Scholar

Receding gum on a vegan diet.

37 posts in this topic

On 29-6-2019 at 8:24 PM, Shiva said:

Yeah, I mean why not? Everybody is different and has different nutritional requirements. 

Personally, I don't buy eggs myself, but if someone makes a cake I'm certainly not gonna refuse just because it contains some milk and eggs.

For me there's also a large social component to it. I really enjoy meeting friends and have dinner at restaurants. 

What did your fully vegan diet look like before? And what made you feel you needed change?

I was eating whole foods plant based before. About 60% carbs 20% fats and 20% protein. Putting my meals into Cronometer every day to track my nutrients, always 200+ calories above my maintaince level, etc. 

On paper, I should have been thriving and feeling amazing acording to vegan science, but I felt really weak in my body and depressed. What made me switch was the fragileness of my body and how I couldn't really do any type of movement with explosiveness anymore. I missed that fire in my body and sweat leaking off my skin. That's what I noticed came back when I started including some animal products again. I could finally be explosive and feel fire in me again.

During that time I was already suicidal, not being able to do one of the only things that brought me happiness in life anymore -- moving my body, made it so I had to do something, otherwise I might not have been here anymore. 

Enjoy and focus on the process, not the result.

You may simply have a bacterial infection in your gums. Do they bleed when you brush or floss?  It is also possible the dental hygiene is either insufficient or excessive. 

On 6/27/2019 at 0:21 PM, Dimi said:

There are tons and tons of research done that are not financed by corporations but by individuals which sole purpose is to make scientific researches and very specific tests so that you can have a specific conclusion eliminating other factors of doubt. You can have a look at Dr Greger or Dr Barnard.

Studied this subject extensively. This is the result. 

Mechanics of weight gain/loss that our ancestors understood for 100 million years because it was key to there survival: 

1) High Protein, Low Fat, Low Carb: Rapid weight loss, body is starved of fat, so it pulls from fat storage (Diet seen by pro bodybuilders to loss weight, eat nothing but lean protein, fatal long term.) 

2) Low Protein, Low Fat, High Carb: Weight loss, body is starved of fat, so it pulls from fat storage.  (Diets: The starch solution, Raw vegan diets)

3) High Protein, High Fat, Low Carb: Sustains weight, no change. (Diets: Carnivore, Keto) 

4) Low Protein, High Fat, High Carb: Rapid weight gain, body is given everything it needs to store fat. (Ideal for bulking for winter)

5) High Protein, Low Fat, High Carb: Weight loss, body is starved of fat, so it pulls from fat storage. (Very difficult to achieve diet, not seen often) 

6) Low Protien, High Fat, Low Carb: Results vary depending on how fast the body adapts, usually results in weight loss (Diets: extreme keto) 

---

Both 1 and 2 starve the body of fat in different ways, the critical difference is number 2 is extremely taxing on the body high stress. Number 1 is actually fatal long term body fat percentage reaches 0 resulting in death, this is known as rabbit starvation. 

Short term number 2 can have amazing results especially if coming from the standard "what ever i see i eat" diet. But long term the results are clear, premature aging. Just look at Dr Barnard patients and subordinates that have been on the journey for 10 years... they look terrible. Aged poorly. The problem is on the diet they cant eat fat because number 4 happens and they rapidly gain weight...

We haven't began covering how number 2 (The starch solution diet) is Low omega 3 fats/high sugar that hamers the brain. Watching Dr Barnard talks hes not wrong about everything there is plenty of truth to his teaching, like everything else which serves to sugar coat the false message.

The interesting part: Number 2 and Number 3 both cure everything. Practitioners in both camps have great success with there patients. But there is a critical difference, number 2 is not sustainable long term. This is the catch no one sees that endorse The starch solution diet. This is unhealthy veganism. 

When looking deeper, number 3 Keto/Carnivore have the highest cancer cure rates. Look into doctors/practitioners that employ this diet for cancer treatment, compare with other diet plans... look at the results and you will find the truth

Side note: Chemotherapy, the only reason this works is because the patients receiving the poison are so sick they stop eating, start fasting and because they stopped eating the things that caused the cancer there body heals itself. Chemo does not cure cancer its the fasting and diet changes that gives there body time to heal. The only thing the chemo ensures is that someone is going to make a profit off of the patient and the patient is going to spend the next 20 years devastated as they watch their body rapidly deteriorate from the delayed effects of the highly toxic chemo "treatment". 

yeah totally, for those who dont know fasting is the most powerful anticancer intervention there is.

