Bryanbrax

IS HE LEGIT

31 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Freakyboo Rupert Spira is an excellent teacher.Like preetom said he is repackaging advaita using different words.

But his suggestion "aware of being aware" as the best meditation which is nothing but Saakshi - witnessing.Witnessing is talked by all including Nisargadatta Maharaj,Osho,Sri Ramana Maharishi.

You are the witness and be the witness.

But  @PreetomRamana Maharishi,Saadhu OM,Nisargadatta Maharaj,David Godman,Gurudjieff emphasizes Self Enquiry - Self Attention - Focus on the I feeling till it vanishes.

Self-inquiry and ''being aware of being aware'' is the same thing experientially.

In self-inquiry, one is told to BE oneself rather than being this or that. So attention from ''this or that'' objects are relaxed due to lack of interest in them; and one is more and more established into oneself- the nondual, one, whole, subjective 'feeling' of I

On the other hand, the question ''Am I aware?'' is meant to take one to the state of just being aware. Not being aware of ''this or that'' objects. So it is also targeting to make one establish into the one, whole, aware, amness of oneself.

The bottom line is this: One is NOT Being as long as one is knowing any 2nd and 3rd person object which is other than oneself. And one is in Being when one falls into oneself so deeply that the very idea of world, objects and things other than oneself is no longer there. One is told to consistently stay at that 'state' until it becomes one's default mode of being.

29 minutes ago, Jkris said:

(The moment you know you are - You are Not.

the moment you dont know you are - You are.)- Nisargadatta Maharaj.

And OH BOY! I wouldn't whack my brain trying to figure out this koan. Relaxing and Being is far more simple and easier. Only a genuine willingness is necessary. You'll perfectly get what Maharaj is trying to say here by Being, not by dissecting that quote linguistically and trying to figure it out conceptually :D

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

12 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Self-inquiry and ''being aware of being aware'' is the same thing experientially.

In self-inquiry, one is told to BE oneself rather than being this or that. So attention from ''this or that'' objects are relaxed due to lack of interest in them; and one is more and more established into oneself- the nondual, one, whole, subjective 'feeling' of I

On the other hand, the question ''Am I aware?'' is meant to take one to the state of just being aware. Not being aware of ''this or that'' objects. So it is also targeting to make one establish into the one, whole, aware, amness of oneself.

The bottom line is this: One is NOT Being as long as one is knowing any 2nd and 3rd person object which is other than oneself. And one is in Being when one falls into oneself so deeply that the very idea of world, objects and things other than oneself is no longer there. One is told to consistently stay at that 'state' until it becomes one's default mode of being.

So to rest in awareness, which to me feels no different from mindfulness, is the same as Self-enquiry as taught by Ramana Maharshi?

Edited by Freakyboo

11 minutes ago, Freakyboo said:

So to rest in awareness, which to me feels no different from mindfulness, is the same as Self-enquiry as taught by Ramana Maharshi?

Technically mindfulness and self-inquiry are different.

Mindfulness is depended on the assumption that there is an 'I' who trying to be in the present moment and noticing/being aware of objects present in the current experience without as much mental labels as possible. So it's a 1st person knowing 2nd and 3rd person objects. It never becomes deeply introspective on that 1st person 'I' itself.

Self-inquiry is totally opposite of that. Self-inquiry as Ramana Maharshi taught is relaxing attention from everything and every object and trying to lock attention on that 1st person 'I' itself.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom ??? I think Leo is right I will fly to mexico ??? and take that Bufo.Than trying to understand what the masters say.

I-I-I

Self shines in the heart as I-I.

Heart is Self ??? 

Nisargadatta Maharaj - The I AM will vanish.

You are not awareness,conciousness,Being,Non being But the absolute - Nisargadatta Maharaj

You dont exist - Nisargadatta Maharaj ???

Awareness is not conciousness - Nisargadatta Maharaj.

The Absolute need not be aware of itself as it is prior to Awareness ??????-Nisargadatta Maharaj

Awareness is aware of itself.Awareness is always aware of itself and not any other objects - Rupert Spira.???

Osho - The I will vanish then the amness too will vanish.

The Realisation Self is the witness of three states.-Turiya

The concept of witness too will vanish - Turiyadeedha

Chod dho Baba mujhe ??????

33 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Preetom ??? I think Leo is right I will fly to mexico ??? and take that Bufo.Than trying to understand what the masters say.

I-I-I

Self shines in the heart as I-I.

Heart is Self ??? 

Nisargadatta Maharaj - The I AM will vanish.

You are not awareness,conciousness,Being,Non being But the absolute - Nisargadatta Maharaj

You dont exist - Nisargadatta Maharaj ???

Awareness is not conciousness - Nisargadatta Maharaj.

The Absolute need not be aware of itself as it is prior to Awareness ??????-Nisargadatta Maharaj

Awareness is aware of itself.Awareness is always aware of itself and not any other objects - Rupert Spira.???

Osho - The I will vanish then the amness too will vanish.

The Realisation Self is the witness of three states.-Turiya

The concept of witness too will vanish - Turiyadeedha

Chod dho Baba mujhe ??????

Thats right. You'll never 'figure out' what those masters are saying conceptually. All those words consciousness, awareness, awareness, i am etc are defined differently by different sages; thats why they seem so contradictory on surface.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 29/06/2019 at 1:16 PM, martins name said:

@outlandish I do and I agree with you, which is why I intentionally didn't say which one. What I said is basically marketing for the booklist.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 7/1/2019 at 8:20 AM, Bryanbrax said:

@outlandish but I do have the booklist , so it shouldn't be a problem 

It's a problem because if he answered your question like you requested, it would expose the content of Leo's paid product to the general public, who haven't necessarily bought his booklist. Think about it.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Yes he is Legit. Leo has one of his books on the book list. 

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

23 hours ago, Kamo said:

Yes he is Legit. Leo has one of his books on the book list. 

Which