have PRO-LAD printed on it like AL and ETH? Please do report on it if you try it again.

Yes, I'd assume it should be along the lines of AL-LAD and ETH-LAD, but I think some people found it to be a slight disappointment. Maybe it's not strong enough to bother making a full batch when the synthesis is as hard or harder than ETH-LAD and AL-LAD, but less yield in terms of number of doses produced.

10 hours ago, nowimhere said:

Funnt was just checking this out yesterday::

Damn, thank you! Pretty convinced at now. He is right about stocking up before its too late since countries are slowly banning it as well. Germany banned it already. Well, that is only the case if we keep psychedelics illegal forever but I doubt it and don't know when that will be. 

@outlandish   Thank you! I think the reason why I thought I experienced a difference in the two was due to the dosages and my state of mind in each respective trip combined. Cheers!

Edited by Chi_

@outlandish I'll have to check I am not at home lol and won't be for a while I am at the students dorm. I really can't remember potentially it also was ALD-52 I am quite sure I wrote a post here where I listed everything that I tested, in 2017 / 18.

I'll look it up, when I getting my hands on something. It's a bit more tricky now and they want to release a new law for this here in Germany listing 1P-LSD they already produced 1B-PLSD or so to counteract the law enfrocements in Switzerland and Belgium. 

I am spending to much time lol, I just wanted to write in my dumb journal and now I am here for 40 min. lol! 

I've got you if I'll check when I am back home next week and write you a pm. 

@Chi_ Still, legal so far what I found the listing is from 2016. From the "NeuePsychoAktiveSubstanzenGesezt" I just read the new draft of it which they made in march 2019, but it has not yet been promulgated. So, to my knowledge base it is still legal rather not controlled and therefore a grey area. They listed it on the new draft or rather the chemical compounds.

1P-BLSD already seems to be the alternative apparently, but no idea.

You can read the draft on psychonaut wiki. Or check the wiki about the law. I just did 40 mins ago or so.

Or when did they ban it in Germany ?

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

16 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

@outlandish   Thank you! I think the reason why I thought I experienced a difference in the two was due to the dosages and my state of mind in each respective trip combined. Cheers!

Yes, it's really hard to eliminate all of the variables to compare, especially with psychedelics were there is so much interplay with your mind state. If there are ultimately any real differences between LSD and 1p-LSD, it's lost in the variations that you just mentioned.

I've been really turned off to taking any research chemicals since me and some of my friends went crazy with them back when the majority of them were still legal.

From reading the wikipedia page, I understand that when you trip on 1P-LSD, you're really just tripping on the LSD that 1P-LSD turns into? Or am I mistaken?

6 minutes ago, Autumn said:

From reading the wikipedia page, I understand that when you trip on 1P-LSD, you're really just tripping on the LSD that 1P-LSD turns into? Or am I mistaken?

Yes, that's correct. It's the hypothesis at least, and most probably true. 1p-LSD should be a prodrug for LSD. 

According to David Nichols (one of the experts in the field of psychedelic pharmacology) if 1p-LSD didn't convert to LSD, it would be ineffective, because the molecule doesn't fit into the receptor site with the 1p bit in place.

It's the same thing with 1a-LSD (aka ALD-52) and 1b-LSD. They differ ever so slightly because of different rates at which the prodrug converts to LSD in your body, but they all, along with LSD itself, can be treated as functionally equivalent.