A well know study showed that patients who were in a fasted state during their chemo showed drastically reduced negative long term impact from the chemo radiation. something about being fasted was protective against the chemo, has implications for other environmental stressors on health obv. too

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

The sad life story of a nutrition expert:

First he gains many years of life expectancy by eating super healthy. Then he loses his gained life expectancy due to the constant stress caused by arguing with people about which diet is the best :D

Knowing is not enough. We must apply.
Willing is not enough. We must do. 

10 hours ago, Shiva said:

The sad life story of a nutrition expert:

First he gains many years of life expectancy by eating super healthy. Then he loses his gained life expectancy due to the constant stress caused by arguing with people about which diet is the best :D

No actually im trying to claw back some quality of life after I was robbed of a normal healthy existence by my stupid hippie parents who fed me a plant based diet in my early years. I just hope the truth gets out before there are more casualties like me.

It's laughable how much my health improved after i stopped all that BS.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

1 hour ago, montecristo said:

No actually im trying to claw back some quality of life after I was robbed of a normal healthy existence by my stupid hippie parents who fed me a plant based diet in my early years. I just hope the truth gets out before there are more casualties like me.

It's laughable how much my health improved after i stopped all that BS.

Nobody is saying that all plant-based diets are equally healthy. We are claiming that it is possible to be healthy without animal products.

I don't know your parents but if they are like most hippies their vegan diet is probably not the best. Many especially Hippie-type people are in it for ethical reasons not for health, so they don't really care to much if their diet is healthy, it just has to be vegan.

But I understand that you want to do the opposite of your parents. It's normal ;)

they were extremely health conscious, to their detriment and were taken in by all manner of plant based hucksters preaching the health beneefits of the diet, I was allowed refined sugar once a yeaar on halloween for example.

My advocacy against veganism here is not some unconscious backlash against whatever my parents happened to do.

It is def possible for some individuals to tolerate vegan diets given they have a robust microbiome and optimal genetics able to neutralize the various chemical assaults from plant foods and extract maximal nutrients from it.

BUT

it would be an experiment that is likely to fail with liffe altering consequences for those that are not so inclined

Know the facts and BE CAREFUL, closely monitor the state of your health and if you choose to go down this road is all im saying.

@montecristo Well, I have no intentions to convert you to veganism. I'm not a vegan missionary or something like that :D do what you think is right and I do the same.

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

@montecristo Well, I have no intentions to convert you to veganism. I'm not a vegan missionary or something like that :D do what you think is right and I do the same.

I didnt think you were. I just think there should be a PSA about this veganism stuff is all.

I respect the impulse tremendously that makes a person become vegan or at least reduce their meat consumption but people really need to be aware of the pitfalls of doing so.

@montecristo I just believe that we need more people to think in grey scales rather than black and white,  nuance rather than absolutism and acknowledge complexities rather than seeing straight lines.

So, on any subject, I'm careful with people who claim to know "the facts".

absolutely:D

On 2019-07-01 at 11:40 PM, montecristo said:

I was robbed of a normal healthy existence by my stupid hippie parents who fed me a plant based diet in my early years.

You might want to inquire into that. Biases possibly come from that.

Dimi - seriously thanks for the links posted 30 June.  particularly interested in the nutritionfacts.org site which seems to contain sound honest evidence based advice... though the science on it all is of course a moving train.   This is why I come to Leo's site...he and the forum people have sent me off in such interesting new directions.  

Most of us don't brush properly, my sister taught me how to brush my teeth properly for the first time as an adult when she started working in a dental office. When you brush angle the brush so that it's at a 45 degree angle and centered where your gums meet your teeth. Brush very lightly and always have a soft or extra soft toothbrush. I started having gum problems even though I always floss and this fixed them. 

Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Posted (edited)

On 7/11/2019 at 0:15 PM, ary said:

Dimi - seriously thanks for the links posted 30 June.  particularly interested in the nutritionfacts.org site which seems to contain sound honest evidence based advice... though the science on it all is of course a moving train.   This is why I come to Leo's site...he and the forum people have sent me off in such interesting new directions.  

@ary You are very welcome, thank yourself for going there ;)

If you want to know more or have any food/health related question, don't hesitate to PM me ;)

Love

Edited by Dimi

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